Future Shop Employee Review

A lot to offer and no two shifts are the same.
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC23 January 2014
In the gaming department I was held responsible for keeping up to date on the latest video game releases by reading every new edition of the store flyer. Price drops from competing stores were important to follow, because shoppers can ask employees to match a competing store's prices. At the time, I considered this to be the hardest part of my job. During the holiday season I learned to rapidly switch between English and French and occasionally speak to groups of people.
Pros
Quality employee lounge, information about new releases and big sales
Cons
Always inside, no windows, long hours

Other Future Shop Employee Reviews

Great work environment, terrible management.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 May 2018
Future Shop awarded a lot of incentives and a great bonus structure for employees but significantly lacked good managers to provide clear direction for employee development.
good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 May 2018
I enjoyed working at a future shop, the staff was fantastic to be around. Management although was tough and pushed you a little out of the normal comfort area, did not push more than necessary for job purposes and was successful in keeping up with store requirements. I have a lot of respect for those I worked alongside this company. It was unfortunate that it was not for very long due to the company closing down.