FutureTel Service Centre Employee Reviews

Peaceful workplace
Electronics Technician Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON26 April 2019
clean environment, training provided on different computer software.
Teams are cooperative, there's work always , such that a person won't get bored. Overtime given sometimes
Steer clear of this sweat shop
Samsung In-warranty repair technician (Former Employee) –  570 Alden Rd, Markham, ON L3R 8N510 February 2019
They will work you 9 hours a day at minimum wage ($12.50 back then) and pit you against your coworkers to produce as many repairs. When they run out of work or lose a contract, they will start cutting hours and 'laying off' people. When they lay you off they really fire (dismiss on ROE) you with no warning whatsoever, it's grounds for lawsuit but I haven't been there long enough to look credible for court. They fired me with no cause just under 1 year so they don't have to pay me another week of severance. They got me to start their tablets repairs because no one else knew how to do them, and when they don't need me they disposed of me like trash. I was told by old-timers they have never given a raise or review in over 10 years of it's operation. They used to make you work over 88 hours in 2 weeks to be eligible to get over-time, it's against the law. If you never repaired a phone before it's a place to learn but if you've been here for more than 1 year you are wasting your life and taken advantage of. The workers here are generally nice.
Pros
Yearly Christmas dinner, a place to learn how to do level 2 repairs, nice coworkers
Cons
No benefits, long hours, no raises, no job security everyone expendable
low pay with lots of work
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 April 2018
Get up at 7, get to work by 8, two 15 minute breaks at the morning and afternoon section of the day, 30 minute lunch, finish work at 5:30. You learn how to repair all sorts of different models of phones, but in the end, they are all pretty much the same inside. The best part was the team I was working with. If i didn't have anyone as friendly as they were, I would've left earlier.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Hard work, Long hours, Low pay, Management
not good benefits for their employees.
Technician (Former Employee) –  570 Alden Road Unit #1311 June 2016
worked at this company a few month. I have worked more than 3 years in wireless company. but they don't care whether you have had it or not. 95% of employees can speak either Mandarin or Cantonese. 5% of employees came from Indians, Iran, or who were born in Canada and enable to speak Chinese as mother tough. It is pretty enjoyable but no long term work there. probably as an Engineer... may have good opportunities. co-workers are friendly after they get familiar with you. for beginner, It could be a good opportunities once again not a long term,,,
Pros
no good benefits, don't see any good promotions
Cons
friendly work environments, friendly Co-workers.
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Markham20 November 2014
o Diagnosed errors and symptoms of various cellular phone models by using electronics test tools and equipment
o Operated RF gun and machine to test cellular phones
o Prepared detailed reports and maintained service records for management level
o Demonstrated strong analytical problem solving skills while assembling mobile phones to meet product specifications and tolerances
o Collaborated with Quality Assurance team to fix hardware or software defects in order to meet testing standards.
o Collected and compiled operational data to assist preparation of schedules and reports
o Trained new team members to utilized leadership skills
o Selected to assist other production lines due to exceptional multi-tasking abilities
good
Customer Service Rep / Estimation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 July 2014
a good service center. we received calls everyday and we deal with them with honesty
not good
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON11 April 2013
I learned how to input data in computer system only. When you got mistakes, the manager will be stop to continue your work, don't give any chance to you.
Many of my colleageues are women, no teamwork, no use her heart to do work
Too many rumors in this company for the co-worker
To improve the management policy
Pros
10 minutes rest