G4S Employee Reviews

Workplace is professional on Executive Floor
TD Bank Executive Security Officer/Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 April 2018
My duties on the Executive floor to provide access control, conducting contractor escorts. Answering incoming calls and transferring to the individual. Conducting Events Off site .
Team Work Environment
Pros
breakfast
Cons
not enough activity
Run clear of this place
Senior Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 April 2018
After 5 years as a full time employee they lost a bunch of contracts and thought they could take me from $18/hr 44+ hours a week to $14/hr 5 hours per week, with no regard for how they hired me. This was based on multiple changes in the office each more inept than the previous district manager. In addition, I not once got paid correctly for the hours I worked. When I finally left they owed me copious amounts of overtime that to this day has not been resolved.
Good job, if you get a posting that you enjoy.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON3 April 2018
I worked multiple locations with this company since they have many contracts, some of them i liked and some of them I hated. This job can be great if you are able to maintain a good site posting. However, if you are sent to a job site that you do not enjoy it can be stressful.
Very shady company
Commercial Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 April 2018
as security company's go, this one is no different, good as a part time or a temporary work place or a place to gain experience but not as a place to develop a career or to relay on to be a serious workplace.
Pros
pay rate
Cons
work culture
The workplace culture with G4S is high morale, motivation and enthusiam
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON and Cornwall ON26 March 2018
G4S is a great company to work for, I worked at both sites, St. Lawrence College Kingston site, and St. Lawrence College Cornwall Campus. The managers are very professionals and promote a healthy work environment, as such it has been a pleasure working for this company, Approximately one year ago, G4S no longer held the contract with St. Lawrence College and it was transitioned over to another company. I will not comment on the other company as they are new to the college and are just starting to get a handle on their new contract, so presently there is allot of stress and chaos in the new company and their expectations.

You have to enjoy working with the many needs of the public carrying out your duties with a high level of customer service.
No advanced training/No advancement period
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON25 March 2018
No worse or better than the other northern Ontario security companies. Management is terrible and lazy and head office cares little or not at all about this region. its impossible to get any extra certifications or training and the fact there's a union is worse as you pay them monthly for nothing. The only way you'll make a little more money is if you get on at a mine site and even then the Janitor will make 2 - 5$ an hour more than you and his only responsibility is making sure there's toilet paper and yours is the safety of the employees on surface and underground, the security of all valuables on the property, control of access to the property, switchboard, inspections of people and vehicles, housekeeping among many other things and if something gets missed or a mistake made guess who's getting chopped. do yourself a favor and be the janitor, no responsibility, no headaches, no union taking your money for nothing just go to work, clean and go home with a bigger paycheck and more thanks then you'll ever get as a guard.
Pros
none other than its a paycheck
excellent work place
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 March 2018
Happy to be a part of G4S at least for few months.
Management team they are really good
flexible schedules
CNE working experience was awesome
Training sessions are really helpful to deal with different situation
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 March 2018
Get to work and sign in. I learned to deal with different people (workers, contractors and trespassers). The management was wonderful. Everyone was super nice.
Always work to do
Supervisor Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON14 March 2018
Very good Training if you're getting into security work will teach you all the ins and outs proper procedure for report writing patrolling and working with a team
My Time with G4S
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON11 March 2018
I started working for G4S in 2001.
G4S has many sites for which they are responsible for creating and maintaining a positive, safe and inclusive environment.
I provided my services for 13 years before deciding to leave the company to support my family.

My experience with the company G4S is limited as I had an in house administrator that dealt directly with the company. My role consisted of liaising with the site management team and the Director of Safety and security of the College and University.
I enjoyed working within the diverse community that is DC/UOIT.
Great working environment, supportive team and management.
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 March 2018
Continuously evolving with business needs, great working environment, supportive teams and management. Hardest part of the job might be for the people who do not like challenges and the change. Otherwise you are constantly growing not just professionally but personally as well.
Average At Best
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 March 2018
Plenty of hours but little or no advancement in position or pay. Job Culture = everyone talking about how bad the company is.

No employee incentive to be "part of a team" and no back up if there are complaints...you are assumed wrong.

No real representation from the so-called "union".

Most likely told what you want to hear just to get you out of the office or off the phone with no intention or follow up.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Read Above
productive and fun work place
Concierge Security (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 February 2018
it is interesting working at G4S. Good communication between workers. Although, there is a trace of racial preference in some sites and this cannot be eradicated fully. They should care more about workers opinions and concerns. It is a pleasant company to be with and I am proud to be a part of it.
Pros
Good clients
Good place
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB25 February 2018
Head office was hard to work for, they know how far away you live and still expect you to be there in less then a hour. The people how ever were great and i very much loved the work i did.
Security at a Condo, Worked a Valet Parking
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON21 February 2018
I was working in a condo as Valet Parking, Very Friendly atmosphear. The resident were good and the work was not heavy. The work was not heavy and the work culture was good
Go waste your time at another security company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON21 February 2018
Management and scheduling intimidate/abuse regular guards into working too many or too little hours. Understaffed on guards yet the turn around is incredibly high. Low wages, pay is based on what site you're at. Clients abuse their power, constantly change guard duties without management intervening. Supervisors are alright, but they have their own agenda and guards are not at the top of their property list. No wage increases, it's solely based on what site you are at.
Pros
It's a paycheque
Cons
Long/no hours. Being on call. Little support from management.
Great Workplace- If you can obtain a position/site that fits you.
Healthcare Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON18 February 2018
Great experience with opportunity to advance with training and proven reliability. Flexibility for hours to accommodate all schedules. Great entry-level position to begin a career in enforcement/ emergency management.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Wide Range of Workplace Locations
Cons
Lack of Outfitting, In-Demand at All Times
A massive company with many problems
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON16 February 2018
Despite out performing my peers any advancement chances where missed as the left hand is not aware of the right hands actions. After numerous sucseses I was placed in a client site and forgotten about.
Good experiences
ID Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB10 February 2018
Good pay, good experiences, very supportive. I didn't have any problems working there from the company. Long hours, but that came with the job descriptions.
Pros
Free, food, lodging and great pay
Cons
You do not go no anywhere
Guard (Former Employee) –  edmonton, walmart31 January 2018
May be big company and this is why some mistakes go unchecked. This company is greedy, no management skills to run it. They can change your wage any time they want. Management Never checks with employees about their sudden rash of judgements. Other people mistakes may land on your page and you may be dismissed without knowing why. This company like wagon that runs on three wheels that runs only on a flat road. If the guard spends hundred years working for G4S he will never be noticed or rewarded or actually getting pay raises (may get pay cut). bad work culture. Over all, not good company to work for.
Pros
you are invesible, do what you want
Cons
same pay for 15 years

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G4S. Our community is ready to answer.

52.1K