G.B. Catering
View all G.B. Catering reviews

G.B. Catering

G.B. Catering Employee Review

funhheheh hehhhhe hqejwefhfhefeh ch hsec he hec h ehc he che che c

Tough workplace, lots of hard work.... however if you put in the effort to get past the first few weeks.. You can have a great time. Plenty of time to take advantage of the facilities.

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

Very poor place to work for

Was a chef for half a season, worked 24/7 so it worked out to about $2.00 an hr would never recommend anyone to work for this company, the kids the hireto work with the chefs have never spent a day in a kitchen so you have to work your a off and train and babysit at the same time

Pros

Free food

Same role

Kitchen staff were mistreated by campers and counsellors.

Through G.B. Catering, I worked at Camp Oochigeas. The place was beautiful but for such long hours the pay was not much. The kitchen staff was basically outcasted and told not to socialize with campers. Some of the other kitchen staff were very inexperienced. A lot of fights broke out between my co-workers. We went through 4 sous chefs and lost 3 dishwashers because of the workload and demands of the camp. I had a great summer because the kitchen staff was like a family but I would not do it again.

Pros

Free room and board.

Cons

Long hours. Huge workload. Many special food requests.

Camp life

Long days but, if you like the lifestyle it can be highly rewarding. You will travel to some of the most scenic places in Ontario, cooking and feeding kids at overnight camps. Some locations include Camps Ouchimagaious, Hockey Opportunities, Canadian Adventure Camp and many others.

Pros

Living costs inc.

Cons

Must be willing to travel. Contract based

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G.B. Catering. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement
  • G.B. Catering
  • funhheheh hehhhhe hqejwefhfhefeh ch hsec he hec h ehc he che che c