G.B. Catering

Canada35 reviews

Clear
3.2Job security & advancement

Learning exo

I met a lot of good people at g.b and had the opportunity to grow outside my comfort zone. This helped allow me to be open to learning new things and enchanting my experience there.

Pros

Gaining new connections with people, trying new food, getting to stay in a new city, taking part in new activities, learning new skills and utilizing old ones

Cons

Long hours, no holiday bonus, no pay for working overtime, hot kitchen with no A/C, lack of structured schedule

It has its perks

Good place to work. If you are looking for advancement I would look somewhere else. Once you meet the chef requirements, there is no other job beyond that. You could be stuck in the same position for the next 8 or more years until you decide to leave because you want to be more challenged.

Pros

the people you meet

Cons

no possiblity of advancemnt

Insights into G.B. Catering

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Supportive environment
Areas for improvement
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Fair pay for job

Great first Job

Working for G.B. Catering was a new experience. You work under intense circumstances and sometimes isolated from your home. However, the staff and other workers are amazing and you learn so many skills in the kitchen in 3 months that will aid you in your future cooking.

Pros

Board, food, and utilities are provided, advancement opportunities

Cons

challenging work space, jumping around to different camps, male dominated field

good job for a teen.

i enjoyed working there but it is LONG hours and the pay isn't very great. There is not job security and no forgivness for anything, your sick? too bad your working that 12 hour kitchen shift.

environnement agréable

Très belle expérience à vivre, belle ambiance de travaille.

Pros

divertissant, enrichissant, belle équipe

Cons

travail 6 jour sur 7

great summer jobs for students

this was a great job but because im an adult and not a student it cost more to keep me so they laid me off and did not require my services anymore

fun and exciting place to work

the owner makes you challenge yourself and is a great personto be around. She taught me a lot about the preparation of food.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G.B. Catering. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement