FYidoctors

FYidoctors Employee Reviews

I love the work here, but the management and pay is awful. Employees have been used and abused by the company. People do not get paid fairly and according to how long they have worked with the company, or how experienced they are.
The company itself has good benefits. It's fast paced days, so they tend to go by quickly. Lots of people to get to know. However, I found that my mental health wasn't important there. It was work over mental health.
Pros
Group activities, fast paced, lots of people, good benefits, salary
Cons
Not enough support.
A wonderful company to work for. They say they are there to support you and they actually are. Throughout covid they have especially come through in helping employees and supporting one another.The Indeed Wage statistics seem pretty far off (especially for British Columbia clinics). I always try to keep in mind that a disgruntled employee is far more likely to leave a bad review than a happy one so in reading many of the other reviews I have taken them with a grain of salt.Overall I enjoy working for this company and love the culture and environment
Pros
Free glasses bonuses employee reward programs fair wages
Constantly treated as if I was a child especially the way I was talked to, my knowledge was questioned all the time simply for asking a question, I was talked down to and repeated the same things over and over again
my manager and dr are the only positive thing I can say about this company. Don't waste your time as you get paid little, hire up Management doesn't care.
Cons
The hire ups dont give a hoot about anyone, Just about making money
Challenging and fun place to work. Fiscally responsible, well ran and employee focused company. Is quite large but feels like you work for a private organization.
I have worked at a location in the Edmonton area for 5+ years and the work life and overall has declined in the years. At first the management was great but eventually my manager played favourites and made it very obvious who was her favourites in the clinic. The lead OD only cares about her money, while one of the other optometrists seemed to do extra tests on people who really didn't need it just to get paid. For what you have to do for reception, the pay is horrible. Like I said, I worked there for 5+ years and only got $1 raise the whole time. I had to ask for a raise but they said they weren't sure if they could give me one. I am happy I have left the toxic environment.
Training was good and cross training was provided if you wanted to learn other areas of the job. Management was relaxed in a good way meaning they supported the staff when needed however did not micromanage.
Very high expectations for very small compensation. Every other optical in area has higher starting wage. Company does not seem to care about its people, even though they boast a coaching culture, they just care about the bottom line. The leadership within the clinic doesn't necessarily exhibit the "coaching culture" and the higher ups know this and still do nothing.
Pros
Free glasses
Cons
Poor and unfair wages, poor culture, understaffed
Work is fast and with a quota. Everybody must keep pace with the target. Salary increase not much. Quality of work not so important. No job security. Many suggestions no answer. Promotion for close friends. Not much room for advancement.
Pros
Good benefits, annual activities, Christmas, bitrhdays, summer Bbq.
Cons
Low salary, more work, pressure to reach daily quota
Awful company, awful pay. Coworkers are always great but how the company is structured there is so much error and mistakes made everyday it’s not worth working here. Completely unprofessional and doesn’t care about employees at all. Became Very corporate and unpleasant to work with
Pros
Nice employees. High standards of care for patients
Cons
Horrible pay, all orders have mistakes and people get upset all the time. Management is demanding
18 June 2020
Thank you for your feedback, yes we care. We care about providing for our employees. While we remain competitive with our base pay and hourly rates, we have heard from employees nationally that a total rewards/compensation is just as important. At FYidoctors we provide a quarterly bonus incentive program based on practice and team performance meant to recognize and reward achievements. We also provide a merit increase process designed to reward and recognize our valuable team members based on performance. Beyond base pay and incentives, we also provide a benefit program that offers custom coverage through one of Canada’s top group insurance providers. The plan is flexible to meet the needs of our staff members. Our Staff Optical plan is among the best in the industry and has recently expanded in regard to its offerings.We care about a highly engaged workforce, it’s important to our success, which is why we perform employee surveys intended to gauge all of our employees’ engagement level. Our coaching culture shows that engaged employees’ believe that when their needs are met and that they have a chance to contribute to their work place, they experience a sense of belonging and enjoy opportunities to learn and grow. The ultimate goal is to strive to have all 2000+ of our employees to always be engaged. We care about your feedback and are disappointed that your time with FYi has been framed as a negative experience. Enhancing the lives of our patients and staff/doctors is the foundation of how we conduct ourselves across our company. We hope that you pursued the proper - more...
I spent 3 years at FYi Doctors and It was a great experience. I was the optician in duty and I was in charge of selling, providing professional care, and running the lab.
They only want you to sell more eyewear. With the guise of upmost patient care. Straight up lies. Often left feeling less than a person and ended up having a mental breakdown from overworking and not being heard
Extremely lacking managerial skills throughout the whole office. Staff are not paid appropriately for their titles or treated fairly. There is no structure and the training is inadequate. Over all it was very unorganized and I would never recommend working for this establishment. Unfortunately even though there are a couple great doctors there I would not return to this clinic as a patient either.
4 May 2020
We loved hearing that you think our Doctors are great, yet are disappointed to hear that your time with FYi has been framed in such a way. At FYidoctors, we believe feedback is valuable as we strive to provide an exceptional experience to both our patients and employees. Our goal is for all of our employees to feel great about where they work; a highly engaged workforce is important to our success. At FYidoctors we know that our greatest assets are our employees. Part of the fabric of FYidoctors includes a deeply-rooted coaching culture to support everyone through their career with us. We courageously engage in candid, respectful coaching conversations with one another about how leaders and team members can improve their working relationships. Our hope is that through the education of our coaching culture all have learned to value and effectively use feedback as a powerful learning tool to produce higher levels of personal accountability, professional development, and high-trust working relationships. Our industry-leading learning management platform with over 100 courses ranging in coaching, technical skills, and HR, accompanied by weekly webinars is designed to support personal growth and professional development. Our national connecting with coaches calls offer in-depth discussions on best practices. We have programs in place for educational reimbursement to support team members financially and promote continued education. While we remain competitive with our base pay and hourly rates, we have heard from employees nationally that total rewards/compensation is just - more...
Fyidoctors is a excellent place to work Fare rate of pay Fast passed environment Team players Working with doctors Booking appointments Customer service
it was great experience .all the staff was very helpful.helped me in learning and adopting their ways of doing work. Supervisor was very polite and friendly too
Pay is not the best around, benefits are okay but nothing special. The office and coworkers are great and the reason why I've stayed for so long. Front desk obviously get pretty meh pay as there is high turnover.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Pay, benefits
Great place to work at And great staff to work. Supervisor is just awesome, fast pace work enviroment but really helpful and collaborative staff to work with.
The Delta facility is a joke. Staff are over worked and underpaid. Staff are given a blanket raise of %1.5 while inflation is %3 Hard work is not recognized and management is a joke. Especially IT
6 May 2020
Plastic in our waters? Lead into the drains? These are serious accusations that we 100% disagree with. When the lab was relocated in the summer of 2015, FYi ensured that it was a state of the art facility. Running the latest equipment and clean room, the Delta FYi lab manufactures the most technically advanced lenses in the industry. Our production facility uses Bazell Centrifuge technology to filter and strain plastics and contaminants through a multi-stage process to ensure they are all separated from the wastewater before the water is discharged. Additionally, the water is recycled and this ensures both minimal discharge and that the wastewater is clean before being discharged. All chemicals and contaminants used in the manufacturing process are contained, pumped into storage containers and collected and treated by a licensed environmental treatment company.We are disappointed that your time with FYi has been framed as a negative experience in the other areas you mentioned.
If the manager doesn't get along with you, start looking for new work Understaffed and bad training If you don't fit in, you won't last very long either. Your loved or replaced
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Picky coworkers- all above you. Understaffed, stressful, bad training, long evenings
Great place to work and great people to work with. The management care about the employees and do fun things. Very busy workplace with lots to learn each day.
  1. Employee reviews