G4S
Happiness score is 56 out of 100

G4S Employee Reviews

The G4S is a famous and well- organized security company in Canada and security guards have more opportunities to work with this famous conpany in Canada.
Pros
They give enough time to have lunch and dinner at work.
Cons
The hours are fair and based on employee satisfaction
No Financial compensationManagement is very slow at responding to emailsDoes not care for employees - only cares for contracts filledPay is very little for hours and responsibilitiesVery high turn over rate on certain sites - cannot keep employees Demeaning to workersCompany who does background checks make it very difficult - implemented yearly background checks.
Pros
Looks good on resume
Cons
Does not care for employees
G4S is good and cool company I love to work here but I want to my pay check on time in my account every two weeks I start again to go with this company I have no problem thank you
Management is always there to help you find answers to your questions. Hours are fair. Staff at G4S are very helpful as well. Training is compliant and knowledgeable with today's industry.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Short notice for shifts
Toxic Environment, management only cares about their own pay cheques and incentives doesn’t care about the staff under them. Very stressful and hectic. Wastage of your time and skills if you are working in this company as the only need you until you are working according to them not according to company’s policies and protocols. Favouritism all the time
An excellent company to work for. It provides so many Opportunities to its employees to grow within G4S. Management is very good as always recognize and appreciate the work of deserving employees.
O would give no stars if I could . Get hired and you will see for yourself. They are not about employees being happy or efficient or safe . Not work the minimal pay to risk ur life
Pros
Cons
The danger .The job, the pay, the management, the equipment and vehicles. The lifers than are unionized
It is your typical contract security company-low pay -some amazing team members -lots of overtime available-get everything from corporate in writing as they will tell you one thing and do another.-You will be promised (free/paid) training but often it will be not provided.- your uniforms will fall apart after a few wears and washes knowing how to sew will be an asset.
Good level flow standards management is doing good at balancing everything with I recommend others to join Need sponsorship to Canada proud of you
Good
Cons
Normal
Lot of favoritism between friends. Not a good place to work. Don't apply there if you are looking for a career. Look somewhere else for a job, and guidance.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Stay away from this company. They treat you like animal. Always break their promises. Not paying properly. Accounting department always make mistakes in your payroll
I attained a lot of security experience as worked under this company. I got offered to work at different sites and management is so nice. They provided me specific training for each site and on time proper documentation. I love to work for this company.
Pros
Good Management, Well paid, Work- Life balance.
Compagnie de.....envers leur employé aucun respect sauf leur petite personne vous serez qu' un numéro a leur yeux premier a checker ce que vous ne faites pas bien il ne disent rien 6 mois une sanction n allez pas travailler pour cette compagnie surtout a Montréal c est importe quoi vous allez le regretter
Pros
Rien ils vont abuser de vous après ils voudront vous jeter comme un sac de vidange
Cons
Tout sur toute la ligne!
Excellent enterprise,pour quelqu’un que vais faire un défi dans el cadre de sécurité,très recommandé.
Pros
Travail permanent
If you have the time they have the hours to work. Best to do your time with the company and try to get a full time position or you will not be at a regular sight all the time.
Pros
Decent Medical Benefits
Cons
Alote of long hrs.
Not a good place to work at, the schedulers are rude they think that they are better than the security guards.........................................
Been at G4S for a year and I have nothing bad to say. Management is great! It's always good to work for a big company. Pay is 15.50 but depends on the site your working.
Pros
Split shift gives me time to do virtual learning with the kids and I have weekends off
Cons
Early morning start monday to friday
Working there is waste of time. Not many hours. Scheduler have their favourite. They just pay you minimum. No job security. Senior staff have attitude problem, they think they own the site.
Pros
Non
Cons
Less hours
i have learned lots of things during my shifts . and i always recommend my freibds and relatives to apply in g4s . This company is very fair in everything.
Favoritisme accordé à certains employés concernant le répartiteur en fonction durant ma période d’embauche.Il avantageais et protégeais les employés de sa race noire.Grande lacune sur la description des tâches que j’avais à effectuées sur un poste de la part de mon superviseur.J’ai remarqué beaucoup de préjugés négatifs en fonction de mon nom de famille Jacob.
Pros
Tâches intéressantes à accomplir sur les postes offerts.
Cons
Problêmes de communication et d’instruction concernant les tâches à accomplir sur le poste.
The Windsor branch is one of the most toxic places I have ever worked. Management ignores complaints. Often will threaten you. Pay is garbage. Benefits are poor and the company does not offer pension plans. Office management is wildly unprofessional and non responsive. Staff are not supported and get constant promises of new safety equipment that never comes. Worst job I’ve ever had, hands down! Unfortunately due to covid, not much else out there. The second I get offered a job that pays 10 cents an hour or more, I’ll quit without giving notice
Pros
Coworkers are generally a good bunch
Cons
Office management is horrendous. Benefits suck, no pension, pay is bare minimum
  1. Employee reviews