FunctionAbility Rehabilitation Services

FunctionAbility Rehabilitation Services Management reviews

Clear

Amazing organization, culture and support

Featured review

FunctionAbility Rehabilitation Services selected this as a representative review
I love working at FunctionAbility. There is a strong culture of support and striving for excellence. I feel proud to be part of this group that highly values education and best practices and is even accredited. I love the education days they run, and all the resources offered. The industry and processes are challenging and there is a huge diversity in client presentations - this can be overwhelming at first but is an amazing learning opportunity and there is tons of support from management and from colleagues. Everyone helps each other out. There is even funding to go out once per month with your colleagues. There is lots of flexibility in terms of scheduling and caseload, but you also have to be responsible for managing your time and keeping things balanced for yourself. This is also a learning curve, but well worth it! And the yoga retreat in June was the best!! I wouldn't work for any other company in this industry - FunctionAbility stands out above and beyond the rest.

Pros

support, education, tons of opportunity for learning and growth, connections with colleagues

Not very ethical

Would not recommend working for them. They had poor ethical standards and pressured staff to make inappropriate recommendations and misrepresent assessment findings.

Strong Clinical and Supportive Environment

I have been working at FunctionAbility for over 10 years. I have never worked anywhere that is so supportive and sees you as a person and not just an employee. I feel confident that the office staff, supervisors, and my colleagues are my safety net and have my back. There is constant sharing of ideas and resources to keep my treatment functional and evidence based. My fellow SLPs inspire me constantly. FunctionAbility is a fantastic place to work!

Amazing company culture and job flexibility!

I worked with a different company prior to joining the function ability family and the difference in company culture, clinical expertise and management is night and day! Function ability is run by two incredible, welcoming, supportive people and backed by the same in their management. I’m so glad I made the switch and will never look back!

Pros

Education, company culture, work life balance, flexibility.

Cons

Steep learning curve if you’ve never worked in the field.

Passionate leadership and great company culture. Always striving to improve to ensure the very best for both clients and their staff.

As a new staff member to FunctionAbility I have been very impressed with all levels of the organization. Administrative support is exceptional and helps to make my work flow much more efficient and seamless. Management and supervisory staff are passionate about what they do and this positively influences the culture of the company. Lots of great support for new staff from all levels of the organization. It's a passionate and fun group of individuals who love what they do and who strive to make a difference in the lives of their clients each and every day. Most importantly, the company keeps striving for ways to always improve with client and staff interests close at heart.

Excellent team and challenging work

I have been working with FunctionAbility for many years and have found my home as a therapist. The most enjoyable part of the job is the long term holistic OT role with my clients. It is meaningful clinical contact with clients in their natural environment (community) that goes above and beyond home safety to address occupational performance goals. I like working with a practice that sets a high standard, shares best practices, and encourages me to be the best I can be. I am seeing a variety of clients from TBI, orthopedics, to mental health populations. I am also inspired by a supportive team of colleagues who are knowledgeable and leaders in the field. I feel safe and protected working with this team of therapists, and my skills have developed every year. The hardest part of the job is a steep learning curve in the first year. A typical day is either on the road seeing clients in their homes, or working from home (or the Ottawa clinic) writing reports. Hospital visits for discharging clients are also monthly activities. The management team is very in tune and accessible, they are therapists just like us, they have our back and want us to succeed.

Pros

Education days, flexibility of schedule, strong clinical team and resources, social atmosphere.

Cons

This job involves report writing, focused advocacy in a medical legal world, and very strong time management.

Wonderful family-like culture, and where everyone takes pride in their work

Joining FunctionAbility is the best decision I ever made, career-wise. I left the hospital setting due to crazy commute times and being tired of all the politics. FunctionAbility has provided a place for me to hone my skills as an OT, as well as take on other roles to grow professionally and personally. The flexibility of community work allows for greater work-life balance for my young family, and the work is always rewarding, though it can be challenging clinically! As an OT, I love being able to work with clients from the earliest point of their injuries, at their lowest points, and then see them improve over months and years to achieve their functional goals within their new residual abilities. The family-like culture of support is like no other, and nowhere else have I ever worked where management truly cares about us as individuals, while also seeking out constructive feedback to make FA even better. The clinicians in all disciplines (OT, case management, SLP, SW, OTA/PTA/RA) are among the most brilliant I have met, and are all about team work. I'm proud to be a part of team FA!

Pros

Flexible hours, competitive salary, rewarding work, lots of shared clinical resources and education opportunities, social perks

Cons

Must be strong in documentation skills, must be able to have excellent time management and self-discipline because if you don't work, you don't get paid!

A supportive workplace

I've worked with FunctionAbility for the past year and I have to say it is a very supportive organization. The workplace culture is great- the management has a really positive energy. There is a team-oriented mentality- even with clinicians working in the community and lots of resources provided. The job requires quite a bit of organization and time management but I like that I have the flexibility to arrange my scheudale in a way that works for me. I appreciated that I was given time to orient myself to the job and then build my caseload at a pace I was comfortable with. I really like working with my clients- there is a lot a variety- never a boring workday!

Pros

Clinic workspace, team-building activities, education days

Jobs at FunctionAbility Rehabilitation Services