Fulton Hogan Employee Reviews

good people
Cleaner/general labourer/supervisor (Former Employee) –  Balclutha, Otago1 September 2016
while working at Fulton Hogan I found the people there were good to work with easy to get along with 99% of the management were good but like most work places there is always the ones who aren't so nice to deal with. if your looking for a good work place give FH a go
Pros
good peope to work with
Cons
some times the hours can be a killeron the home life
Productive but some managers are impossible to work with.
Laboratory Technician - Quality Control Testing (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn VIC30 August 2016
Enough work load but not enough manpower and enough time to finish the job and tasks at hand. Some managers when they're present give workers unnecessary extra work.
good place to work
Specialist Operator (Current Employee) –  christchurch28 August 2016
They were a good place to work and good people to work with. you always worked in differentplaces doing asphalt so you did not get sick of the job and you had a good mix of hours so you could earn so good money and have a bit of time to your self
Pros
time and a half when you did more then 8 hours a day
Cons
the communicate very well
Management were Brilliant
Truck Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Auckland17 July 2016
Early starts, out on site, wait for Engineers, City Council to approve the road is ready to be sealed. Prep the enclosure. And then wait.

Team work is always in place as Safety is priority. Dealing with the public is constantly a mission And going home to my family is the best part of my day.
Pros
Monthly BBQ
ok
Machine Operator/Labourer (Former Employee) –  New Zealand26 June 2016
It was work, but a better opportunity arose for me to relocate to perth so I took it.
Fulton Hogan is a great company unfortunately NZ's economy is not
Pros
income
Cons
workhard and long hours for an average wage
Fun work
Construction worker (Former Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury26 May 2016
- Every morning you'd have to be highly motivated.
- You learn how new things every now and then
- managing to finishing a task you set can be difficult sometimes when you have unexpected barrier in the road
- working alongside a bunch of good co-workers is always the best.
- The hardest part of the job, I'd say is trying to complete a set goal.
- But the most enjoyable part of the job, I'd say is heads down work completing a job in the time given.
Pros
When our project manager shouts lunch
Good equipment, reasonable hours
Traffic Controller (Former Employee) –  Wellington, Paraparaumu4 April 2016
Vehicle check before leaving the yard
Got the gear needed for the job
Communication was the key to the job & working together as a team

Management was mostly punctual & on time unless was called out to an emergency like an accident ect.

Co workers were good but you have up's & down's now & then.

Hardest part of the job was to think on your feet in a dire situation & explaining it through to your team so everybody knows exactly where to be & what their roll is. There's also heavy lifting involved, set up & break down of site's. Knowing the measurements of road length & signs. Safety of your team, clients & the public.

Enjoyable part of the job is that your outside & at a different site everyday to change of scenery. Also when everyone knows what the plan is & what they are doing it's easy going.
Pros
Lunch breaks were given when needed & the crew were well to work with.
good place to work
Excavator Operator (Former Employee) –  Mandurah WA2 March 2016
everyone was good to work with and boss/s where easy going

day at work was doing the NBN as in pit and pipe/trenching on excavator.
Good, experienced people
Site Engineer (Former Employee) –  Christchurch, Nouvelle ZĂ©lande3 December 2015
It's been good working for Fulton Hogan, they make you feel part of the FH family and invest in you with lots of training and the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects.
Pros
People, work ethics
Cons
Salary
Productive and Great Place to Work
National Learning and Development Advisor (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC30 November 2015
Great place to work, with supportive management at all levels and family values culture.

Wonderful learning and development opportunities and working alongside a great bunch of people who are striving for the same goal.
Pros
flexibility, interstate travel
Awesome ground crew
Ground crew (Current Employee) –  Wellington City, Wellington9 November 2015
Can be good Company to work for, but old gear tho in Wellington . Can be sum long days. The ground crews are good to work with.
Pros
Good ground crews
Cons
Management not the best, company very top heavy
If you're injured look for another job!
Apprentice carpenter (Former Employee) –  Southland Invercargill7 November 2015
I worked for Fulton Hogan for approximately 3 years as a apprentice carpenter in the Civil Building Division located in Southland. At first the job was really great and I made a lot of really close friends. Things changed when I was injured on site which resulted in a severe back injury which required surgery. The management tried to cover up my injury stating that it did not happen at work. When I thought things couldn't get worse a FH manager took on himself visiting me uninvited at my house and accusing me of lying about my injury. After my back surgery I found out that the Regional Manager attempted to use character assassination which isolated me from my work friends. FH management didn't take the time to support me and my family when I was injured instead they just attacked my credibility as a person. I would not recommend working for the Southland Branch. I have talked to many senior management at FH which stated that the Southland branch is is known as the wild wild West with making up their own rules. My advice is not to be injured on the job if you are do not get FH to manage your ACC entitlements. Instead just say you injured yourself at home and have ACC manage your Injury.
Pros
Good workmates
Cons
Bad management practices
amazing work place
traffic control / subcontractor (Former Employee) –  Nelson, S30 October 2015
i loved working with fulton hogan it was great enviroment great team mates and a fantastic boss (mike gibney of nelson) i had amazing support and they under stood that i have children, all my needs were meet to high standards and the crew members were so amazing always happy,positive and supportive.. got sent on jobs with ashphalt and sealing crews and they were amazing to work with.. loved travelling with them to different places each day for work and even went away for a week and they supplied accomodation foood a overnight allowances each night we were all away. i dont have a bad word about fulton hogan i love the company and the values they support
Pros
free snacks on trainning coarses
Cons
i didnt have any
It is a great place for the interim, and to help them out while they needed another staff member
Cafe Assistant (Current Employee) –  Christchurch, Hornby16 October 2015
The day would start at 6.30 and I would have particular sandwiches, rolls and sweet buns to make up, general food assistance.
I learnt a lot about speed and accuracy in my job, and the Management was lovely and very supportive. My Co-workers fantastic and helpful, the hardest part was trying not to eat the tasty food, and the most enjoyable was seeing people resting and relaxing in the cafe and the organised way of doing things there was well structured.
Pros
Free meal on break
Cons
The job was only Casual
great company with he resources to train there employees
Operator/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Albany, WA8 October 2015
worked in a team of 12 in the heavy maintenance division that was responsible for stabalising road failures with in our network.
Pros
Training and everything provided
Always be prepared for changes in the day
assist the Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Dry Creek20 September 2015
Both fortunate and unfortunate of not having a job title when I started. This allowed me to work over a large cross section of the company. I was able to use the skills I had developed over the years to assist the Project Manager in getting the job completed. From organising safety documentation to on site management. I was able to be a tradesman repairing plant in the morning, roller operator in the afternoon and finish line marking at the end.

A job not suited for everyone as you do work alone a lot and you don't have a constant Manager or supervisor so your work can go unnoticed or unappreciated. Also it is hard to explain to people what your job title is as you don't have one.
Pros
A great sense of personal achievement at the end of the day
Cons
Not knowing when you are going home
wornderful learning enviroment
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Suva, Fiji17 September 2015
A days work is never bored as we work on different types of machines and vehicle doing different jobs, at the same time learning new things and gaining new skills not only from work colleagues but also from management. Also we learn to operate new machines and attend training for particular programs regarding work.
Pros
Tea things provided during our Tea breaks and the occassional BBQ
Cons
sometimes work can be really slack
Fulton hogan
Traffic Controller, Road Works (Former Employee) –  Penrose, Auckland17 September 2015
I really enjoyed working for this company, The people are great to be among, general workers right through to the BIG bosses.
Overall Satisfaction 8/10
Pros
Free breakfast, lunch, dinner, christmas parties, transport, team building exercises, work functions such a corporate warriors box games etc.
Cons
Long hours, Must be dedicated & have very good communication.
good place and top guys to work with
Concrete Labourer (Former Employee) –  bendigo precast yard23 August 2015
hard work very productive in my almost 3 years working with fulton Hogan ive learnt a lot met a lot of people worked along side good blokes for abit shared and used ideas to help each other so stay within the time frames givin...
Pros
bunnings vouchers for good work and ideas
great workplace
Roller driver,Loader driver,Road maintainance. (Former Employee) –  Levin, N5 August 2015
i would work with these people again and again.have worked in this inviroment before.and would work in it again.
\all co-workers are equal,not one on one.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fulton Hogan. Our community is ready to answer.