Future Shop Employee Reviews

Amazing first job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON17 August 2018
When future shop was around, it was a great place to work. The co-workers were fantastic and the management was great. Great place to work for a first time job.
Seasonal Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 August 2018
It was a good experience of working for Future Shop. Great place to work for as seasonal job and allot of great selections or electronic and technologies.
Pros
discount
Cons
not great hours
Future Who?
Shop Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 August 2018
These guys aren't even a business anymore so why are you reading this stupid review? Are you just wasting your time like me? guess i need more charact
Fun and Exctiing
Customer Service representative (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB27 July 2018
Same atmosphere as Best Buy. Excitement about the products and the sales is contagious and makes the job so easy and fun to do

I never thought technology would be an interest of mine until I worked with this company!
No longer in business
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC26 July 2018
this company is no longer in business as it was bought out by Best Buy is 2014- wonderful company when it was around. great management and commission based
computer sales
Computer sales associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 July 2018
had lots of interactions one on one, this is the job that sparked my sales interest and I learned a lot of lessons within sales to apply to the future
Pros
great staff
Cons
management
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 July 2018
company is no longer in business, the environment was not appealing to many and turnover was high, I left before the company closed its FS brand altogether
Pros
commission based
Cons
commission based
Closed down
Manager-On-Duty/Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON30 June 2018
Closed down but awesome culture to be around, everyone knew what they were talking about and now when you go to best buy they have no idea about products or actually seem to care
All Future Shops are Closed
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Greenfield Park, QC10 June 2018
I worked there for 6 months and was laid off just after the holiday rush, just before all the Future Shops were closed down and replaced with the parent company, Best Buy.
It paid minimum wage, they frequently changed the hours, and I was stuck behind a register during closing on weekdays with no chair and nothing to do for the most part.
Its an average entry level job that no longer exists.
Cons
Holiday rush is very intense, the store doesn't exist anymore
A place to meet and work with the best people
Sales and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC2 June 2018
Training and development is one of their top priorities. They promote team-building in and outside of work. Unfortunately they have all since closed down. Sad face.
Pros
Team building, Friendship, Development, and Training
Cons
It closed down... Sad face
sdfs
Appliance Product Expert (Former Employee) –  Altadore, AB29 May 2018
fdskldafj;lakjhwesirh[qowiehr[oqihwre[oinuvwq[09u09u20cnquwruwq[ruc0923ucnr09u23r90cv29ru-02u39r0u2903nu09u2309ucv209ur0-c2unvuw09uqwenrquv[wmcruq,eswejoqi
Was fun while it lasted
CSR and Entertainment Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 May 2018
Company no longer exists, so this review is probably pointless. That said, the co-workers were excellent and we were able to get a lot done when we practiced teamwork.
Great work environment, terrible management.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 May 2018
Future Shop awarded a lot of incentives and a great bonus structure for employees but significantly lacked good managers to provide clear direction for employee development.
good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 May 2018
I enjoyed working at a future shop, the staff was fantastic to be around. Management although was tough and pushed you a little out of the normal comfort area, did not push more than necessary for job purposes and was successful in keeping up with store requirements. I have a lot of respect for those I worked alongside this company. It was unfortunate that it was not for very long due to the company closing down.
Good introduction into customer service
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 May 2018
Learned to receive and count cash, balance till for next shift, and track cash transfers. Management always gave a prep talk before every opening shift, knew how to boost team morale during the day when things started to slow down a bit.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Company shut down
commision based. super aggresive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON11 May 2018
It was great playing with all the new gadgets but the pressure of hitting targets was sometimes annoying. I would work for this company again though as I had a lot of fun at times.
Great Student Job
Mobile Communications - Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 May 2018
Good job for students to make a little cash on the side and learn about tech. Good way to improve customer service skills. Experiences varies heavily based on location of work.
Worked as Computer Technician
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 May 2018
I was on site tech support and found little challenges while I have to reach out to the customer premises. manager was very nice, who guided me for the customer service and other technology.
Pros
good staff; good manager
Cons
N.A
Technician & Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 April 2018
Management gave you the ability to be creative in finding solutions to issues & problems. The workplace culture was very inviting and encouraged everyone to do their best. Co-workers made the job fun.
Learn lot
Computer Service Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC18 April 2018
I learn lot from this company how to manage your work and listen to client and always try to understand client point of view and add my skill to create software for them