FYidoctors

FYidoctors Employee Reviews

Canada96 reviews
Fun place to work!
I spent 3 years at FYi Doctors and It was a great experience. I was the optician in duty and I was in charge of selling, providing professional care, and running the lab.
Life sucking more more more
They only want you to sell more eyewear. With the guise of upmost patient care. Straight up lies. Often left feeling less than a person and ended up having a mental breakdown from overworking and not being heard
Horrible place to work
Extremely lacking managerial skills throughout the whole office. Staff are not paid appropriately for their titles or treated fairly. There is no structure and the training is inadequate. Over all it was very unorganized and I would never recommend working for this establishment. Unfortunately even though there are a couple great doctors there I would not return to this clinic as a patient either.
4 May 2020
We loved hearing that you think our Doctors are great, yet are disappointed to hear that your time with FYi has been framed in such a way. At FYidoctors, we believe feedback is valuable as we strive to provide an exceptional experience to both our patients and employees. Our goal is for all of our employees to feel great about where they work; a highly engaged workforce is important to our success. At FYidoctors we know that our greatest assets are our employees.

Part of the fabric of FYidoctors includes a deeply-rooted coaching culture to support everyone through their career with us. We courageously engage in candid, respectful coaching conversations with one another about how leaders and team members can improve their working relationships. Our hope is that through the education of our coaching culture all have learned to value and effectively use feedback as a powerful learning tool to produce higher levels of personal accountability, professional development, and high-trust working relationships.

Our industry-leading learning management platform with over 100 courses ranging in coaching, technical skills, and HR, accompanied by weekly webinars is designed to support personal growth and professional development. Our national connecting with coaches calls offer in-depth discussions on best practices. We have programs in place for educational reimbursement to support team members financially and promote continued education.

While we remain competitive with our base pay and hourly rates, we have heard from employees nationally that total rewards/compensation is just
 - more...
Excellent
Fyidoctors is a excellent place to work
Fare rate of pay

Fast passed environment

Team players

Working with doctors

Booking appointments

Customer service
productive and fun working place
it was great experience .all the staff was very helpful.helped me in learning and adopting their ways of doing work. Supervisor was very polite and friendly too
It's Alright
Pay is not the best around, benefits are okay but nothing special. The office and coworkers are great and the reason why I've stayed for so long. Front desk obviously get pretty meh pay as there is high turnover.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Pay, benefits
Good environment to work
Great place to work at And great staff to work. Supervisor is just awesome, fast pace work enviroment but really helpful and collaborative staff to work with.
Dumping plastic and lead into the drains
The Delta facility is a joke. Staff are over worked and underpaid.
Staff are given a blanket raise of %1.5 while inflation is %3

Hard work is not recognized and management is a joke. Especially IT
6 May 2020
Plastic in our waters? Lead into the drains? These are serious accusations that we 100% disagree with. When the lab was relocated in the summer of 2015, FYi ensured that it was a state of the art facility. Running the latest equipment and clean room, the Delta FYi lab manufactures the most technically advanced lenses in the industry. Our production facility uses Bazell Centrifuge technology to filter and strain plastics and contaminants through a multi-stage process to ensure they are all separated from the wastewater before the water is discharged. Additionally, the water is recycled and this ensures both minimal discharge and that the wastewater is clean before being discharged. All chemicals and contaminants used in the manufacturing process are contained, pumped into storage containers and collected and treated by a licensed environmental treatment company.

We are disappointed that your time with FYi has been framed as a negative experience in the other areas you mentioned.
Stay forever or until replaced
If the manager doesn't get along with you, start looking for new work
Understaffed and bad training

If you don't fit in, you won't last very long either. Your loved or replaced
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Picky coworkers- all above you. Understaffed, stressful, bad training, long evenings
Fun Workplace
Great place to work and great people to work with. The management care about the employees and do fun things. Very busy workplace with lots to learn each day.
Fine if you don't need to fully support yourself or anyone else
They are proud to tell everyone how much experience the office has a whole, but are not willing to compensate you for it.
The pay is not a livable wage for the area, and raises are unheard of.

They work with a very small crew, so if you are typically scheduled Saturdays, it will be almost impossible to get a shift covered.
Cheap cheap company it sucks
They like to hire new immigrants because immigrants dont know the laws nor they will ever complain or say anything; the pay is low and they expect you to leave a few months after starting. They are automating everything so workers are not longer needed. But in the meantime while installing, you are constantly asked to work on weekends and overtime!. No RRSPs. Their benefits go from 50% to maybe 80% but not 100% on anything. The plant manager is a joke..she is a non technical woman who enjoys parties parties and lots of parties and engages in criticizing workers personalities. In the plant, there are a lot lesbians and there is a heavy Filipino community of workers/groups that act as female ghettos rather than professionals. Work Safe BC and environmental violations are a norm and acceptable by all under the excuse that the industry is small in Canada and unregulated. You end up sniffing on and handling fumes and poisonous chemicals like methanol, lead waste, etc w/out proper training and/or protection .. the plant ventilation system is a joke and a lot of workers complain of respiratory discomfort but this company is too cheap to install proper ventilation instead they give you a barbecue and tell you with a friendly smile that "we are a family". Production takes priority over workers health and safety: if you say something about it...you are a problem the problem and that you dont fit in therefore is better if you leave the company on your own terms because you are not happy.
6 May 2020
We are sorry your experience was framed in such a negative light. We are in an unfortunate situation of providing our public response or ignoring such negativity. We are choosing to take the higher ground, your comments are degrading to our team and to the values of our company and our country and do not deserve more or our time. Our workplace follows all and complies with all Work Safe and best practice manufacturing and environment guidelines, rules and regulations. We are proud of our diverse team. They are amazing people!
Do not recommend
The only good thing about this company is the benefits and free glasses!

You get paid minimum wage to deal with coworkers that talk badly about you behind your back and a coach who says she cares but looks annoyed every time you tell her she has a phone call or a patient who wants to see her or that you have a question.

You get promised raises and bonuses but never see them follow through. You work long days not always getting your breaks.

I would not ever recommend someone to work here!
It’s my home
I’ve worked for this company since LONG before it was FYIdoctors. There are definitely some things I miss from back then but there are definitely some large advantages . The micromanaging from Regional coaching can be frustrating when they have never worked in an optical so reality versus what they have been coached to do/say doesn’t make any sense. They also forget that things may work differently from one region to the next so things can’t always be exactly the same across the country
Pros
Wage, benefits, coworkers
Cons
The higher ups
great place to work
A great environment to work in, staff and management are very friendly. Learn lots in this super fast paced environment, from checking in patients, to prescreening them, running additional tests and then checking them out on a daily basis.
whistler clinic is a joke
the practice coach there will try and work you on saturdays when you ask for more hours. She is condescending and doesn't listen to anything you have to say in regards to needs. She liked to correct employees in front of patients and is very patronizing to them as well. Do not recommend working here.
Chilliwack and Sardis
Management is poor and misleading. If you want to be micromanaged treated with a lack of appreciation then this is the place for you. All the care bout is sales and numbers
Cons
Poor work environment, favouritism and inappropriate behaviour
Staff have been there a long time. Inappropriate behaviour that would be deemed as harassment was not addressed.
Cross training was good. Products and services were good.
Good Place for Juniors
FYI doctors is good place to start. Job culture, benefits are good but after few months when you master everything you'll find it a stressful work place, they always ask for over time and put staff under pressure.
They need to work more in coaching.
Great group of people who care alot about what they do. Busy office, very demanding but also rewarding. Lots of opportunity to advance, learn new skills and enhance the resume.
Several events during the year. Maybe good for hourly employees,
The company itself is a good. Practically no sick days, only 2. Management is good and helpful. The hardest part is a huge volume of Invoices at month end, about 1600 only for 1 vendor, which suppose to be entered in about several days.