FURNITURE BANK Employee Review

View all FURNITURE BANK reviews

Great work environment and an opportunity to work with the underprivileged
Call Centre Representative & Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke27 February 2014
I was an inbound agent. My job was to raise money from our furniture pick up service. I got the opportunity to learn how to talk on the phone you donors and clients. I was also the truck dispatcher. I would route the three trucks and take care of any driver inquiries‎.
I learned how to handle myself on the phones and to refine my sales tactics.
The management at Furiture Bank was extremely pleasant to deal with. Their doors were always open if you had any concerns what so ever.
Furniture Bank had the most family oriented atmosphere I have ever experienced in a work place. It was only a small staff, but they all felt like an extended family to me.
We dealt with a lot of homeless people and people with mental issues, so the hardest part of that job was dealing with. You had to handle those situations with care and patience.
The easiest part of the job was meeting people from all walks of life. It really made me realize how lucky most of us are.

Other FURNITURE BANK Employee Reviews

Nice atmosphere and friendly people
Finance Clerk (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON22 October 2019
I only volunteered here but enjoyed my time there and learned to use programs such as quickbooks and salesforce. Unfortunately there were no paid positions available so I had to find a job elsewhere.
Horrible job! You will get bed bugs from unsanitary employees.
Crew leader (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON9 October 2019
Management steals time from you. They overwork you they try and make you work 88 hours in a two week span before you get overtime. Some employees are dirty and have bed bugs so you have to constantly watch out not to get it. They send you to insanitary homes at times that are dirty and filled with bed bugs and cockroaches. Management does not care about you it’s all about exploiting you while giving you minimum wage. You won’t even get a bald tire replacement on your truck even in the winter. They have no problem risking your life they don’t care. Once again stay away if you want to keep your house bugs free especially from a few dirty employees that have the bugs. Management is well aware but does not care. Also they charge ridiculous prices to take your furniture but they have a contract with the city of Toronto that allows them to dump any items in the city of Toronto dump sites at taxpayer cost. Basically your items that you donate might not make it to the floor it will just end up at the dump To keep furniture bank revenue going.