Future Shop Employee Reviews for Merchandiser

horrible company
Lead Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC31 March 2019
no wonder this company shut down. horrible workplace jobs and management was always rude and never understanding and always did whatever they wanted instead of listening to employees
Great atmosphere to work in
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 January 2018
While unfortunately out of business it was a good job to be around a younger crowd, see upcoming electronics, and work for a decent paycheque.

This job was not a job for a person with no experience with technology.
Pros
good atmosphere, decent pay, benefits.
Cons
no longer open.
Learning/Stage
Merchandiser (Stage) (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 September 2017
-Mornings were rough always having too show up at 7:00 to stock merchandise prior too store opening
-Tagging Merchandise and Dealing with shipments
-Management was never around but the senior staff was always helpful
-Fun and free in terms of working conditions
-The beginning stage was extremely hard too adapt too because it may not seem like it but it was a very fast paced job
-Was the staff
Pros
Testing games
Cons
Early Hours
Great electronics
Seasonal Product Expert and Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON25 August 2017
Great place to work in the electronics industry. Competitive environment (commission based sales) and great management. Friendly staff and working environment
Nice place to work
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB31 July 2017
As a merchandiser, you needed to know where everything was in the store so that you could stock it all up. You also needed to be in the back to unload the truck deliveries and load truck deliveries for appliances. Overall, it was fun. Some of the supervisors were bad to be around, they would be attacking verbally, but overall, you do your job and you fit in well.
Pros
Great staff to be with
this place does not exist
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB31 May 2017
This place does no exist, and therefore there is nothing to say about this place. Fusion cup has great coffee. Best buy owns them. Video games are great. That is all.
Fun workplace
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON12 March 2017
My manager and coworkers were easy going and entertaining at times. It was a fun environment for what it is. During night shift hours we could listen to our own music and during day shifts we were appreciated by our sales team with assisting them in closing sales by going above and beyond to provide the product the customer requested.
Productive and Fun workplace
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 September 2016
First job, was a good experience for me, management was great to talk with. Nice people that i worked with that taught me good work ethic while there.
The store location was shut down...
MERCHANDISER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 June 2016
The location was shut down three years after I left FutureShop. However, I would not work at this location if it was still running. My manager was rude and was giving me tasks that were out of my experience.
Fun environment with good management
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 June 2016
No day was the same but you continuously improve the store appearance for the customer and employee's, while receiving and stocking the shelves to ensure popular products are always in stock and shipping defective or call backs. Learned a lot about time management, teamwork, customer service, communication and inventory management.
Fun place to work
Product Expert/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 December 2015
Good place to work. Got benefits as a part timer, understanding with schedule. Everyone treated well by management. Fast paced enviroment
I worked sop
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC29 November 2015
I enjoyed the time I worked there because it was teamwork dealing with customer sometimes and the communication was easy.
Productive, enjoyable and clean workplace.
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 November 2015
Very supportive co-workers and supervisors, also an enjoyable and nice workplace. Would love to work in the same environment where everyone is friendly and helpful, encouraging and patient.
good place for co-op
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON12 July 2015
I participated in a co-op class there for 220 hours.The work is easy to learn but its the same thing everyday.The work consts of mostly printing off bar codes to update prices and stock shelves.
Pros
willing to teach co-op students
Cons
machine like. and very repeatable work
Met many wonderful people, the work wasnt too hard.
Product Process Associate or Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 April 2015
I would get to work and be ready to head to the warehouse and begin my day depending what day of the week it was.
I learned how to use equipment that I had never before had to use at any job, like our pallet stacker and the wave which helped to put up or take down any product from the overhead shelves. I was scared the first time I had to use the pallet stacker by myself because i had a load of small mini fridges to put up and i was very unsure how that would go. But I managed to complete the task and was very proud of myself after. Management changed over the years and one of my most memorable Managers was my last one that would challenge me to be better & stronger at my job. Co-workers in that role changed quite often due to some going back to school. Some were easier to work with and some not so easy to read. But for the most part we worked as a team. The most hardest part was dealing with the heavy lifting of large items like appliances and tv's. The most enjoyable was the customers I could help with finding a movie or a game.
Pros
Staff discounts, good benefits
Cons
Schedules not very consistent. Pay could have been better.
Future shop is a fairly well run and fun to work at business
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Duncan, BC17 March 2015
A typical day as a merchandiser would include:
-Marking off the safety checklists on all work equipment
-Putting out new daily price tags
-Locking up all returned products from the previous night
-Unloading truck deliveries
-Making sure product is properly displayed in the store
-Up/Down-stocking products
Pros
Good benefits, great management
Cons
Not enough hours
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON19 September 2014
Great place to work but not secure. The staff were wonderful and the company has great values when it comes to associates who can show numbers. It is sad, really, as the managers and staff were truly fun to work with. As a company, they have great benefits and staff discount. I would work there again.
Pros
Fun atmosphere, great managers, good benefits
Cons
Job security, expects more work with less pay/staff, lack of long term loyalty to people
ok
Merchandiser/Future Leaders (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON12 August 2014
Its an ok job, has its pros and cons. it is very laboured intense and management only care about sales
merchandising
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam bc18 July 2014
• Provided Customer support and assisted customers with their needs.
• Ensured customer received direction assistance to product they were buying.
• Merchandising products.
• Worked in a team environment that focused on customer satisfaction.
Pros
half off electronics
Cons
n/a
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB30 June 2014
My days are always busy which I love because time just flying at work instead of dragging on by slowly. I actually really like working for Future Shop, the co-workers are usually fantastic and close knit. My bosses are also quite good for having jobs where they have to make tough decisions, they at least explain their decisions which it much appreciated. It has it awesome days and its awful days just like all jobs. The bad days ranging from a angry customer experience or head office making a radical change to the company.
Pros
Great staff and management
Cons
Head office decisions