FunctionAbility Rehabilitation Services

FunctionAbility Rehabilitation Services Work-life balance reviews

Clear
4.7Pay & benefits

Amazing organization, culture and support

Featured review

FunctionAbility Rehabilitation Services selected this as a representative review
I love working at FunctionAbility. There is a strong culture of support and striving for excellence. I feel proud to be part of this group that highly values education and best practices and is even accredited. I love the education days they run, and all the resources offered. The industry and processes are challenging and there is a huge diversity in client presentations - this can be overwhelming at first but is an amazing learning opportunity and there is tons of support from management and from colleagues. Everyone helps each other out. There is even funding to go out once per month with your colleagues. There is lots of flexibility in terms of scheduling and caseload, but you also have to be responsible for managing your time and keeping things balanced for yourself. This is also a learning curve, but well worth it! And the yoga retreat in June was the best!! I wouldn't work for any other company in this industry - FunctionAbility stands out above and beyond the rest.

Pros

support, education, tons of opportunity for learning and growth, connections with colleagues

Dynamic and Collaborative Workplace!

Community-based work that is dynamic, flexible and demands a high level of organization, planning and self-discipline. FunctionAbility is successful at offering the tools and resources which enable clinicians to collaborate effectively, share resources and feel supported. These factors also enable clinicians to provide consistent and high quality services. Equal emphasis is placed on caring for employees (promoting work-life balance and self-care) as well as on providing high end, consistent, reliable and client-centred care for persons throughout all stages of recovery. From an SLP perspective, the SLP Director has been successful over the past 8+ years at teaching, guiding, providing encouragement, advocating for and offering constructive feedback to clinicians. Other members of the FunctionAbility administrative and leadership team are also consistently responsive, approachable, patient and helpful at guiding clinicians through navigating many aspects of the Motor Vehicle Insurance industry.

Best in the industry

FunctionAbility is the best company to work for in the industry. They offer a skilled team of professionals, support available when needed, amazing resources, a family-like atmosphere, opportunities for growth and advancement, and you can be as busy as you want and control your own schedule.

Pros

Well organized, stable, skilled team of professionals, competitive wages

A collaborative community practice!

The FA culture is that of a wide-reaching supportive family! Despite clinicians working independently in the community, there is consistently a sense of having your team members behind you and on your side, ready to help when needed. The team is filled with bright, talented, and highly experienced professionals who strive to build each other up and bring out the best in everyone. The autonomy and respect you are entrusted with makes you feel confident and reassured in your work.

Supportive environment from all!

Great company to work for that always looks to improve client and employee experience. Everyone believes in what they are doing and feel supported no matter what role you are in.

Enriching and Fun Place to Work

The culture at FunctionAbility is unparalleled! Supportive and caring leadership, enrichment opportunities, and collaboration are just some of the highlights of working for FA!

Amazing company culture and job flexibility!

I worked with a different company prior to joining the function ability family and the difference in company culture, clinical expertise and management is night and day! Function ability is run by two incredible, welcoming, supportive people and backed by the same in their management. I’m so glad I made the switch and will never look back!

Pros

Education, company culture, work life balance, flexibility.

Cons

Steep learning curve if you’ve never worked in the field.

Highly respected and skilled staff; excellent work environment

FunctionAbility is a highly respected organization providing health care services to adults and children. Recognized as a leader in the industry, the clinical team is second to none. The value of each therapist is recognized and acknowledged by the leadership team and opportunities for growth are encouraged and supported. Work life balance is highly valued. Therapists are encouraged to continue with ongoing learning opportunities through both internal and external educational programs. Therapists work in a collaboration with strong administrative support.

Pros

- autonomy, growth, respected, collaborative, industry leader

Cons

-community based, so must be able to work independently

Wonderful family-like culture, and where everyone takes pride in their work

Joining FunctionAbility is the best decision I ever made, career-wise. I left the hospital setting due to crazy commute times and being tired of all the politics. FunctionAbility has provided a place for me to hone my skills as an OT, as well as take on other roles to grow professionally and personally. The flexibility of community work allows for greater work-life balance for my young family, and the work is always rewarding, though it can be challenging clinically! As an OT, I love being able to work with clients from the earliest point of their injuries, at their lowest points, and then see them improve over months and years to achieve their functional goals within their new residual abilities. The family-like culture of support is like no other, and nowhere else have I ever worked where management truly cares about us as individuals, while also seeking out constructive feedback to make FA even better. The clinicians in all disciplines (OT, case management, SLP, SW, OTA/PTA/RA) are among the most brilliant I have met, and are all about team work. I'm proud to be a part of team FA!

Pros

Flexible hours, competitive salary, rewarding work, lots of shared clinical resources and education opportunities, social perks

Cons

Must be strong in documentation skills, must be able to have excellent time management and self-discipline because if you don't work, you don't get paid!

Challenging OT work with strong leadership

I've been with FunctionAbility for over 5 years, and really respect and admire the owners and directors. My work as an occupational therapist is clinically challenging and diverse, which I love. Working mostly from my home office has given me the freedom to volunteer a bit and flex my hours around being a busy parent. My supervisor is supportive and I feel like I'm always learning. I work hard and I write a lot of reports, which for me isn't a bad thing (people actually value my opinion!). There's a big learning curve with the insurance/legal sector, but this got easier over time. There's some challenges with billable hours, but with experience and increased skills, I now earn well above what I ever would in the public sector.

Pros

Flexible hours, challenging work, supportive supervisors and culture

Cons

Easy to work too much (have to be disciplined with yourself)

Jobs at FunctionAbility Rehabilitation Services