G4S

G4S Employee Reviews

Found 768 reviews matching the searchSee all 15,696 reviews

Insights into G4S

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job

Not the best experience in the Security domain

No clear and defined structure as to organizational flow of power. Poor working cluture, and low wages. I have been working here for over a year, and it doesn't feel like I have a job. G4S should invest more in their employees by sponsoring them on security workshops, and paying decent wages.

Pros

Security experience

Cons

Low income

Great job but it was the exception

I worked as a Covid Compliance Officer in a contract with the manitoba government. Really easy job. Management was very chill. Most of the time they didn't know what we were doing. Our job was to do inspections which meant sometimes guys just sat outside the store in the car and didn't really inspect. We got paid like $20/hr but that was an exception. Large Indian workforce so they covered for each other.

Pros

Easy job

Cons

Terrible management

Very much cosistent plus work all over the place

Lots of available hours all over the city plus essex county. People are really trying to be positive attributes to this company given all the difficult hardships that are within us and in our heads. People are genuine and want to make a difference in other peoples lives.

Pros

uniforms - higher wages

Cons

very loud ppl /

Decent pay, but terrible communication

The pay is decent working as a security guard out in this area, but the communication between management/client and workers are very poor.The clients employees are very nice and understanding to work with. Makes the day go by fast. There is no office out this way, to receive a new uniform, or notebook is very delayed. There is no manager or supervisor out this way, there are guards that get away with many things. You need to work 300 hours in order to "apply" for your benefits package, which you need to do on your own by calling the appropriate person and them mailing it out to you. Depending on the site that has hired the company, if you don't have "security experience" the HR won't even look at your resume. I'd suggest to have some security experience and your own security licence before applying, just in case.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Terrible communication, lack of management

Respectable sites make us enjoy our working day.

Sometimes Access Controlling extends to a challenging task with misunderstanding of some customers though notification posted/oral explanation provided on recent changes.

Pros

Can engage in online studies in downtimes; balance work/study lives.

Cons

Working alone at some sites specifically during nights.

Boring no opportunity

Pays low- management clearly does not care. No opportunity for advancement , never got paperwork for my union. I THINK I paid for benefits- no paperwork or updates for that either.

Pros

Laid back

Cons

Everything else

exciting and amazing job

It was very exciting and very nice. it was When I was new to Canada, it helps allot, also job opportunity was not. I learned a lot of staff, I was at front line when it come security officer

Relaxable work place and higher wage rates

I would recommend this company to everybody on prior basis who comes to me and ask about the security job. They offer very good wage rates, and shift upon phone call thats the good thing for part time or casual workers too.

Excellent management and family atmosphere

From my recruiter to my area manager, everyone was great. A solid place to work. The sites were challenging but that's how you grow. G4S is a good choice.

Pros

Excellent management

Terrible at everything

If you thought the management from your previous job was bad then you’re in for a treat with G4S. Take the advice of the hundred negative reviews people left or You’ll apply for one position and then they’ll schedule you for something else. Management is so poor , but why wouldn’t they be if they hire just about anyone that walks through their door, and not care for the quality and image they portray. My advise would be save your gas money because working for them is not worth it I promise. Take the advice or you’ll find out the hard way just like I did.

Pros

Zero pros

Cons

Where should i even start

No Career hard to Survive with this job cause poor management. Reduce hours for seniors staff then they quite

cause of bad management, people have no career no future cheating under hiring hard to survive with this job. Always irresponsible Management. No Knowledge

Excellent and productive.

Good company with good people. Frindly atmosphere to work .Management is cooperative Salary factor should be improved and location as well in Oshawa.

Great place to work people are very friendly. All things are going well when working with this company . Learning something daily and developing communication skills.

Good company in the beginning

The company was fantastic in the beginning but as managers changed, so did the culture. It was more of what will the employee do rather than how the employer could help. Worked really long hours, miled out one car only to get a $0.13 raise. The manager in Calgary was horrible when the best one left. I quit the day I met him.

Pros

Prior Management

Cons

Ungrateful Employer

overall a good company to work with

Overall G4S is a good company to work with; they are gracious when issues come up with health or family . One of the main elements I enjoyed most about G4S was how good as well as respectful the rapport was between ALL the staff: management , supervisors and general security crew. Also, management and regional supervisors were genuinely concerned about the safety and wellbeing of the on-site security teams at all the locations in their region. My favourite parts of the job were training and mentoring staff and new security team members, and building a happy, dedicated and cohesive security team that looked after the safety and well being of the site and the clients on our premise.

Pros

opportunities for advancement and supportive of staff

Cons

some sites can be stressful due dealing with high risk individuals and angry customers.

No Career hard to Survive with this job cause poor management.

Terrible Management and Stressful Job

If you need a regular schedule to be able to plan things at home it seems like they don't really care about you. You are just a number they can place somewhere so that a shift is filled, no real interest in their employees. High turnover rate because of no support from the site manager.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Bad management

Terrible Management and Stressful Job

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Bad Management

Avoid at all cost!

If you value your time, and want hours, avoid this company… I’ve asked for a full-time site and no overnight shifts, and in return I got offered overnights only… not very accommodating. Also if you looking for extra hours, forget it with this company… I’ve asked numerous times for extra shift or full time hours but get no response majority of the time.

Cons

No respect for their employees.

Employees are over worked and under paid. G4S managment is not stable and often changing due to constant shortage of workers because of the negative environment. Stressful job no respect for their employees. Lots of mental abuse by the company.

Good salaries but very unfair treatment and mentally unhealthy work environment.

Relatively speaking, this job provides good salaries. This is the only merit of this company... Only a ​few managers treat and support all agents impartially. In other words, a large number of managers demonstrate preferential treatment to certain groups of people or races over all other employees for reasons unrelated to work performance. If your race is not same as your immediate manager(s) who plays favorites, good luck; you would work your fingers to the bones while those "favorites" take unofficial, extra break by chatting with the manager (in their language). Besides, on a daily basis, you have to deal with not only rude passengers but also some super lazy and vulgar seniors who think they own the company. There are also crazy drama and rumors created by your own co-workers. Overall very unprofessional and unhealthy work environment to work at.

Pros

Good salaries

Cons

flexibility, shift, unprofessional management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G4S. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.1K