G4S Employee Reviews for Security Supervisor

Found 13 reviews matching the search See all 10,389 reviews
My Time with G4S
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON11 March 2018
I started working for G4S in 2001.
G4S has many sites for which they are responsible for creating and maintaining a positive, safe and inclusive environment.
I provided my services for 13 years before deciding to leave the company to support my family.

My experience with the company G4S is limited as I had an in house administrator that dealt directly with the company. My role consisted of liaising with the site management team and the Director of Safety and security of the College and University.
I enjoyed working within the diverse community that is DC/UOIT.
Career growth within the company
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 April 2018
Management needs to pay attention when employee needs help or concern. There are more job oppourtunties withtin the company. Managament recognize hard working employee.
Pros
Various job oppurtunity
Cons
No replies from management when you require help. Uniforms needs to provided yearly.
productive workplace wit comitted staff who help build your future
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON6 March 2015
working for G4S Security Solutions has provided me with many skills and training for my future. The management team is very supportive and are always available to listen to the staff. the hardest part of my job is dealing with traumatic situations. I am able to professionally respond to situations but sometimes situations are emotionally effective towards the team. I enjoy working with this company because of the development it has on my future and goals
benefits
productive, efficient
Security Officer (Site Supervisor) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 November 2012
A typical work day is that you are either dealing with a fire alarm, leak problem, ambulance emergency, or a trespass. I learnt how to be proactive and to react fast in all sort of emergencies situations. The management is nice, they listen to your concerns and keep that in their record. I found that easy to deal with co-workers. The secret is to find out what type of person they are and to be friend with them accordingly. The hardest part of the job is that you are called in the middle of the night sometimes to cover a shift for a late or absent guard. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you have lots of free time. You can use this time to actually improve your skills and to be an excellent employee.
Pros
lots of free time
special events for employees
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 March 2018
Dealing with emergency situations when they arise can be very intense so you must be focust at all times training is very important in this position.
Pros
Awards
Cons
24 hours 7 days
Solid security companies
Security Officer/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 February 2017
This two companies that I still working with, very popular in Canada and globe wide.
There well organized working process and management.
Company providing security services for different level client, from private to Government organizations.
Just ordinary environment
Security supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary7 January 2015
offer incentives for security education . Management is partially cooperative at senior levels. Co-workers mostly undereducated and novice . Hardest part is to deal with change of schedules. The most enjoyable is the day off.
Pros
pay fee etc for certification
Cons
usual hour work
Great company where yo can grow
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 February 2016
Days are always different
Management is great
Co-workers are good team players
Always learn something new
Chance to grow within the company
Some
Security officer/ senior guard/ Site supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 October 2013
Busy gets stressful

Patience is key

Savvy you need to be the same

complain learn to squash more

Not honest people/tenents
Pros
customer services
Productive and fun workplace
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 September 2015
Managing staff to meet peoples needs in daily basis is always challenging work to impose especially when 90% is customer service. What makes this job great is everyday people you meet inspiring new ideas what to expect next and ways to improve yourself in a growing industry of customer service especially in a multicultural city and company that one works for.
Work Environment is amazing, management stressfull
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON22 January 2014
I worked as a contract worker for Lakeridge Health for 5 years. The nursing staff were amazing, my team fantastic.

This position was stressful in itself, training minimum and discipline harsh.
Pros
Paid Training
Cons
Favortism
great and best place to earn experience
Security Officer Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 May 2013
some days are easy then other the hardest part was is able to mange all work load, some time it was hard when short of stuff.