G4S logo
G4S

G4S Employee Reviews in Calgary, AB

Found 65 reviews matching the searchSee all 15,380 reviews

Never out of work

Started 2+ years and always getting enough hours, schedule staff are very cooperative and understands your availability. Managers are their when u need them. I am just comfortable working different sites as not boring and stuck on one place. Money is not great but stress level is low too. Be honest with your work & availability level open for any shift will keep your job safe.

Pros

Cons

Pay

No Career hard to Survive with this job cause poor management.

cause of bad management, people have no career no future cheating under hiring hard to survive with this job. Always irresponsible Management. No Knowledge

Lol

I worked at Calgary location. The was stolen my hours and I have to fight back to get it. The only i like about it is if you do your job properly no one tell your what to do

I love it it's good company

G4S is good and cool company I love to work here but I want to my pay check on time in my account every two weeks I start again to go with this company I have no problem thank you

Excellent place to work.

Management is always there to help you find answers to your questions. Hours are fair. Staff at G4S are very helpful as well. Training is compliant and knowledgeable with today's industry.

Pros

Great working environment

Cons

Short notice for shifts

Stressfull and hectic place to work

Toxic Environment, management only cares about their own pay cheques and incentives doesn’t care about the staff under them. Very stressful and hectic. Wastage of your time and skills if you are working in this company as the only need you until you are working according to them not according to company’s policies and protocols. Favouritism all the time

Veey professional company

An excellent company to work for. It provides so many Opportunities to its employees to grow within G4S. Management is very good as always recognize and appreciate the work of deserving employees.

would not recommend

I was hired as a part time scheduler. they didnt say anything about training pay being less than regular pay, I was hired for graveyard shift I was told someone would always be avail for me if needed, which wasnt true, I was left on my own after only 3 days of training, unable to contact anyone. worst experience ever. The computer went down, the guard application to book on and off went down, Wasnt left with any phone numbers to call, no emergency back up plan of any kind. Felt unsafe for guards as well as myself. Door to building was left open twice that I noticed well on duty.Would not recommend this company to anyone.

productive

Staff are treated well. The working environment is reasonably good. Performance is evaluated regularly and managers are very professional and respectful. The safety of their employees is a priority for them.

Fast Paced

Great management, helpful staff. Fast-Paced, liked working here. Learned a lot. laid back work culture yet productive, less stress to work around when you know you can talk to your managers any time.

Jobs at G4S

in Calgary, AB
See more jobs

Working as casual guard.

Slow pace environment job, hours varies, mostly you need to worked night or afternoon shift. You need to balance your personal time management with your work schedule.

Pros

Good place to worked as security guard.

Cons

Less hours guarantee.

They can be very up and down with there jobs

There pay can jump from good to bad and they lie about there sits and how much u can make and scheduling screws up your hours all the time and don't want to pay over time

fair and helpfull management, great place and environment to work and grow

always learned something new on different sites which is good to learn practicaaly to improve myself and custumer service. i enjoy my work and love to keep people and property safe.

Good to tell friends enjoy with work

I work with less than year , the put as a greater with Walmart in south west, it take me about hour , i feel very scared about my job, brcause of my frist job fpr security, after the change my job in other areas, what did not like in night time " what the say if you want stay with us , you jad to do that , i change my mind after all quite my job , sorry to say them , i did not undetstand all.thanks

Management was a good and very bad mixture.

Not sure of the chain of command, many good people mixed in with women getting away with things regular hard workers would not. Favoured darker skinned races, special right to Muslims, 5 times a day, for 90 minutes they prayed in the toilets in the oil sands. Minus 60c and still took their lunch and 2 15 minute breaks while non muslims had to scan vehicles for 12 hours .at.eextreme temperatures

I have been trained in security and alarm responder

Our managers and supervisors were very smart,they trained us,they were updating us regularly,we had as an objectif to secure people as well as they belonging,our objectif was to satisfy our clients and that objectif was highly made.

Its a good place for job

Mind satisfied place where you can do your job without any hesitation and any headache. I strongly recommend to everyone that you guys can join this company

Awesome

I really enjoyed working for them met different kinds of people. The site that I was on when I worked by myself mobile came to check on me. Very friendly staff and caring.

Very nice place to work

Whole calgart office staff is very nice and professional. We all come together in busy time and finish the project with success. I would like to work until I reach retirement.

security guard

typical security guard duties with lack of training for various sites. always call you last minute to shifts. some sites are nice but most are horrible.

Great place to work and very well respected

I have really enjoyed woking with this company a really good company to work for the respect you and they do acknowledge you when you do a good job...

Pros

Great atmosphere

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G4S. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4K