Future Electronics

Future Electronics Employee Reviews

Canada59 reviews
Like most Sales jobs, there is no manual/amount of training to prepare you for a day, never mind a full week. No day is the same for the most part. But in about a month or so of working you'll learn how to know whats important and what can wait. You learn to be efficient at your day.

Future Electronics has a great internal Team set up for the Sales teams to allow co-workers to ask and work on problems together to educate each other. There are trainings provided but in the end you need to adapt and force yourself into the role to fully comprehend the Job in it's entirety.

Yes it's stressful but the Sales teams commission is a way to know you're doing well.

Management is getting better with dealing with the Sales teams but in the end it's a Sales job and the numbers matter.

Don't let others convince you not to apply, if you're wanting to make money and want to have someone else provide the accounts/contacts, apply at Future Electronics and you'll be able to be successful as long as you try and do the job. This is not a customer service job in that calls come to you, you literally have to call and build the relationship with the buyers. This is where 90% of anyone fails as they expect customers to just give them orders/business.

Give it a shot as you have nothing to lose and so much to gain.
Pros
Full service Cafeteria and Fully equipped gym. Great coworkers, commission for sales. Lots of Company activities and events
Cons
Days can be long, held to unattainable goals sometimes but that's a typical sales job.
My experience wasn’t that great as my “leader” didn’t like me and found any mistakes I would make, let me guess what I needed to do knowing I would make a mistake and use that against me, and eventually it lead to termination. I got along with everyone else in the finance department expect for the person I worked for. My other boss (VP) was very cold and demanding, and could never be please
It's very relative. I worked at Future 12 years ago now, so things have changed, yet the culture and foundation will never change. If you're hoping to coast through your day and fly under the radar; not the place for you. If you're driven to succeed, enjoy a challenge, are a hard worker by nature this could be the place for you. There are many benefits and pros to working at Future, don't believe all the hype! On site gym, amazing cafeteria just a couple of major perks. As for management, it really depends where you're working. You can have many careers here, as there are so many different departments under the same roof. Upper management tends to be demanding and expectation very high. Mid-management can be awful or fantastic - again, it's all relative. The relationships you make at Future though are extraordinary, and we are a 'family' for sure whether still there or moved on. You will make friends for life and no matter what, having Future on your resume is a big feather in your cap!
You are just a number at Future Electronics. Where you are classified as not worthy you are out. They fire everyone around you in your department and expect you to take over their duties with no salary compensation.
Competitive, stressful, yes, but also some great comradery. High turn over for entry positions, yet there are many that have been there over 20+ years. In other words, it's great for some and not for others.
As a contractor in a Future Electronics warehouse, my days as a warehouse worker were repetitive. I disassembled shelves during most of the day. I learned how to use mechanical tools.
Great work culture and benefits but very fast passed environment.
Gym, great cafeteria and free coffee and tea day long

Work hours are 8:30-5:30 (summer ends at 5pm(
The job requires high data manipulation..
Added you need to apply strategies subject to customer requirements and the unit requirement..

you work for more than 2 bosses..

the work gets intenses in specific moments of the day when all managers tends to request work done on the same time..

System is not the best as it crashes and lags a lot, all is in the claud so when the network falils your window may close and you will need to star all over..

Managemente is great with a lot of support
Good company to work for, but just like many other big companies it has its challenges. Advancement opportunities are limited as people hold on to their jobs for 20+ years. It's a fun environment where you can meet a lot of amazing people.
Pros
Amazing cafeteria and very nice gym
Cons
Limited career opportunities
long hours, lots of micromanaging...
- people are what make working there tolerable, most coworkers are excellent

- management is hit or miss

- some departments are better than others
I worked there for almost 10 years I miss the people but I feel my confidence returning everyday not a motivational environment nice building nice gym
Pros
The caf and the gym
Cons
The management
Good food and gym facilities in the building. The company provides shuttle buses for employees which is a good addition as the location is remote and commute is a hassle.
Long hours. Lack of training. miscommunication of expectations. Micromanage and low salary. A lot of office politics which can be viewed as unprofessional.
Pros
Large company
Cons
low salary and long hours
Working with product developers is not always easy. Some are very tight with details and some are a bit easier to support. All eventually come around and recognize the value of having a knowledgeable engineer to help.
Pros
great adventures
Cons
weird culture
There are only 2 good things about this company:
1. Its proximity to residents on the West-Island

2. The best Caesar Salad hands down

Everything else sucks
Pros
See above
Cons
1. Narcissistic management, 2. Senior management has no clue what they are doing, 3. Management by intimidation, 4. Psychologically absusive environment, 5. Discourage any independent thought - must be one with the Borg
excellent training in customer service and product knowledge
there was team work and mutual respect among co-employees

benefits were great too

there was not much room for advancement
Pros
great group of employees and management
Cons
job security
It's a really old style company with a lot of upper management problems. That mostly translates to a lot of waiting before being approved to do work. Restricted internet is kind of annoying too.
Very profit-forward company, with little regard to culture or personnel. Very low quality kitchen, very little investment in staff training or motivation.
They have a decent cafeteria and a gym on site with lots of classes to choose from. It is a good environment to learn but can be stressful and overworking employees seems to be usual business.
I met the best team to work with at Future Electronics. But I`m not sure about management. It didn`t feel very fair. Also, I found salary wise very low.
A very driven and hard working organization striving to be the best.
A typical day is 8 am to 530 pm but you really do learn a lot if you have the right managers.

They are demanding but business acumen and big business exposure.
Pros
Learning experience, Cafeteria and gym
Cons
Long hours, high ex
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Future Electronics. Our community is ready to answer.