Fulton Hogan

Fulton Hogan Employee Reviews for Driver

Fulton Hogan have many departments under the one name so this review does not include fulton hogan as a major business only the specific department i was wokring for. i worked as a truck driver to drive machinery interstate to R.A.A.F bases and then worked as a labourer doing runway maintenance for up to a month or 2 at a time. schedules were always pushed very closely together so if there was a mistake or mis management of a machine we would be set back and therefor have to work massive hours eveyday to get the job finished in time to meet the deadline or before. all in all i enjoyed my time and experience from fulton hogan as knew i wanted to pursue work that allowed my to make more money so i have no finished my study to work in the mining industry as im always looking to further my career as i have an opportunity to set myself up very well in the future at my current age of 22
Pros
great work, experience working around australia and good people
As I stared in my first review everything was fine until I was retrenched
Pros
A.P
Cons
A.P
As a casual driver I would get a job briefing/details/timings. Carry out vehicle checks, Refuel and top up water tank with water if required. Drive out to work site. Report to Job supervisor,Sign in, Carry out duties as required. Management / supervisors / co workers, were good, helpful and gave advice when asked for or felt that I needed advice. Nothing hard about the job really. Carrying out my duties in a safe and efficient manner, to ensure everyone was safe in my area of operations. I left at own request because as a casual on call driver my pay / work days were not regular/consistant and was struggling financially.
I found the workers to be good mates but management not good at all low wages long hours no recognition for the work we do low staff morale and this is a new zealand company no wonder they have a high staff turnover management needs to wake up otherwise there will be no one left including me this place used to be a good place to work but in the last few years under the curent management its been about the almighty dollar it used to be about the staff and family i hope they see this and make some changes but i doubt it
Pros
going home
Cons
long hours had to take extra work to pay the bills