Fulton Hogan

Fulton Hogan Employee Reviews for Laborer

Satisfying work with many enjoyable workmates and many learnings. Traffic Control enabled me to learn much about different people in different roles in a large multinational company, and in dealing with the public when inconvenience for them had to be minimized while safety and good relations were maintained and improved.
The workers are great the management are very clicky and love to micro manage. They drink up on a Friday afternoon then drive home hmm and ohs and safety is there number 1 priority. Whatever.Dont stand up for yourself what ever you do cause they will move you around and try 2 break you. Not me better than that. Workers great. Management..too many chiefs with no idea.
Fulton Hogan treats labor hire staffers with little respect. Operations management release shift information about 16 hours before start time. If you are a labor hire staffer you can expect hours to diminish rapidly with inadequate explanation. Management consistently reduce hours from one week to the next. Management is a confederacy of dunces, a boomer boys club drunk on the authority regional management positions give. Do not expect honest professional courtesy at Fulton Hogan.
Great company to work for, very friendly. Hourly rate was exceptional considering my age (17). Management and supervisors were very nice and gained my respect very quickly.
Pros
Salary, Supervisors
Cons
Some manual labor
Good company to work for apart for it needs better management on the paper work side of things. Apart from that the culture is quite good and the work is always veried to make it more interesting .
Pros
Get a free breakfast once every 3 months if we lucky
Cons
Can be a little rushed at times when getting organised in the mornings with the paper work..
good place to work values health and safety fairly treated good to learn new skills . good pay . good blokes to work with . good place to work if u like construction
Pros
good bbqs
Cons
I enjoyed my time with fulton Hogan they were a good company who I think looked afeter their employers. I would like to work for them again if they were around the Rockhampton area.
A typical day was when we had to pour concrete every day, what I've learned is alot, precast concrete say it all from start too finish prep molds for concrete with reinforcing steel pre checks before pouring concrete. Then the next day strip mold and start all over again.
very unprofessional, treat workers like rubbish, no room for improvement, just take orders from supervisor, abused, stuffed around, spend majority of your time away from family, plenty of bosses that like to shuffle the blame onto the next, get promised job security but wait years, a very unhappy work environment! Some great crew workers but management and new supervisors hired really let this company down.
Pros
Good work crew, money ok
Cons
Long hours, never home, bullying in the workplace
Loved my job, being an only female on the crew was pretty cool meeting new sub contracters on site and learning what their part was to help to finish of the job
Pros
Meeting people, learning new skills
Cons
A lot of waiting around
Good group of workers a lot of experience and everyone willing to help each other. Only down fall was the miss management of work
non stop work , a great place to earn money , and advancement if you wanted it . however the team environment wasn't very stable an was pron to drama an really negative bad group politics . .
Pros
the money
Cons
extremely demanding physically
I've really enjoy it there nothing was wrong was a really great place to work at . i learnt alot of things being there as well gain things to.
Cons
while working at Fulton Hogan I found the people there were good to work with easy to get along with 99% of the management were good but like most work places there is always the ones who aren't so nice to deal with. if your looking for a good work place give FH a go
Pros
good peope to work with
Cons
some times the hours can be a killeron the home life
I enjoy the diverse types of work encountered in the civil construction field. I have worked on bridges including an incremently launched bridge,minesites, water regulators,fish ladders and dam upgrades. I also enjoy remote area work. I have for the last six years supplied and supervised my own crew doing formwork,reo and concrete
Pros
supervising my own team
Cons
no cons
labourering, roller and truck operations , great management , great mixture of cultures , pre prep works ,job completion looks good and reports of great job done