G.B. Catering

G.B. Catering Employee Reviews for Kitchen Helper

Kitchen Helper14 reviews
Canada14 reviews

Great place

The work environment was amazing. You live out doors and get to experience nature. But you work around 9-12 hours a day and only get 365 for the week as a dishwasher. Very easy to lose your job and not very secure. But overall it's a great place to work even if only for the environment.

Fun place to be

Depending on your location for the summer job, its a great place to work as i believe your experience working here depends on the people you work with.

Pros

free food and fun place

Cons

sometimes long hours.

Insights into G.B. Catering

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Supportive environment
Areas for improvement
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Fair pay for job

Fun Work Enviroment

Getting along with everyone was easy, the fun began when i got assigned tasks in the kitchen and to do some inventory work in the walk-in fridge. It is an absolute pleasure to work at GB.

Pretty good

The workers and everyone there were really nice, the job was fairly easy, I feel like we should’ve gotten paid more but it’s OK for a starting off job

My camp and work life.

Red Pine camp if full of events for campers and employees. My job was to help in the kitchen. I made salads four different kinds of salads for 400-500 people everyday. I also help the chef, sous chef, baker, and other kitchen helpers. I helped with service every time I had a chance. I then clean every time i go in and out of a station. Before my shift ended, I made sure that the person after my shift was ready for anything, prepping was done my shift ended. Then after that I enjoyed mt days in thr camp.

Learning exo

I met a lot of good people at g.b and had the opportunity to grow outside my comfort zone. This helped allow me to be open to learning new things and enchanting my experience there.

Pros

Gaining new connections with people, trying new food, getting to stay in a new city, taking part in new activities, learning new skills and utilizing old ones

Cons

Long hours, no holiday bonus, no pay for working overtime, hot kitchen with no A/C, lack of structured schedule

Long hours, low pay

The condition in the contract are likely not what you will be getting. Ik it seems like you’ll be able to tough out the long hours and (extremely) low pay but be weary, some days would run up to 13 hours straight with maybe a small 10 minute break in the morning. The activities you’re able to do will depend on the camp, but chances are you won’t have time to do them anyways. The food isn’t even good, and (my kitchen at least) was unsanitary at best.

No Bad

Good first job to get your foot in the door but that's it. Liked the facted that we had a place to stay and free food. Long hours for less than minimum wage. Good learning experience.

Fine Summer Job

The chef I worked with was great, made the job better as it included long days and hard work. The atmosphere was great, and the pay wasn't terrible. Overall a good summer job.

Pros

Free Food

Cons

Long Hours

Decent

Long hours that could be worth it if you got the right pay. Living and food was accommodated but not worth it. overall an alright place but wont go back

fun environment

Depends on where you are placed. Great to meet new people. Busy environment, demanding. Lots of food prep needed, for large groups of people would recommend

Pros

free accommodation on lake

Cons

not steady hours - depends on camp

good job for a teen.

i enjoyed working there but it is LONG hours and the pay isn't very great. There is not job security and no forgivness for anything, your sick? too bad your working that 12 hour kitchen shift.

summer camp kitchen help

Long days, but lots of fun being with other students. Learned lots about running a kitchen. Best Part: getting great feedback from campers

Pros

free food and lodging

Cons

away from home and friends

fun working environment

Working for GB Catering meant spending my summer living far away from home at a camp. I loved this opportunity as I got to meet many new people who are now close friends. I didn't find it hard working for them as everything was pretty basic and we followed a very organized routine. working wit people who are friends also makes it much easier.

Pros

living away from home, meeting new people, new experiences

Cons

long days, sometimes stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G.B. Catering. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement