FunctionAbility Rehabilitation Services

FunctionAbility Rehabilitation Services Job security & advancement reviews

Clear
4.7Job security & advancement

Amazing organization, culture and support

Featured review

FunctionAbility Rehabilitation Services selected this as a representative review
I love working at FunctionAbility. There is a strong culture of support and striving for excellence. I feel proud to be part of this group that highly values education and best practices and is even accredited. I love the education days they run, and all the resources offered. The industry and processes are challenging and there is a huge diversity in client presentations - this can be overwhelming at first but is an amazing learning opportunity and there is tons of support from management and from colleagues. Everyone helps each other out. There is even funding to go out once per month with your colleagues. There is lots of flexibility in terms of scheduling and caseload, but you also have to be responsible for managing your time and keeping things balanced for yourself. This is also a learning curve, but well worth it! And the yoga retreat in June was the best!! I wouldn't work for any other company in this industry - FunctionAbility stands out above and beyond the rest.

Pros

support, education, tons of opportunity for learning and growth, connections with colleagues

Best in the industry

FunctionAbility is the best company to work for in the industry. They offer a skilled team of professionals, support available when needed, amazing resources, a family-like atmosphere, opportunities for growth and advancement, and you can be as busy as you want and control your own schedule.

Pros

Well organized, stable, skilled team of professionals, competitive wages

Supportive environment from all!

Great company to work for that always looks to improve client and employee experience. Everyone believes in what they are doing and feel supported no matter what role you are in.

Enriching and Fun Place to Work

The culture at FunctionAbility is unparalleled! Supportive and caring leadership, enrichment opportunities, and collaboration are just some of the highlights of working for FA!

Amazing company culture and job flexibility!

I worked with a different company prior to joining the function ability family and the difference in company culture, clinical expertise and management is night and day! Function ability is run by two incredible, welcoming, supportive people and backed by the same in their management. I’m so glad I made the switch and will never look back!

Pros

Education, company culture, work life balance, flexibility.

Cons

Steep learning curve if you’ve never worked in the field.

Highly respected and skilled staff; excellent work environment

FunctionAbility is a highly respected organization providing health care services to adults and children. Recognized as a leader in the industry, the clinical team is second to none. The value of each therapist is recognized and acknowledged by the leadership team and opportunities for growth are encouraged and supported. Work life balance is highly valued. Therapists are encouraged to continue with ongoing learning opportunities through both internal and external educational programs. Therapists work in a collaboration with strong administrative support.

Pros

- autonomy, growth, respected, collaborative, industry leader

Cons

-community based, so must be able to work independently

Wonderful family-like culture, and where everyone takes pride in their work

Joining FunctionAbility is the best decision I ever made, career-wise. I left the hospital setting due to crazy commute times and being tired of all the politics. FunctionAbility has provided a place for me to hone my skills as an OT, as well as take on other roles to grow professionally and personally. The flexibility of community work allows for greater work-life balance for my young family, and the work is always rewarding, though it can be challenging clinically! As an OT, I love being able to work with clients from the earliest point of their injuries, at their lowest points, and then see them improve over months and years to achieve their functional goals within their new residual abilities. The family-like culture of support is like no other, and nowhere else have I ever worked where management truly cares about us as individuals, while also seeking out constructive feedback to make FA even better. The clinicians in all disciplines (OT, case management, SLP, SW, OTA/PTA/RA) are among the most brilliant I have met, and are all about team work. I'm proud to be a part of team FA!

Pros

Flexible hours, competitive salary, rewarding work, lots of shared clinical resources and education opportunities, social perks

Cons

Must be strong in documentation skills, must be able to have excellent time management and self-discipline because if you don't work, you don't get paid!

Great company!

Very collaborative environment. Innovative ideas shared between all team members. Opportunities for networking and building a wide variety of clinical skills. Opportunities for advancement and leadership. MVA system is very process-heavy - learning the processes and the clinical reasoning behind how to navigate the processes is one of the hardest parts of the job.

Pros

Supportive, collaborative, innovative environment!

Cons

It's a journey learning to balance work and personal life. Setting boundaries is key.

Supportive and rewarding environment!

I love working in the fast-paced, highly supported environment at FunctionAbility! The company provides lots of opportunities for learning and growth, encouraging clinicians to better themselves and the practice through every experience. The work is intellectually challenging and every day is different from the next! I also enjoy the flexibility of hours and ability to self-manage my schedule.

Pros

Flexibility of hours

Jobs at FunctionAbility Rehabilitation Services