G.B. Catering

G.B. Catering Employee Reviews in Huntsville, ON

Huntsville, ON16 reviews

kitchenfoodlonghourexperiencepaypeoplegreat

Camp life

Long days but, if you like the lifestyle it can be highly rewarding. You will travel to some of the most scenic places in Ontario, cooking and feeding kids at overnight camps. Some locations include Camps Ouchimagaious, Hockey Opportunities, Canadian Adventure Camp and many others.

Pros

Living costs inc.

Cons

Must be willing to travel. Contract based

Great place to work. People are nice and friendly and helpful. Seasonal job but full time hours while employed. Great experience. Would definitely go back if had the opportunity

Insights into G.B. Catering

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Supportive environment
Areas for improvement
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Fair pay for job

Good place to spend summer.

The money is good if you consider you are not paying for meals for your housing while on the sites. The cooking is easy kids camp favorites. There's lots of time for swimming. Participating in camp activities varies by camp directors at given camps.

Pretty good

The workers and everyone there were really nice, the job was fairly easy, I feel like we should’ve gotten paid more but it’s OK for a starting off job

A lot of hard work and not enough pay

The Job is not worth it, not even for students. At the end of the summer a lot of people leave and they get anyone and it makes it an none safe environment to work. But that depends a lot on what kitchen your work in and the chef in charge if you are going to take this job ask who is the chef and how does he/she works.

Pros

Free food and Stay depending on the camp and how many activitys you are allowed to do, sometimes you get to do camp stuff but it´s not the same at all

Cons

None pay long hours, depending on the camp theres not a lot to do.

Fine Summer Job

The chef I worked with was great, made the job better as it included long days and hard work. The atmosphere was great, and the pay wasn't terrible. Overall a good summer job.

Pros

Free Food

Cons

Long Hours

It has its perks

Good place to work. If you are looking for advancement I would look somewhere else. Once you meet the chef requirements, there is no other job beyond that. You could be stuck in the same position for the next 8 or more years until you decide to leave because you want to be more challenged.

Pros

the people you meet

Cons

no possiblity of advancemnt

Great Job For Entering the Catering/Cooking Industry

This summer I worked for GB Catering for the first time, and I learned so many techniques and tricks when it came to cooking (coming from someone who has never cooked). They have the tools and people to teach new employees about cooking and serving. If you are looking for a steady job, with great pay, an intro into the food industry, and enjoy the summer camp aspect, this is the job for you!

Pros

Free Food, The job forces you to save money since you are away from malls, restaurants, etc, great for beginner cooks and expert cooks

Cons

long hours, you can get unlucky with working at a not so great camp

travaille dans une atmosphère agréable

Cela e été très plaisant de travailler avec cette compagnie. ils prennent sois de toi et t'aide à t'améliorer.

Pros

repas gratuit

Cons

longues heures

High intensity with a good environment

Lots of work but enjoyable. Learned a lot about the workings of a kitchen. Hardest part was the long hours. Overall my experience was good. A good job for someone interested in gaining experience in a kitchen and who enjoy being around friends.

Pros

The food

Poorly Managed

Work was manageable, and I learned valuable lessons about how to manage employees, and I made some good friends over the summer. I had some issues with a coworker though, and tried to bring it up with her and with our boss, but nothing was changed. I brought it up with the company and they did nothing to change it. Two other coworkers noticed as well and talked to GB about it, but still nothing was done.

if you like kids for here

really cool place to work, go to travel and see a few different summer camps, each camp was different with its own challenges would work here again for a summer

good job for a teen.

i enjoyed working there but it is LONG hours and the pay isn't very great. There is not job security and no forgivness for anything, your sick? too bad your working that 12 hour kitchen shift.

environnement agréable

Très belle expérience à vivre, belle ambiance de travaille.

Pros

divertissant, enrichissant, belle équipe

Cons

travail 6 jour sur 7

great summer jobs for students

this was a great job but because im an adult and not a student it cost more to keep me so they laid me off and did not require my services anymore

fun working environment

Working for GB Catering meant spending my summer living far away from home at a camp. I loved this opportunity as I got to meet many new people who are now close friends. I didn't find it hard working for them as everything was pretty basic and we followed a very organized routine. working wit people who are friends also makes it much easier.

Pros

living away from home, meeting new people, new experiences

Cons

long days, sometimes stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G.B. Catering. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement