FYidoctors Employee Reviews

Great people
Optometric Assistant (Former Employee) –  British Columbia28 June 2018
Great place to work, but minimum wage pay for an Optometric technician. Everyone's nice including all the ODs. Great benefits for prescription glasses.
Awesome place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK8 June 2018
Great co-workers, the doctors are wonderful. workplace environment was top notch. If it weren't for me needing higher pay due to a growing family I would have stayed working there 100%
Fun job lots of activities lots of Parking Spot
Warehouse Receiver (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC21 May 2018
there's a lot of activities that can get into like if there's an event such bowling, games, and the some outdoor sports, BBQ etc. this only happen when there's a special occasion. easy to follow the procedure. light job.
Great place to work, fantastic staff
Optometrist (Current Employee) –  British Columbia25 March 2018
Impressive success story.
Top notch company, totally oriented to patient care and service.
I highly promote this company to all new & current OD's as the new direction for optometry in the future.
This company is defining eye care and wear as well as providing a cooperative work environment.
Pros
Being involved with a forward thinking company definning the future of eye care
Excellent place to work
Pre-test/ Contact Lens Technician (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK17 March 2018
I absolutely loved working with my coworkers and the doctors were fantastic. Everyone is very friendly and would definitely recommend it as a place to work for sure!
Toxic environment
Office (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 February 2018
I used to love working here. It was a great place to work until they hired new executive management. They make poor decisions that affect the employees. The executive team is completely out of touch with their employees and don’t realize how poor the culture is now and how unhappy the employees are. There is a lot of pressure and very little benefit. There is also no transparency. Many people get let go for no reason. It was a very unhealthy environment.
Pros
The CEO and rest of the team are great
Cons
Long hours with no reward, toxic and negative environment
Forward thinking
Manager (Current Employee) –  British Columbia30 January 2018
Excellent team atmosphere with a positive work culture.
Extremely fast paced with continual learning and growing. With the fast pace comes continual multi-tasking but also a tremendous sense of accomplishment at day end.
Meeting and interacting with people all day makes it very interesting and making a positive difference in peoples lives every day makes it very rewarding.
Great company that cares about it's people and it's patients
eye doctor (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS24 January 2018
I have worked in the eye care business for 25 years and it can be a difficult and demanding profession. A great many things can go wrong with the human eye so there can be a lot of urgent work. It's very satisfying to know that your work has saved someone's sight. This company also does a tremendous amount of work with glasses. They source great frames from all over the world and have their own lens laboratory that is larger than most high schools. Everything is made custom for each patient. There are no on-line overseas knock offs. Products work better and feel better to wear and every time you turn around there is something new on sale in the eyewear department so there are always bargains to be had!
Pros
Great team
Cons
Hard to be flexible on work from home, patients need you present
Enjoyed the people I worked with
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 January 2018
Manager is horrible to work for, she yells at her employees in front of customers, and if you make a mistake, she always threatens to fire you. And if you ask for time off. She tells you no all the time. The turnover is horrible there. She yells at customers as well.
Pros
Cons
Manager is horrible
Best Place to Work BY FAR
Practice Coach/Manager/Optician (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON15 January 2018
Hands down this is the best place I've ever worked. FYi makes every effort to ensure that it's team members feel like just that. A member of a team, in a flat culture. Every team member matters, and is a name not a number. I'll retire from here.
Great employer
Practice Coach (Current Employee) –  Vancouver Island, BC12 January 2018
I've been with FYIdoctors for 10 years. Great company to work for! all levels of management are approachable and willing to listen, as well as offer great feedback.
working for a company that makes you feel passionate about your job
Optician (Current Employee) –  French Creek, BC4 January 2018
The best part about this career is that every single day is different, there is always a new patient experience or new skill to learn.

I have learned how to give the best possible patient care while working with FYidoctors. It is great to work for a company that cares about the best patient experience and care instead of just getting the most sales.

The hardest part of my job would be learning to multitask at every moment of everyday. We are in a constantly growing community and each busy day brings us a new challenge. From helping multiple patients at once, pre-testing to doing adjustments and trying to get paper work done, we have an amazing team that is always willing to help each other. The most enjoyable part of my job is having educated and reliable teammates to make everyday at Fyidoctors the best it can be!
Pros
Good teammates, staff appreciation activities and lunches, flexible hours
Cons
difficult customers
Industry leader in patient care
Management (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 January 2018
I have been with FYidoctors now for over 4 years and have seen unbelievable growth and improvements to the culture, operations and quality of patient care. Very passionate group of people and an executive team that is humble and open to ideas and suggestions. Poised for continued growth in the upcoming years. Join this great organization now if you can!
Pros
Quality equipment, amazing patient care, great work life balance
Cons
Always changing and growing so you have to be open to change
Feels like family!
Practice Coach (Current Employee) –  Campbell River, BC3 January 2018
I have been with this company for 8 years strong and will be here for as many more as I can.
I found that if you have the right character then advancement within the company is encouraged. They have a coaching philosophy and everyone at Home Office, including the CEO is approachable and will listen to you.
Fantastic place to work
Practice Coach (Current Employee) –  Courtenay, BC3 January 2018
I've been with FYidoctors since April 2013, I didn't know what I was missing in a working environment till I started. This company has strong family values and supports their staff immensely. No matter the position you work in, your voice is heard. I would say the hardest part of the job is making sure all patients leave happy, but you are given ample tools to make this happen, some people you just can't please no matter what you do. The most enjoyable part of this job are the people that I work with. I often wake up in the morning and don't want to get out of bed, but it's not the job, it's the comfy bed... Coming to work is actually pretty great. I would highly recommend working at FYidoctors.
Fantastic company to grow with
Practice Coach (Current Employee) –  Oshawa3 January 2018
I came across the job posting for my current position by chance. I wasn't from the optical industry at all yet something about the ad resonated with me deeply.

Everything about the heart of FYidoctors is authentic and has definitely changed my world through not only better sight (the optical benefits are awesome!) and understanding of vision, but also because the organization itself believes in growth and change.

Choosing to work with FYidoctors means that you want to continue to grow both professionally and personally. You are only limited by your desire. There is an internal training system which is constantly expanding providing knowledge for those who seek it.

Support from your management team is invaluable and continuous within this organization. It will be wonderful to see where this momentum takes them in the next 10 years.
Pros
Personal and professional growth is encouraged
Cons
New technology to replace outdated equipment can take a little longer than ideal
Great place to work!
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Brooks, AB3 January 2018
FYidoctors is a great company that believes in taking care of people- both staff at all levels and patients. With a culture that encourages personal and professional growth, productive dialogue, and a fun working atmosphere, I absolutely love going to work each day.
Pros
great corporate culture, optical benefits program, training programs and support
Love My FYidoctors Family
Manager (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick3 January 2018
I've been with this company for many years and have always been treated with respect and fairness. It's a fun place to work, we are truly like a family here.
Pros
Great culture, career advancement opportunities
Great place to work, always working on making the culture better
Mid management (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC3 January 2018
Worked at FYI doctors for a year, enjoying my time, looking forward to keep moving with this great company. Company likes to have fun, learned that culture is such a large part of being successful, glasses need to be correctly made and on time.
Pros
Culture is getting better all the time.
Great culture
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON3 January 2018
Company is focused on creating a service culture, both from head office towards staff, and staff towards patients.

Lots of companies 'say' it. this company tries to 'live' it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FYidoctors. Our community is ready to answer.