Future Shop Employee Reviews

Interesting Job
Appliance Expert (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC1 January 2018
Future Shop was a very interesting place to work. I enjoyed the competitive sales environment. Working there was a lot of fun, and I met a lot of great people.
fun place with gaming systems in lunchroom
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON28 December 2017
Future Shop was a great place to work at, then it became Best Buy and everything changed. It wasn't so fun when it changed. Customers could tell the difference quit a bit.
Pros
fun place
Cons
then it changed the name
Seasonal Employee
Home Theatre Product Expert (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 December 2017
I was a seasonal employee at FutureShop. I worked hard for sporadic shifts. I was treated with respect and given adequate training. Paid my bills during a transition period.
Was a good place to work before the downfall
Multi-Channel Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 December 2017
Was a great way to gain sales and customer facing experience. Had a lot of fun working there and was a great first job. The discounts were amazing and it was a good place for students.
Pros
Great discounts
Cons
Questionable management
Future Shop was unfortunate.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB7 December 2017
This employer did not fulfill their obligations to their employees. They were not compensated fairly nor were they treated fairly. nepotism was very strong here.
Was a good place for work
I.T Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 November 2017
Was able to get to play and knowing the new electronics product as well as a very good place for learning about customer service.Sad that Store like Futureshop is closed permanently.
Sell Sell Sell
Product Expert (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 November 2017
Your there to sell not make friends . If your approached by a customer who wants product in a different department tv etc help them take the sale. Dont be bullied by this isnt your department. It can be very cut throat
Fun place to work for
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 November 2017
This company was amazing to work for, everybody was chill and fun but we got our work done and enjoyed it. Because of the job culture I didn't care much for the Salary.
Pros
Cons
It was bought out by Best Buy
Future Shop or Best Buy
CUSTOMER SERVICE/SALES (FULL-TIME) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 November 2017
Best Buy or Future Shop same thing pretty much. The time that I worked there was an amazing experience as I met a lot of people worked with colleagues like a family and never had a worst day because everyday was just a great and enjoyable day.
Pros
Great discounts
Cons
No Cons.
Customer Service / Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON14 November 2017
 Accountable for daily transactions and sales in Camera department
 Assisted customers with technical expertise on camera and Camcorder
 Provided excellent customer satisfaction in a fast-paced environment
 Responsible for selling the camera to customers.

 Responds to customer concerns, supports and assists of achievement of store and department customer care and sales goals by promoting, emphasizing and demonstrating skills involved in selling Product Service Plan (PSP), Product Replacement Plan (PRP), accessories and complete solution.
Pros
face to face clients
Cons
on feet all day
sales
Cell phone & camera sales (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC9 November 2017
my day at work would be selling cell phones etc on different shifts throughout the week Future Shop had a great course on learning on how to be a better sales person. Everyone should take it if they love sales. I learned a lot and the workplace had a great culture of sales people and management. I love selling and that made me learn more to be a better sales person.
Pros
selling and making commission
Cons
hours were always different every week so it was hard to plan for family
It's closed
Product Expert / Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario8 November 2017
Well they closed all the Future Shops. It was a great place to work and shop unfortunately would have been nice to see them stay open Best Buy is no comparison
Its closed
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC7 November 2017
Future shop has been closed for a number of years as the parent company, Best Buy, has entered the market with its big brand name. Future Shop had commissioned sales staff whereas Best Buy doesn't.
Awesome place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC2 November 2017
Loved working at a Future Shop. Typical day at work would depend on which position I was. I went from merchandiser to customer service supervisor to merchandiser supervisor to sales.
Pros
Loved working with friends
Cons
Shut down
It was fun while it lasted
Sales Representative/Floor manager (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON31 October 2017
It was fun to work there but as the market changed so did the monetary structure and requirements for the sales reps, which led to less money and unhappy sales reps. As best buy was to eliminate futureshop, nothing was done to "properly" correct the issues and thus you had the decaying of what once was a great place to be.
esprit d'équipe au travail
Caissière, service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 October 2017
il est très important de collaborer avec respect dans son lieu de travailler
Pros
rabais
Cons
long trajet
Results driven with little consideration of its people
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 October 2017
I enjoyed my time here but felt the emphasis was on results at all costs. Their was no loyalty here to the individual as a person. It was celebrated when managers worked excessive hours
great highschool job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON18 October 2017
Defintely not a career choice. great for someone starting out in the job force wanting to make a few bucks to go out. Good learning curves in the retail
Parfait
Conseiller aux ventes (Former Employee) –  Bruno, FR17 October 2017
J'ai adoré travailler dans ce magasin. Grâce aux employee j'ai pu m'améliorer
Fun place to work but problems with management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB17 October 2017
Future shop has since migrated to best buy but I did experience problems with management. The culture was prone to favouritism and I often felt that I was not recognized properly for my contribution. The pay was decent since it was commission based if you worked hard.