G4S Employee Reviews for Guard

Camp security
camp guard (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB14 May 2018
Worked 3 rotations in a camp setting with this employer.
The group of guards I worked with were cliquish and if they didn't like you made sure you didn't last.

The work environments in the camp were gossipy and childish. There is 0 support from management.

The camp guards are treated like "mall cops" from the shift OC all the way up to the head of camp security.

The staff were nervous about losing the contract to a competitor so were telling the gate guards to include useless info in their log book in order to give the appearance of being busy.

Management and staff are very insecure individuals.

Pay was decent but one could get a labourer position with another camp employer and fair just as well or better
Pros
2 week rotations
Cons
rules for the sake of rules, a childish, gossipy environment
You do not go no anywhere
Guard (Former Employee) –  edmonton, walmart31 January 2018
May be big company and this is why some mistakes go unchecked. This company is greedy, no management skills to run it. They can change your wage any time they want. Management Never checks with employees about their sudden rash of judgements. Other people mistakes may land on your page and you may be dismissed without knowing why. This company like wagon that runs on three wheels that runs only on a flat road. If the guard spends hundred years working for G4S he will never be noticed or rewarded or actually getting pay raises (may get pay cut). bad work culture. Over all, not good company to work for.
Pros
you are invesible, do what you want
Cons
same pay for 15 years
Great work environment
Lost prevention guard (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON14 November 2017
I enjoy the staff and management of this company. excellent work environment. I enjoy coming into work everyday and helping out the community. I would love to grow with the company.
Pros
always reachable
Slow with no achievements accomplished
Patient Watch Guard (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON5 February 2016
For this short term employment I did not enjoy. I felt that I was bullied where I was located with the company. For 12 hours I had to sit in a chair not able to move and watch patients that had been considered unstable and were placed on "forms." When a patient in the hospital is "formed" that means they have to be monitored all hours of the day and night till the form has expired or been removed.

The hardest part for me is the fact I was not able to move around and it being a very slow pace job. For the 12 hours we were only allowed to have one 30 minute break which was hard as well on the body.
Cons
Long hours with 1 short break, no stable hours, rude co-workers, no benefits, low wage
Productive and a good place to work
Vault Administrator/Armoured Guard/Custodian (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 November 2015
Its a good place to work, lots of proof reading is involved. It is hectic at times but pretty steady. Management is pretty cooperative.
Pros
Paid Lunches, Overtime, Enjoyable Work Environment
Cons
Everything is Timed. You can get behind schedule very easily if not alert and prioritized.
Worst company to work for!
Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 October 2015
The management does not care about staff, and will do anything to make themselves look good. very unorganized and demeaning.
Every shift is different
regular guard (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 July 2015
G4S was a good place to work. Sometimes they have the wrong person in Management, and this causes problems with the staff and Clients.
could be frustrating
Guard (Former Employee) –  ups hub, jane and steeles7 April 2015
Using G4S Toronto Ontario were i have worked as a case study, the management should be reviewed as in relations to their workers
Pros
Cons
long work ours is possible
G4S (Sudbury, ON)
Driver/Guard (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON25 October 2013
Loved the job, but not the company; and it appears they did not like me too much either. Never knew what day you might be working, or whether or not you would keep your shift. Management was fair, but intimidated by the union. My co-workers, if casual, where decent enough, but full time employees, well they lacked professional qualities, in my opinion. Personally, I would not work for this company again.
security guard
Gate guard (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB16 April 2013
easy job. long commute to work. people were great. 3 days- 3 nights and 6 off.

Want to know more about G4S?

Ask a question
Horrible work environment
CIT GUARD (Former Employee) –  edmonton alberta28 July 2012
G4S is with out a doubt the worst company i have ever worked for as a armed guard in edmonton the managers are the worst people in the world they will treat you like a tool and suspend you when you refuse todo unsafe work they brushed of the employees that are stressed out over the university shooting no concealing available. With out a doubt the most corrupt money hungry place to work ever.
Cons
everything above