Fusion BPO Services Employee Reviews

poor organization
Administratrice de la paie et des bénéfices (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 November 2018
Managed very poorly. Payroll errors. Substandard employees. Minimum wage and cheap. All kinds of bugs roaming around. They Don't care about employees, to be used like kleenexes.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Payroll errors
Environnement de travail agréable
Service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Canada16 October 2018
Bien qu’ayant fait 1 mois a ce travail, c’est une bonne de travail que j’ai acquis
Unremarkable experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 August 2018
I was a Customer Care chat representative for the Grubhub (food delivery) campaign. If you are looking to work many hours, I would look elsewhere. Fusion hires a lot of employees regardless of skill and only gives a handful of hours. Employees get cut on the spot as soon as activity dips even if they are scheduled to work for longer, causing major rushes for the remaining employees to deal with. Performance does not matter from what I've seen, anyone is susceptible to this treatment. Admittedly, shift giveaways are very frequent, but getting "extra" shifts should not be to replace hours that are given in the first place.
Now the work itself is very easy and the tools provided are more than enough to help. The catch is, you are required to take 3 chats at a time and expected to solve each issue within 5 minutes with faulty/slow equipment (finding a working computer may be a struggle). These are unreasonable goals considering that you will have to call restaurants and drivers in the process. Each call at best can take 2 minutes so the third chat will inevitably not meet the required time frame. Not to mention that cutting employee hours only adds to the volume of chats. The pay is minimum wage and there is little to no incentive to perform well. The company neither values quality nor quantity. It just cheaps out on everything, causing a lot of stress for their employees and the customers they serve.
Overall, the job is easy and coworkers were very nice. However, beware the stressful environment and poor management.
Pros
Easy job. Frequent shift giveaways. Generally good coworkers.
Cons
Poor management. High-stress environment. Minimum wage. Few hours.
Stressful Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 August 2018
I worked as a chat customer care rep for a food delivery company for a few months at Fusion. The equipment at the company is of poor quality (computers are slow, broken chairs, dirty desks). While the people I worked with were really nice, the company itself has very poor management skills. The company cares more about saving money than the wellbeing of its workers. As such, management cuts their workers hours as soon as they have the chance to (When there is a low chat volume) and may sometimes remove your shift entirely without notifying you. For one month while I was working there there was a really low volume of chats and was scheduled for about 15h a week even though I was supposed to work there full time.
The company does not care about the quality of the work that is being done. Many competent workers were terminated while I worked there while other agents who did not perform as well were allowed to stay.
The tasks pertaining to the job I was doing were easy. I had to chat with a customer, identify his issue and resolve it. This being said, the job was stressful because I had to handle three customers at the same time (three chats at a time).
The company also has an extremely high turnover rate.
Pros
Easy tasks
Cons
Stressful, management is incompetent
Worst place ever!!!!
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 August 2018
Don't work here. The worst place I've ever worked. They'll never appreciate your hard work.
All they know is to change their employee handbook and bother their top performers.
Pros
free food
Cons
worst management, would never appreciate your work, hire and fire policy
Typical call centre environment.
Telephone Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 July 2018
I worked as a fundraising agent for almost 6 months and the job is what you would expect a call centre job to be. The work was decent, though it was very much a sales environment and not everyone enjoys that, you know the work you're doing is important and that helps get you through all your asks. Your prospects know the importance in the work too so you don't get too many nasty responses. Fusion is very flexible with the schedules, and great for students, if you missed a shift you have the opportunity to make up the hours. The pay was fair, they don't have a great commission structure but that's because the money is suppose to be going to the non profits anyways. Good management, good environment, everyone was very friendly.
Pros
Friendly environment, flexible scheduling
Cons
Pay
Productive and respective work place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 June 2018
Working in fusion BPO was my first experince in customer service job . I learned many skills in the tasks that we needed to do and enjoyed the atmosphere of the work place.
Pros
Disciplined
Cons
Not available shifts
Chaotic place
Sales Agent & Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 June 2018
A typical day at work involved something crazy and unexpected to happen. This was a place willing to do anything to save money no matter the consequences. The staff, office supplies and even the phones in this call center were all sub-par. The turnover rate of employees was insane for any business to have. In the end, you get exactly what you pay for with this company.
Easy work, Intense situations
Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 June 2018
Working at Fusion has been quite the experience. The work itself is not hard for as an agent at Fusion I was assigned to the Grubhub campaign(American Food Delivery service.) My task included chatting online with 3 customers at a time and solving their issues at the same time. What made the job difficult is solving these customers issues and having to satisfy their wants and needs because most of the time when a customer complains about a missing food item and I would have to call the restaurant to inquire the restaurant would claim they delivered the item. I would not be allowed to take sides in this scenario so I would have to figure out a solution that makes them both happy. At the same time while I'm trying to figure out a solution to this scenario I have 2 other customers waiting on me. Also when a chat is finished you are immediately assigned a new chat that you would have to respond to immediately.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Customers lie and create awkward situations for the worker
fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 June 2018
fun people to be around , learned a lot , very trustworthy and safe environment , basic salary but for the job and tasks it is reasonable, overall rating 7.5/10
Easy job, nice location, low pay!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 June 2018
Coaching and assistance is always provided when needed, a typical day of work is a very stressful 2 hour shift till you get your break and then it's pretty nice in the morning, often not very busy, and the staff is great so far.
Pros
Shift exchanges available all the time
Cons
low pay for such stressful work
Unhealthy place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 April 2018
The amount of stress is incredible and you only get paid MINIMUM SALARY with no benefits (health insurance comes only after one year of working there). It is not worthy to stay there for too long. Management is terrible and there's no chance of advancement in position, it is a dead-end job. They will never give you performance reviews and you go there every day expecting the worse. Everyone on my team quit after a while and even our excellent manager got fired, because no matter how hard you work, they will never be happy and will always be looking for new people, mostly new-landed immigrants, to exploit.
They also cut your hours often and is very hard to work full time. It is excellent for students but not for someone who wants to have a full time stable job.
If you're desperate to work, I say that you can definitely work there for a while, but do not stay there long term or your health will deteriorate.
Pros
Schedule flexibility
Cons
No benefits, minimum salary, high stress, toxic environment, no advancement
Prodcutive, Hard work
Customer Service - GrubHub LTD (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 April 2018
This company is not really organized and people don't get breaks. Always over staffed, and working min wage for what we consider hard work. The job isn't easy but everyone is there to help out customers. Supervisors aren't always there to answer your questions or problems.
Pros
Chatting instead of calling, Restaurant management always great.
Cons
Long hours, not enough breaks, and not organized
No work there bad environment and poor pay
Spanish and English Inbound CS (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 April 2018
The floor is dirty and many of the agents get sick constantly. Poor management, and the director of some campaign dont know what is respect, they yell at people. RRHH dont care about anything, if you write and email, you will never get an answers, you will need help from your supervisor to get help. They cuts your hours, you wont work 20 hours if you are partial time and the same if you are full time
Pros
The co-workers are nice
Cons
Poor pay, no recognition, dirty place
Fusion BPO is no longer active
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Marystown, NL28 March 2018
Not a lot to say on this one because the company no longer exits. The job could be frustrating at times because it does return and exchanges for AT&T phones. Customers could be nasty and the QA checks where strict.
Pros
worked inside
Cons
customers could be good or bad depending on situation.
Not the best place to work if you want to grow
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 March 2018
A typical day at work is dealing with staff, taking on escalated cases and working closely with management. I learned that even if you work hard you won't get the appreciation you deserve. They will keep asking for more until you leave and will pay you peanuts. Most campaigns offer insurance, but you need to ask for it or else you will never get the documentation. If you are a student, new immigrant or have little working experience this might be a place for you
Pros
Work schedule is somewhat flexible.
Cons
Poor treatment of employees, eg. some people cannot take breaks when scheduled creates a toxic work environment.
One of the worst experiences of my life
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 February 2018
My specific campaign is run for the most part by incompetent management that were not properly trained to educate nor assist the agents. Personal vendettas have costed great employees that would go out of their way to help anyone they can their jobs. If I could give that place zero stars, I would.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Everything besides coworkers
Great place and enjoyable workplace
Tech Support Agent (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 January 2018
I would say if you are looking for something solid then this company is your choice. It provides a certain level of security and a proper management too.
No job Security!
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 January 2018
I got laid off after I refused to go part time and before I go to paternity leave. Not a beautiful experience.
No job advancement at all. Lots of people either got fired or left before me.
I received the highest number of calls and great feedback from the customers by the way.
Good place to work as a student.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 January 2018
It is a good summer job. Easy going and flexible. The job depends on the campaign you are specifically working for. It is mostly outsourcing from the US. Management is also very understanding.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
No benefits, just salary.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fusion BPO Services. Our community is ready to answer.