G4S Employee Reviews

Terrible place to work
Screening Officer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC9 August 2018
Been working with G4S for over 2 years at YVR Airport and I absolutely HATED it. Management and Scheduling don't care about you. They treat you like dirt. You want to modify a shift or take a day off? Forget about it. They won't ever approve it even if your dying from cancer.

They've started to doggy tag everyone, tracking everyones moves. CAN I NOT USE THE WASHROOM IN PEACE?

They hire complete idiots, everyone is two faced and A LOT OF DRAMA GOES DOWN. Everyone sleeps around with each other just to make it to the top. You have managers AND coworkers sexually harassing the females. You have everyone spreading rumours about each other and what does management do? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. They don't care about anyone or the health of their employees
Pros
Health Coverage
Cons
Management & coworkers
Positive
Bilingual Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 August 2018
It all depends on the location we are working and the collegues. Sme places are fun to work, while some are boring. Overall I like the flexibility that G4S provide us, i.e we can build our own schedule and work upon our availability.
Guard
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 July 2018
Hard company to be in , good for students. I found that it was good for doing certain task for your own time, pay needs big improvment, people working should be able to leave the union if they want to and not forcefully pay.
Just like all the others
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 July 2018
I've worked this business for nearly 20 years, management needs to look after people better
Biggest complaint ANSWER the phone.
If we have an issue talk to us.
2 Walmart doesn't pay the bills.$13.60 / hr is a joke
I like my job , I'm good at it.
Pros
Good people, traning
great environment and teamwork
Steward (Current Employee) –  Brussel-Hoofdstad30 July 2018
Great social contact with passengers (Brussels Airport).
Different tasks each day.
Dynamic work style.
Real teamwork.
feeling like helping customers significantly.
Pros
work place
Cons
early hours
G4S is World Wide Company
G4S Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON24 July 2018
I am working for G4s since 2007. This company provide lot of free courses such as first Aid, Management Training courses. They have lot of different contracts so I gain lot of experiences in g4s while I am working at different back round people.
Second worst security company in Canada.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 July 2018
Management is a joke.
If you are white you will never get promoted.
Pay sucks.
Can NEVER get enough hours to get benefits.
They give you USED uniforms.
I could go on but the bottom line is,
this company SUCKS!!!!
Pros
Lol
Cons
long hours low pay. somtimes no washroom piis on a tree.
It's okay
Screening Officer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC17 July 2018
I really enjoyed working here the first year, then I don't know what happened in management but it went down hill very fast. Scheduling makes this job extremely stressful, to get a day off you pretty much need someone on their death bed before they will give you a day off. You need to be here minium 5 years to MAYBE just MAYBE get a Saturday or Sunday off. They also implemented some tracking devices you need to punch in where you are going so they monitor your every movement even if you go to the washroom. Flexibility used to be fantastic till G4s decided they didn't like the shift give aways and made everyone take full time lines so no one can give away. You will also get in trouble for give away shifts even though it Is our right and in the union hand book

They are very behind the times everything is still done by paper and pen.

If you speak French you will get very bad shifts as they have different bidding lines (shifts) for them. People who have been here 5+ year who are French still get terrible shifts. They get shifts as if they just started.

Students will be screwed over, you will definitely not get a part time line (shift). They do not accommodate students. In fack they accommodate no one.

There is room for advancement into management but I suggest you be very good as a screening officer and make sure everyone upstairs likes you, do as they say and raise no questions.

You are not a Human being to the people upstairs in that office all you are is a number, they don't care about your life outside of work, and its extremely sad.
Benefits
Cons
Scheduling, flexibility, management
patrol,observe
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 July 2018
I would patrol,observe and then report any incident.
My job was to make sure the site remains safe and everything remains intact and work well with my team to minimize crime .
Pros
good team
Cons
short hours
Head office Management Needs to go
N/A (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON5 July 2018
Management has no clue what each person actually does. They only care about meeting the bottom line so that they can get their annual bonus. They need to change from the top.
Pros
None at all
Cons
No Appreciation for what employees do, Extremely high turnover even though your performance is above par, No job security whatsoever.
Amazing Company to work for
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 July 2018
G4S has been a very accommodating and enjoyable workplace. Healthy work environment, and absolutely outstanding management. Very understanding and flexible workplace.
Pad your resume and get out
Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC3 July 2018
Crazy culture where they are constantly changing the goals. Zero support for middle managers. Basically disposable employees as there is constant turnover in all departments. The union is strong and the brains of the operation. The company bows to the union and will sacrifice their young (managers) instead of fixing issues.
Pros
Resume builder
Cons
Zero job security
Review
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON22 June 2018
It was a step up to next employment position There were no benefits and there was no chance of advancement to a better paying position ... It helped me gain necessary skills to move on
Pros
Helped us gain skills
Cons
no beneifts
The focus is on money, not on the people
just another flunky (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 June 2018
They replace people like they are toilet paper...really couldn't give a toss about anyone but themselves. They will claim that this isn't true, but I have seen it with my own eyes. DONT work here.
Pros
Nice trucks
Cons
lousy pay with really bad bosses
Poor service for all
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 June 2018
The company is not organized at all. They rarely reply to your emails and the pay is pretty much minimum wage compared to other companies who are paying 3+ dollars in comparison.
Its seems to be going well i just hope i can grab hours very soon
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ON4 June 2018
I just started working here I like it a lot but I've been reading some of the reviews here and I hope that this low hours thing does not happen to me as I need to work. I need the money badly and something to keep me busy so I'm not stuck at home all the time. Now what people are saying about the wages being low all I have to say is just be happy your getting money at all and the long hrs is what a guard is for. If you all thought there was only going to be 6-8 hour shifts you picked the wrong line of work. But any ways here is to a good career with G4S thank you guys for welcoming me a board.
Pros
Good people, pay is good, benefits
Cons
Not enough contracts.
Nope
Security guard. (Current Employee) –  Ontario1 June 2018
Seemingly either get ridiculous overwhelming hours or hardly any at all. Pay sucks, minimum in fact and they can have you work overtime hours without paying you overtime hours due to a scheduling loophole. They also owe several employees backpay but that's not looking likely to happen. Takes an age too to get new uniforms if necessary...I could go on, wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
Pros
Met a handful of cool people
Cons
Everything else
One of the best security company in world
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 June 2018
It was awesome experience working with this company. I started my job as security for CNE 2017 and had good experience .Handed very tough people to very nice ones .
Pros
All were nice people in company
Cons
less pay rate
Professional
ARMED GUARD (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 May 2018
Great working environment for the most part although some sites are not well managed. Opportunity for those who seek knowledge and wisdom through experience also providing networking so you are always interacting and growing.
Pros
Networking
Cons
Restrictions
Security guard
security guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 May 2018
Have experience of both commercial as well as condominium sites.Have worked for contractor escort, fire watch, concierge guard. Also have worked on construction sites.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G4S. Our community is ready to answer.

52.2K