FURNITURE BANK Employee Reviews in Etobicoke, ON

Great place to work if you dont mind physical labour.
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON5 June 2018
Excellent place to work, pay is okay and the work is hard. Culture is awesome and they provide a fantastic work/ life balance. The job has some sweet perks as well. No real room to move up in the company though as they tend to hire from outside. Thoroughly enjoyed my time working for furniture bank.
Pros
Paid vacation/ plus paid time off at christmas/ benifits/ other perks/ very rewarding job
Cons
Disorganised/ communication from managment to employees is lacking sometimes.
Well developed interpersonal and communication skills
Driver/Delivery (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON4 September 2017
Extremely safety conscious deal effectively with deadlines great people to work for.upbeat and willing to take on New projects.strong communication skills.
Pros
Free lunches
Great work environment and an opportunity to work with the underprivileged
Call Centre Representative & Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke27 February 2014
I was an inbound agent. My job was to raise money from our furniture pick up service. I got the opportunity to learn how to talk on the phone you donors and clients. I was also the truck dispatcher. I would route the three trucks and take care of any driver inquiries‎.
I learned how to handle myself on the phones and to refine my sales tactics.
The management at Furiture Bank was extremely pleasant to deal with. Their doors were always open if you had any concerns what so ever.
Furniture Bank had the most family oriented atmosphere I have ever experienced in a work place. It was only a small staff, but they all felt like an extended family to me.
We dealt with a lot of homeless people and people with mental issues, so the hardest part of that job was dealing with. You had to handle those situations with care and patience.
The easiest part of the job was meeting people from all walks of life. It really made me realize how lucky most of us are.