G4S

G4S Employee Reviews in Calgary, AB

Found 66 reviews matching the searchSee all 15,529 reviews

Never out of work

Started 2+ years and always getting enough hours, schedule staff are very cooperative and understands your availability. Managers are their when u need them. I am just comfortable working different sites as not boring and stuck on one place. Money is not great but stress level is low too. Be honest with your work & availability level open for any shift will keep your job safe.

Pros

Cons

Pay

Its good survival job

I am a new immigrant and for me not much is available in the market. Security is a good start. I am thankful to the organization for their confidence in me. Learn lot of things, help to build my Canadian experience.

Walmart

Very fun environment and very kind staff , a typical day for me includes patrolling the site , watching for any vagrants , and damage to any of the windows or doors.

Camp job experience is the best

Awaesome camp job experience in Kearl, AB and Fortmcmurray, AB. The trip fro home to site and site to home before and after the rotation would be fantastic.

Job Security

There is no such thing as job security at G4S. working with the company was fun. However, when there are issues arising within a contract, the area managers tend to turn the other cheek and allow the problems to persist, just to save a big contract. My biggest complaint about G4S is the company allowing someone with no security or supervisory experience to take over the Team Lead position for G4S. The contract is huge for G4S as it is a global contract. However, the individual creates a hazardous work environment, which has caused many people to leave and seek shifts elsewhere. the biggest pro i have from the company: being able to learn and grow as a security officer. I have learned a lot working with a gentleman who has more than 25 years of security experience. I can say that I can do my job with confidence with all that he has taught me.

Pros

Office staff is the best

Cons

allowing someone with no security or management experience take on the title of supervisor, which is currently happening on one contract.

Just ok

It is just a routine, monotonous, day to day job with very little to learn and grow. I am a creative person who would like to do work in my field which I specialize for.

Good people, recycled quickly

They were a good place to work, just not the best fit for a career. They train, treat most of the employees consistently and don't have many good placements. This was the only place in temporary staff security that had fair benefits and where employees received accredited training. Pitty, I was slotted out of my job. It didn't sit well with me how I was not included in that decision. I quit for an hour and wage reduction proposal. It was a substantial change that I couldn't handle and was forced upon me. The people are trying hard to be good, but it's rare to have anyone stay employed by them for long periods. The people who do, think as everyone else as filler for someone better. That was my impression of this organization in Calgary. Unfortunately, it's not uncommon in security staffing organizations.

Pros

Free accedited training, has benifits (dental, health, etc.), temp work, continued to try to be better

Cons

Temp work, completely unqualified staff after contract, bad uniforms that you have to buy, uncontrolled and/or unplanned promises occurred often

Clean environment

I have been working with this security company which i dedicate myself by working hard and by proving myself to others how i work so hard. I solve so many situation even when manager were around which they were so proud on me because how handle my job. The most part of my job i enjoy was dealing with drug addicted people who were smoking in the stairwells in business building which i manage to handle it and make the building clean and clear by dealing with the individual because of my communication skills.

Pros

free gifts

Not recommended

It really depends on the site you get but if you are not lucky. You will not have a fun time working. Nothing fun ..... ........ .......... .............. .................

Pros

you are employed

Cons

poor treatment of emloyees

flight center at kearl

It is a very good employer .I learned to be more professional with G4S.The management encourage us all the time to show professionalism with clients. My co-workers are brothers and sisters to me. The hardest part of the job is when we go outside under the weather of -40 to go scan vehicles. when I am by myself in the bird house to wait for the vehicles to come before I scan them and let them go by pressing the botton .

Jobs at G4S

in Calgary, AB
See more jobs

Every shift is different

G4S was a good place to work. Sometimes they have the wrong person in Management, and this causes problems with the staff and Clients.

Great place to work at that understood work life balance

I was working here for 4 years in which time they always placed me in places I could be of most use. I was challenged intellectually and physically to ensure the safety of the location. They accommodated my needs to work daily wether it was in the daytime or night. I was given the proper training to learn all the key requirements of each location; security camera training, alarm system training etc. Great co-workers that also shared similar passion and journey in life as myself. The hardest part was maintaining a proper sleep schedule when I was working overnight. The best part was the locations I was at, very slow paced and calm.

Good experience

New experience in the security industry, met new people, who I enjoyed working with. However, the contract was too short and the pay rate very low.

Pros

close to home

Productive with fun

A typical Day starts and ends easily. Learnt team work, Data entry, Customer Service. Management was good but less attentive. Co-workers were great, good team. Night shift was the only hard thing. Some nights you do nothing and just enjoy.

Pros

Preferred Hours

Cons

Less Benefits

Not a great company

Very poor compensation overall. Bad management. Does not pay overtime.Location was in Calgary, Alberta. Overall not a good company to work for. Unsteady work.

Cons

Poor health benefits, no raises, no room for advancement

Just ordinary environment

offer incentives for security education . Management is partially cooperative at senior levels. Co-workers mostly undereducated and novice . Hardest part is to deal with change of schedules. The most enjoyable is the day off.

Pros

pay fee etc for certification

Cons

usual hour work

Poor management

SCM never come out to check on there sites. I have nothing else to say about them

Professional

I was only working as a casual because I was on the waiting list to be sent to the oil fields by G4S, so I wasn't getting that many hours for that reason. I also had to leave once I was admitted to School. But I must say that Management were very friendly, caring, understanding and easy to deal with. G4S are very professional and provide their employees every information they need for the job type.

Productive environment

The hardest part of any job is to take yourself out of the house and go to work. Work can be inviting as well if your companions are cordial and hospitable

Pros

Good Pay

Cons

hard to balance personal life with work life and terrible employee relations

When i was hired I was informed that I would be placed in a full time position guaranteed, for the first month i worked for no more than 2 days . My last location there I had requested a location somewhat close to home as i was promised in the interview and I was placed at a location outside of the city on the opposite side of Calgary from me, my commute in the morning was an hour on the best day but usually ended up being close to 2 and a half hours. I worked 12 hour days which i was expecting in a security company but ended up spending 16 hours on average a day working and getting there/back then the rest sleeping so i could work the next day i didnt get to see my family for more that 5 minutes a day and when i saw them they were asleep. when i requested a closer location to home i was pulled off the location I was on and left without any work for 5 months even though i kept contacting checking on progress for new locations and nothing came of it until i received a letter in the mail that read: our records show that you have not worked for 5 months with us and we will assume that if you do not contact us before said date we will be terminating your employment. upon reading this i immediately sent an email to inform hr that I have been trying to get a shift with the company and that i would like to continue working with them but never received any confirmation that the email was even received so i went into the office to discuss the matter face to face to hear that they had apparently responded 3 times to my email however i had never received anything and they informed me that -

Great Company

G4S is a excellent company to be a part of, the support and direction given is outstanding.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G4S. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.1K