Fujitsu

Fujitsu Management reviews

Canada95 reviews
Pros

Great culture; innovative; continues to try to raise the bar on performance.

Cons

Can be hierarchical; needs more diverse talent

Advice to Management

Continue on your current trajectory of continuing to raise the bar.
Fujitsu used to be a good company (ca 2010) in Calgary. However, the management fell apart and its sales people left for other opportunities. As a result, the Calgary office collapsed and only 1 project (to my knowledge) still exists. Working on this project will mean that you will be working in the same position with no opportunities for innovation. It is an important project, however it is very circumscribed in its approaches. It was a port of an ASP 3.0 application and it's structure reflects choices made at that time.

As a company, I was left with the impression that Fujitsu does not understand software development. My biggest point of frustration were the annual performance reviews. The majority of points had to do with my contributions to sales (I was in development). So, we had to answer our objectives using weasel phrases that had no bearing on my actual job. One year, 25% of my review was based on bringing in 2 qualified sales leads. Needless to say that did not happen. I'm not sure if it is official or unofficial, but Fujitsu has a policy of normalizing reviews. So even if you did very well in your position, you will likely not score above a 3 on a 5 point scale. So, don't expect management to make you feel good about the job you are doing.
This is a company working to get their things done by utilizing people. They never care about the employees or their life. They just want their targets and SLAs met. Also the work environment was pretty toxic. Management is worse without even willing to give you a reference if u are leaving. They are rude, arrogant and only care about their profit. No raise in salary given to employees even when they made millions from our work.
Several reorgs since last 6 years doesn't seem to be working. There is lack of ownership and vacuum at the executive leadership level, company is disoriented and working in Silos. Promising talent who have delivered for company is not recognized as per merit. Fujitsu is fast loosing credibility with its customer base across North America as they can't deliver on their delivery and obligations.
great work place. Good team to work with. Understanding. Great management. great atmosphere, no stress. new challenges. friendly environment.
looking for a new job near my residency
This was a fairly pleasant workplace. We would handle calls as they came in, assisting with the issues presented. We were given time to handle to issues before moving on to the next problem. Management was fairly hands-off unless there was a problem that required intervention, which meant that we were able to work at our own pace and solve the problems at hand.
Pros
Easily accessible, clean and friendly environment
Cons
Environnement de travail interressant, convivial, café gratuit.
La culture d'entreprise et avantages sociaux qui font la différence se perdent au profit d'une centralisation au sein de l'entreprise. Tout est de plus en plus dirigé, piloté depuis les USA

=> Anglicisation: plusieurs directeurs, gestionnaires etant américains, les reunions, les échanges, les évaluations annuelles sont en anglais.

=> on a l'impression que la direction au Québec a de moins en moins de pouvoir
Points positifs:
=> Télétravail

=> Assurances médicales

=> Régimes de retraite collectif avec participation de l'employeur.
Support technique pour les clients
Créations et résolutions des requêtes des clients par Service Now
Configuration des imprimantes,Thin client,Ordinateurs, Scanner, paramètres de réseau et problèmes liés au réseau, serveur, machines virtuelles.
Soutien de différents application , problèmes d'authentification, liés au réseau et au domaine.

Connexion aux clients via RDP ou avec citrix applications.

Ordonner l'équipement défectueux.
The company treats their employees well. While they don't have a lot of contracts in Edmonton, they are working hard to keep all of their employees. I'm sure they will do just fine.
Most of employments are for the Quebec government IT jobs.
Company was sold and management made lots of new changes.
Would work again depending for which department.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Fujitsu?
This company is not a bad place to work,but is not a place for a career as it is hard to move up.

The training leaves to be desired, most training is half a day.
Pros
adaptable work hourse
Cons
No training and bad upper management
Located in Edmonton downtown, love to work here. Management is pretty good. No overtime. Timings are pretty good too,typical 8 to 5 job. It was call center environment.
Pros
Good place to work. Nice location.
Cons
Low pay and no benefits
Given the role I worked in, I was on the road most of the time. My peers were intelligent, quick-witted, supportive and probably the per part of the job. I started with DMR Group, which was bought by Amdahl, which was bought by Fujitsu. Working in Canada for an American management team is interesting--not impossible, but not Canadian.
The Finance department was very well run. The managers and technical support were knowledgeable and skilled. There was excellent support from my coworkers and managers. Everyone was invested in doing a good job.
Interesting work, but too many issues around lack of authority, role boundaries, and too many managers that suffer from group think and confirmation bias.
Pros
Free ersatz coffee
Cons
long hours, out-of-touch management playing favourites.
I got chance to learn so many things to learn while I was working in Fujitsu. It provides best and comfortable environment for every employees. All management people are too good.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
sometimes getting too much calls
Good company for junior and senior staff. Good management, good benefits.

Some after hours/on call work required.

Treat employees fairly
Bonne entreprise, très bonne ambiance d'équipe, une structure solide et des moyens sociaux à la hauteur de l'enseigne FUJITSU
Pros
Ambiance d'équipe
Cons
DMR fut acquis par le groupe Japonais Fujitsu, la culture a beaucoup changé depuis.
Pros
Avantages sociaux
Cons
Culture américaine
Love working here, nice environment, nice people, Management is helpful, helpful colleges, believes in team work, entertainment programs, loving here,
unfair schedule rotations favored the seniors .
new comers expect unflexible schedules and night shifts.

employee rec room but never enough time or breaks to be able to enjoy it,.

snotty managers who would give you point blank scripted responses when procedures or integrity was questioned.
Pros
air conditioned, US vpn, parking
Cons
old workstations