Future Electronics Employee Reviews in Montréal, QC

Difficult working atmosphere
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 June 2019
Long hours. Lack of training. miscommunication of expectations. Micromanage and low salary. A lot of office politics which can be viewed as unprofessional.
Pros
Large company
Cons
low salary and long hours
Warning - stay away at all cost
Product Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 May 2019
There are only 2 good things about this company:
1. Its proximity to residents on the West-Island
2. The best Caesar Salad hands down
Everything else sucks
Pros
See above
Cons
1. Narcissistic management, 2. Senior management has no clue what they are doing, 3. Management by intimidation, 4. Psychologically absusive environment, 5. Discourage any independent thought - must be one with the Borg
Wasn't a bad company
IT Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 March 2019
It's a really old style company with a lot of upper management problems. That mostly translates to a lot of waiting before being approved to do work. Restricted internet is kind of annoying too.
Terrible company.
Executive Chef, Personal Chef to Robert Miller (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 February 2019
Very profit-forward company, with little regard to culture or personnel. Very low quality kitchen, very little investment in staff training or motivation.
Stimulante, soddisfacente
Corporate Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 October 2017
Lavoro nelle vendite e ho clienti in tutto il mondo che comunico su base giornaliera. Ho una passione per il viaggio e questo è un lavoro che è stato gratificante ma mi ha anche fatto capire che voglio davvero iniziare il mio sogno di insegnare in un altro paese.
Pros
buona paga
Cons
non il mio lavoro da sogno
Family owned business
Manager, Treasury (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 October 2017
Future is a competent and professional multinational. I experienced good collaboration between cross functional teams and within the Finance group. Exposure to advanced IT system tools to increase efficiency.
Junior Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 July 2017
Well-known company
All employees are super helpful when needing help completing certain tasks.

flexible hours within work days
easy to follow specific tasks
Pros
accommodating
Productive and fast-paced environment
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 August 2016
Busy and always something to do. Dealt with sales people and management. Processed orders in a timely fashion always aiming to hit above required quota.
Fast paced, hard working enviroment
Internal communications/ Senior Corporate Marketer (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 April 2016
Working at Future teaches many skills including handling several jobs/ projects simultaneously.
Balancing work load and prioritizing are the two skills I find most important.
Huge lack of mentorship and leadership, low morale
Graphic Designer, Advertising (Current Employee) –  Montreal10 June 2015
The work that I do is very typical of a corporate atmosphere. There is a lot that can be learned but also a lot of room for improvement. There is no opportunity for advancement, a huge lack of mentoring and leadership, which doesn't motivate, inspire or challenge employees.
There are a lot of great co-workers that I've met along the way.
Pros
Benefits, employee appreciation
Cons
no advancement, no mentoring, no inspiration
Great experience
Return Merchandise Authorization Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QC, CA11 May 2015
I had a great experience working here. True corporate-style work environment. Great cafeteria, gym, classes, and overall beautiful building and amenities.
Unique Montreal Based World Impact Company
Line Captain (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 March 2015
A hidden gem amongst Montreal Companies.
This company , which is based in Montreal, reaches out to all points on the globe.
Easy money, long hours, micro-managed
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Montreal19 February 2015
A typical day at work would consist of coming in and contacting all your existing customer in your account base. After that was done, cold calling to try to gain new customers, new business. I learnt that having a relationship with your customer's is very important and that customer service is key. Management was horrible. It took forever for someone to help you and you never got the support and encouragement one deserves from a manager. My co-workers were the reason that kept me from quitting my job, I met some very nice people! Hardest part of this job was that management expecting you to call your customers daily, however a lot of busy buyers don't like to be contacted via the phone and just want to be contacted via emails. That didn't slide with management. They want to see you building a relationship with your customers (which is fine) so if they don't like to be contacted via the phone, find a way to get them on the phone.
Pros
Cafeteria, Gym
Cons
Long hours, micro managed, no support from management
Good company
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Montreal4 February 2014
Lots of room for advancement with many possibilities as long as you put in the hours.
Good way to spring forward your career
Technical Solution Engineer (Former Employee) –  - Montréal, QC, - Egham, UK, - Eindhoven, NL3 February 2014
A typical day for me in my unique role was providing laboratory results (measurements and proof of concept units) as requested by customers. I would be building a retrofit while performing a measurement request, then write a report on it.
I learnt everything I know on LEDs and integrating them into luminaires.
Management for me was several levels above me (my boss kept me sheltered from it) but, like anywhere, there are some good and some not so good managers. In a company of 5500 employees, I lucked out with some good ones.
Most of my coworkers were great and very helpful.
The hardest part of the job was providing satisfactory timeline expectations when either ales reps or customers were not understanding my logistical difficulties in getting some specific parts.
All the lab work I did was fun, sometimes long & difficult, but very rewarding in the end; I miss it!
Also, to have worked in 2 other countries is experience that I loved and enjoyed working with different countries and people. Very rewarding too!
Pros
chance for advancement and relocation to those that deserve it
Cons
"Old boys" network within the business units
great place
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  montreal8 July 2013
coworkers are great helpful
management is there to help
work hard and be rewarded
food at caf is delicious
Great Benefit, Fast paced.
Marketing Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 June 2013
It depends which department you work in but typically this is a fresh, fast-paced environment with a ton to learn and great benefits (gym, cafeteria, dry-cleaning on-site, special appreciation events, etc.)
highly competitive, demand strong worth ethic.
Asset Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 March 2013
-Constantly being pushed to improve and expand your skills
-Highly competitive environment which ranks employees and pushes you to be the best.
-Demanding maximum output per employee.
An innovative company that focuses on open communication.
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 July 2012
This is a very large company and I was impressed with their ability to stay connected within such a world-wide internal system.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
unmotivating