Fulton Hogan Employee Reviews

Great company to work for
Senior safety manager (Current Employee) –  NSW11 October 2018
Great company to work for. Friendly , approachable, good culture which is developing well as time goes on. The really care about the well being of their workers and staff.
Pros
Good company tp work for
Cons
Good company to work for
Rugby team i started
Surfacing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton NZ24 August 2018
Early start , Planning , Team meetings , General roading duties
Learnt = How to be a better team leader
Management = Fantastic , helpful
Workplace culture = Great
Hardest part =Long hours
Enjoyable Part = Being a good team leader and having the respect of my teams.
Pros
Salary, Vehicle, Phone, Bonuses
Cons
Recession 2009
great job, great income, up to 85 hour week.
HC driver/ Labourer (Former Employee) –  adelaide, worked all around australia12 August 2018
Fulton Hogan have many departments under the one name so this review does not include fulton hogan as a major business only the specific department i was wokring for.

i worked as a truck driver to drive machinery interstate to R.A.A.F bases and then worked as a labourer doing runway maintenance for up to a month or 2 at a time.

schedules were always pushed very closely together so if there was a mistake or mis management of a machine we would be set back and therefor have to work massive hours eveyday to get the job finished in time to meet the deadline or before.

all in all i enjoyed my time and experience from fulton hogan as knew i wanted to pursue work that allowed my to make more money so i have no finished my study to work in the mining industry as im always looking to further my career as i have an opportunity to set myself up very well in the future at my current age of 22
Pros
great work, experience working around australia and good people
Great culture with ongoing training
Traffic Controller (Former Employee) –  Wellington City, Wellington29 July 2018
Fulton Hogan really looks after their employee. Safety is ALWAYS number one. The main reason anyone got into big trouble was when they were doing something unsafe. Safety meetings once a month and they always leave the room open to suggestions on how things could be made safer in the workplace.
Pros
OT after 8 hours. Meal allowances after 10. Ongoing training.
Cons
Wages weren’t great in Wellington.
Fulton Hogan
Stop & Go (Former Employee) –  North Shore City, Auckland20 May 2018
I've learned that working at Fulton Hogan was hard but also easy. I have had a lot of help the from stuff and it was good. I loved Fulton Hogan. I love the stuff members.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Fun and exciting place to work
Construction Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hawke’s bay new zealand20 May 2018
I’m enjoying my time with Fulton hogan it’s a great place to work and skys the limit with your career here. I’ve been given a lot of trust from my manager to take the lead on jobs from start to finish and been completing jobs under budget and within the time frame.
good company to work for
CW2 Labourer (Former Employee) –  Bruce Highway30 April 2018
I enjoyed my time with fulton Hogan they were a good company who I think looked afeter their employers. I would like to work for them again if they were around the Rockhampton area.
Good place to work at to upskill and get ahead in your career
Construction Engineer (Former Employee) –  NZ8 March 2018
Typical day of work to show up motivated and ready to work, learnt everything I needed to know about project management. Management can treat everyone like robots communicating through emails and other people. There was a blue blood initiative which really brings everyone together. The most enjoyable part of the job was being part of something big.
Pros
being part of a range of civil projects
Cons
Management communicate through emails and other people instead of foot and mouth
Loved working for this company
Labourer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Napier, Hawke's Bay9 February 2018
Great company and culture and type of work was an amazing experience and enjoyed every moment Napier group are hard working and humorous guys who make each day a good one
Pros
Great group of people
Cons
Lack of communication
no care for work life balance
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Australia7 February 2018
You basically work 24/7 on call.. never know what time you are starting your shift each day until 2 hours before hand... sometimes even less notice...
Awesome work place great people to work with.
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Chch, Canterbury24 January 2018
A typical day was when we had to pour concrete every day, what I've learned is alot, precast concrete say it all from start too finish prep molds for concrete with reinforcing steel pre checks before pouring concrete. Then the next day strip mold and start all over again.
Great friendly people
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  malmsbury20 January 2018
Awesome company to be part of, wages were great, most management were approachable. They dealt with great subcontractors and engineers were all great to deal with
Great people to work around like a family
Fixed Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Stapylton QLD7 January 2018
This company was great to work for only let down was there were not interested in letting all people of the company learn new things or rotate around so the job wasn’t the same day in and day out
Pros
Got 10 hours a day of work
Cons
Not getting to learn new things
Productive high paced job
Traffic Controller (Former Employee) –  New Zealand7 January 2018
Hard working strong on safety with clients as well as staff members
Faced paced strong communication with staff in the progress of the job.

High standards of safety for public as well staff at all times on the job site as well as travel away from home.
Pros
envoriment outback work
Cons
Great environment and has alot of good people
Traffic Controller (Former Employee) –  8 Paul Matthews Rd, Rosedale, Auckland 063220 November 2017
Fulton Hogan was a great place to work i liked working there a lot and learning about my task from my work mates, everyone i have meet through Fulton Hogan was very friendly and well coming, but the person who signed me up to the job was very bad at being a supportive and organised boss.
Generally Average Civil Engineering Company.
Civil Engineering Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland7 November 2017
My experience with Fulton Hogan in the early 2000s might be colored by the company's performance and my particular department at the time so please bear that in mind.
Fulton Hogan (FH) is an NZ wide civil construction company with a quite solid reputation in the field. Not a huge player in Auckland, they nevertheless did much work in the infrastructure of the city and maintained a good standard of work.
The laboratory arm where I worked ( Testing and QA/QC focused ) was busy and a good workplace. Despite the industry tendency to consider this part of the operation rater an afterthought, the FH lab staff received respect and accolades when performance was well above requirements. However, during my period of work, the culture in the management of the laboratory was not conducive to promotion or retraining - if you showed a talent for a particular segment of the work, that work was all you did, and you were rarely if ever asked to retrain or advance into other capacities. Staffing was often cut to a minimum, especially when a night shift was required and therefore the fewer staff in day shift where expected to perform at a level of a larger team with less resources of time and manpower. However, night shift workers did enjoy a large weekly bonus for that work, and competition was fierce for such positions.
Workdays were a minimum of 8.5 hours for a five day week, and weekend work was quite infrequent ( Again, a bonus was paid for weekend work in the laboratory and the position on the roster was strongly contested ). The social and cultural atmosphere of the company was
  more... of a high standard which made up for much of the less pleasant aspects, notably the distance of management form the concerns of staff due to an external focus.  less
Pros
Good remuneration, bonus schemes, great social culture.
Cons
Very long hours, little opportunity for advancement, an external cleint-minded management.
Petroleum Plant Operator
Petroleum Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Auckland, New Zealand31 October 2017
Great place to work. Plenty of training opportunities, plenty of paid time off, and plenty of career opportunities and room for advancement. The work-life balance made the job worth it in the end.
Pros
At least 30 days of PTO from day one.
Cons
Lower management could use some work. Upper management was awesome.
Safety focused family orientated company who care about their staff.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Auckland NZ21 October 2017
Great company to work for. Hiring internally is an issue though, jobs may as well say "internal applicants need not apply" Otherwise a great company, great people, great place to work.
Fulton Hogan Industries provides great flexibility for autonomous employees. Everyone has the opportunity to contribute in their own way.
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Central Australia Region2 October 2017
Fulton Hogan has allowed me to develop myself professionally across a wide variety of roles.
Engaged as a Project Engineer currently I have had the opportunity to undertake site engineering work, construction and project management work, health and safety work, quantity surveying and estimating work as well as documentation and management of quality systems within the organisation.
Pros
Great opportunities to work autonomously, and contribute in a variety of ways to the delivery of projects and works.
Cons
Employment contracts generally states that the hours of work are task orientated, rather than standard hours orientated, This is there for a reason, and that is because you will work hard at Fulton Hogan, If you aren't committed the working conditions can be a deterrent.
Happy workers
Asphalter. Road maintenance. (Former Employee) –  Port Melbourne VIC26 September 2017
Happy n good environment of people but the salary need to increase compare to the ways they do the jobs completely. ..have to be physically n healthy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fulton Hogan. Our community is ready to answer.