Future Electronics Management reviews

Wasn't a bad company
IT Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 March 2019
It's a really old style company with a lot of upper management problems. That mostly translates to a lot of waiting before being approved to do work. Restricted internet is kind of annoying too.
Terrible company.
Executive Chef, Personal Chef to Robert Miller (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 February 2019
Very profit-forward company, with little regard to culture or personnel. Very low quality kitchen, very little investment in staff training or motivation.
need to think about employees
Credit Analyst - Export department (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC15 January 2019
I met the best team to work with at Future Electronics. But I`m not sure about management. It didn`t feel very fair. Also, I found salary wise very low.
Good work and life balance
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC24 April 2017
Good work and life balance, 3 weeks vocation, 5 days working from home, 5 personal days. On site free gym. On site nurse. On site cafeteria with affordable price. Good for beginners, pretty stable company but can be intense.
Pros
On Site gym, cafeteria, nurse, continuous training
Cons
Not flexible working hour, has to come to work on public holiday, micromanagement, not much advancement room
Work hard Play Hard
SUPPLY CHAIN AND ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC27 September 2016
Sink or swim. Boys Club. Kiss up to get promoted. The people are what makes the company. Many bosses over you . salary low for work done,. nothing is ever good enough
Pros
Full Cafeteria
Cons
Boys club
Many amenities and potential for job growth
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC29 August 2016
Many opportunities for career advancement with on site training and employee development a focus.
I learned how to motivate and manage employees, how to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in an effective and detail oriented way.
The hardest part of the job was not having the option to do part time work after maternity leave.
The most enjoyable part of the job was recognition and appreciation on a regular basis by upper management.
Pros
On site gym and cafeteria
Cons
No part time employment opportunities
Productive and fast-paced environment
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 August 2016
Busy and always something to do. Dealt with sales people and management. Processed orders in a timely fashion always aiming to hit above required quota.
Good
Technical Inside Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC3 June 2015
Good coworkers, lots of multitasking, moderate to heavy workload, employee appreciation once a month, time management is essential, leave early Fridays and summer hours
Easy money, long hours, micro-managed
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Montreal19 February 2015
A typical day at work would consist of coming in and contacting all your existing customer in your account base. After that was done, cold calling to try to gain new customers, new business. I learnt that having a relationship with your customer's is very important and that customer service is key. Management was horrible. It took forever for someone to help you and you never got the support and encouragement one deserves from a manager. My co-workers were the reason that kept me from quitting my job, I met some very nice people! Hardest part of this job was that management expecting you to call your customers daily, however a lot of busy buyers don't like to be contacted via the phone and just want to be contacted via emails. That didn't slide with management. They want to see you building a relationship with your customers (which is fine) so if they don't like to be contacted via the phone, find a way to get them on the phone.
Pros
Cafeteria, Gym
Cons
Long hours, micro managed, no support from management
Its the McDonalds of distribution
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC28 September 2014
There are many great people that work at Future but the main problem are the suckups that are in management. Most of them are not needed and most of them don't do anything. They hassle you for the stupidest things. They want you to do everything and then some for such low pay. There's too much harassment and over work. Lots of times I would work until 10pm at night from 8:30am. co-workers that can't pull the same weight as you get promoted. Its nuts. Loved the years and some people that I worked with but its too stressful for no reason. People are NOT organized and make the littlest thing personal.
Pros
great cafeteria
Cons
management
Good place to work. Free Gym, Good food, Great co-workers
IT Asset Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Quebec, ENG27 February 2014
Balanced place to work, but very fast paced. Typical daily task include continuous calls, servicing employees with equipment required for work performance. Upper management willing to provide guidance and support needed to move forward.
Enjoyable co-workers, activities and events to get to know other departments.
Best part of working as an Asset Supervisor is every day there is a new event, new employee, or new challenge.
Pros
Free Coffee, Flex hours, Free Parking
Cons
Parking lot is full after 8
Good way to spring forward your career
Technical Solution Engineer (Former Employee) –  - Montréal, QC, - Egham, UK, - Eindhoven, NL3 February 2014
A typical day for me in my unique role was providing laboratory results (measurements and proof of concept units) as requested by customers. I would be building a retrofit while performing a measurement request, then write a report on it.
I learnt everything I know on LEDs and integrating them into luminaires.
Management for me was several levels above me (my boss kept me sheltered from it) but, like anywhere, there are some good and some not so good managers. In a company of 5500 employees, I lucked out with some good ones.
Most of my coworkers were great and very helpful.
The hardest part of the job was providing satisfactory timeline expectations when either ales reps or customers were not understanding my logistical difficulties in getting some specific parts.
All the lab work I did was fun, sometimes long & difficult, but very rewarding in the end; I miss it!
Also, to have worked in 2 other countries is experience that I loved and enjoyed working with different countries and people. Very rewarding too!
Pros
chance for advancement and relocation to those that deserve it
Cons
"Old boys" network within the business units
We where like a bigfamily
Chargée de compte (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC16 October 2013
Fun job but not enough time for all the paper work that the company requested.

Good place to learn a lot about your abilities.

Good company training.

The people that work there are very nice.

They have problems with management.
Pros
Good benefits, good cafeteria, good infirmery, good gym, good promotions
Cons
work load to high not enough hours in a day
Not a bad place to work
Pointe-Claire, QC (Former Employee) –  Quebec, Canada21 August 2013
The salary is very good, the people are very friendly and helpful, I learned a lot.

The higher management are work you to the bone.
great place
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  montreal8 July 2013
coworkers are great helpful
management is there to help
work hard and be rewarded
food at caf is delicious
highly competitive, demand strong worth ethic.
Asset Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 March 2013
-Constantly being pushed to improve and expand your skills
-Highly competitive environment which ranks employees and pushes you to be the best.
-Demanding maximum output per employee.
Good people, great potential... but...
Corporate Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC24 September 2012
Hard place to work.
People are nice, but due to micromanagement workload increases by 40% and isn't productive/efficient/profitable kind.

Great potential of a place, good industry with great commission structure. If you can handle a difficult environment Future is the place for you.
Pros
salary, benefits
Cons
old school management, lack of efficiency in processes/applications, # of hours it takes to get work done, bad family/work life balance, excess stress, lack of sleep, bad diet...