Future Shop Employee Reviews

Was an awesome place to work for
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 February 2019
Future shop was a very fun place to work for and have great memories here, especially as an IT tech. It is a shame the company does exist anymore, shame on Best Buy for that.
Pros
Amazing work environment
Cons
Doesn't exsist anymore due to buy out and closure
has since closed down
Product Expert (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 February 2019
there is not a future shop anymore since it has closed down a few years back. was no excatly fun. just a starter job. would never work there again as an adult.
Pros
closed
Cons
closed
Excellente école
Vendeur (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC3 February 2019
Beaucoup d'apprentissage se sont fait au Future Shop.

Belle école pour apprendre la vente et ses complexités.
Pros
Formation
Had fun working with great people.
Cell Expert and Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC28 January 2019
I spent over 4 years working at Future Shop. I started out in the home office department selling computer hardware and was very successful. Our day was comprised of merchandising and keeping each department clean while making sure not to miss greeting every customer. It was a very competitive environment, but we all hung out as friends as well. All the managers were helpful to keep us on track with our projected sales targets. Eventually, I was asked to join the Future Leaders management training program. I was then A floor manager/key holder for the last year and a half before Future Shop was closed. The responsibilities of being a floor manager and assisting my own customers could be challenging at times, but it made for a fast-paced workday. The best part of working at Future Shop was all the people at the store.
Does not exist anymore but was good
Multi-Channel Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC25 January 2019
Was a great place to work before, however it is now closed unfortunately and best buy instead has converted their old locations into new best buys. Was fun.
Sad it closed
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 January 2019
Was a great place to work especially on boxing week! Other days however, were usually not busy and kind of boring. Some of the employees were very annoyed to assist customers when it is there job so that was surprising.
Fun environment
Product Expert / Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 January 2019
Great environment for people wililng to sell.
Meet lots of interesting people and build strong social networking.
Consistently have awards / bonus's and events for employees.
Pros
Bonus's and store discounts
Glad They Are Gone
Manager/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 January 2019
Was ok to work here at first but they didn't;t care about the staff. It was all about making sales and adding services or extra warranty to products. Not a good place to grow im glad they closed down !
in store technician
In Store Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC21 January 2019
Being in retail I get that numbers matter and its all about making the daily sales volume for each department, being verbally abused by customers was brutal. Its all about numbers and if you don't like getting yelled at and sworn at by customers, its not a job for a thinned skinned person. Make the customer happy no matter what was the general consensus and putting up with abuse to do that was often the case.
Pros
staff discounts
Cons
many evening shifts and weekends
Vendeur de téléphone cellulaire
Conseiller en téléphonie cellulaire (Former Employee) –  Alberta, grandre prairie21 January 2019
L'ambiance plaisante de mes coéquipiers et clients rendaient mes journées interressantes.
Je pouvais facilement aller voir d'autres employés dans différent domaine et apprendre pour pouvoir faire parti de plusieurs départements.
Was a great place to work
Car Electronics Installer/Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 January 2019
I had a lot of good times working here while it lasted. The workplace was fun and energetic. Hours were flexible for a part time position, and the management was great.
Exciting Workplace
Product Expert and Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON14 January 2019
There was always room to grow if you wanted.
Management was there to help with your sales, they dusted wanted you to succeed.
Also if they saw something in you, they would push for the Management side of things.
Very family oriented.
Pros
Diverse in selling in all areas, always room to grow as a salesperson
Cons
Commission were dropping, harding to make the money you once did
Team was awesome to work with, management was great and flexible with hours
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC7 January 2019
I had a great time working here with the whole Future Shop team. We all had fun and made funny memories and became a family. I had to deal with a lot of returns and cranky people however, the positivity of the team everyday outweighed the bad days. Management was great as well, they were very understanding with time off requests and availability. Learned a lot from them, the only reason I quit was because I had another full-time job opportunity.
Pros
Fun team, great atmosphere, awesome management
Cons
lots of cranky customers, long hours of standing, sometimes boring
Good place
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC30 December 2018
Great friends
Great relationships
learned how to become the sales man i am now thanks to all my experiences there. it wasn't all butterflies and rainbows. But boy would i love to go back
Pros
Good money
Cons
sometimes toxic environment
Daily tasks
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 December 2018
- review promotions for the day
- set up any new displays
- handle customers as they arrived
- sell and explain the warranty to customers
- deal with any customer complaints
Great place for electronics
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 December 2018
I enjoyed working here as their products were great and had good warranty on it. I enjoyed the fast pace and being responsible for big purchases. I wish they didn't go bankrupt.
Great place, learned A LOT
Retail Sales Entertainment Associate (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC5 December 2018
Now Best Buy.
It's been many years since working there but it was a great first job. Be prepared to learn a lot of sales tactics and core values. A lot of the lessons I learned I still apply today in other aspects of life. Sales driven culture.
very strong sales background needed to make money
Home Theatre Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 November 2018
commissioned based electronics salesman worked full time and although base salary was low if you could sell warrentys on products decent money could be made management was very sales oriented
Fair place to work
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 November 2018
Rather normal work environment. Too concentrated on sales and less on employees. Very little growth potential. Rather modest pay progression. Good enforcement of policies.
Pros
Harassment free environment
Cons
Low pay, No growth
Plesant experience
Greeter (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC8 November 2018
I only worked there on boxing day for a couple years but everyone was nice. They provided us with some free lunch and they gave me a seat at one point so i didn't have to stand for 12 hours checking receipts.
Pros
Discounts on video games
Cons
Boxing day is hectic