Fujitsu

Fujitsu Employee Reviews

Canada95 reviews
My position was on the Fujitsu consulting services side of the company. On client service delivery they have a large number of great teams. The biggest issue was on trying to break into new markets. They think their size is what will get them to win, when there really is no strategy what makes Fujitsu unique to get into that new market.

If you get on with one of the service teams, you will have a great experience. It won't be ground breaking work, but it will be constant work.

If you are looking visionary or entrepreneurial type work, your experience will be more challenging, since Fujitsu's focus is revenue from client services first.
Operate more like a local boutique consulting company. Does not have the structure of a global consulting firm. Some bright spots in selected sectors in Canada.
Overall a great place to work with fun work culture.Worked with great clients of Government of Alberta.
Worked with some great people and exciting projects.
Overall a great place to work at with a fast-growth environment, which gave the opportunity to lead an amazing team of professionals to support the companies product and services.
It is a good company to work and grow. Did not get the proper schedule while working for the company.
Never finished the job on a set time. Always has to stay back a little.
Fujitisu HR found my LinkedIn profile and reached out for open posting they had. I was interviewed both by HR, Fujitsu mgmt. And client mgmt. I was placed in the client location . Most of my work was at client workplace. Fujitsu is good organization to work for.
Fujitsu used to be a good company (ca 2010) in Calgary. However, the management fell apart and its sales people left for other opportunities. As a result, the Calgary office collapsed and only 1 project (to my knowledge) still exists. Working on this project will mean that you will be working in the same position with no opportunities for innovation. It is an important project, however it is very circumscribed in its approaches. It was a port of an ASP 3.0 application and it's structure reflects choices made at that time.

As a company, I was left with the impression that Fujitsu does not understand software development. My biggest point of frustration were the annual performance reviews. The majority of points had to do with my contributions to sales (I was in development). So, we had to answer our objectives using weasel phrases that had no bearing on my actual job. One year, 25% of my review was based on bringing in 2 qualified sales leads. Needless to say that did not happen. I'm not sure if it is official or unofficial, but Fujitsu has a policy of normalizing reviews. So even if you did very well in your position, you will likely not score above a 3 on a 5 point scale. So, don't expect management to make you feel good about the job you are doing.
This is a work from home job. If there are issue on the client you are always on the go.
They provide you everything that you need phone, laptop and training.
This is a company working to get their things done by utilizing people. They never care about the employees or their life. They just want their targets and SLAs met. Also the work environment was pretty toxic. Management is worse without even willing to give you a reference if u are leaving. They are rude, arrogant and only care about their profit. No raise in salary given to employees even when they made millions from our work.
I would've stayed, but my life took me in a different direction.
The people were great, the projects were fun and exciting and I was compensated fairly for my contribution.
Several reorgs since last 6 years doesn't seem to be working. There is lack of ownership and vacuum at the executive leadership level, company is disoriented and working in Silos. Promising talent who have delivered for company is not recognized as per merit. Fujitsu is fast loosing credibility with its customer base across North America as they can't deliver on their delivery and obligations.
Good Workplace culture
Great place to learn, not too many employees

Multinational Company

Everyone always helpful and easy to work with

Strong product to work with
Edmonton office is based on Govt. projects so there is limited opportunity for growth.
The team is really good and cooperative to work with so I enjoy working here.
I enjoyed working here the worklife balance was well suited and they provided lots of perks like longer lunches and lots of free food for staff. Supportive managers.
great work place. Good team to work with. Understanding. Great management. great atmosphere, no stress. new challenges. friendly environment.
looking for a new job near my residency
Very friendly and profetional environment which I never forget it.
I was hired by Fujitsu as contractor for a short period of time to help the company as they just got a new contract for McDonald's help desk for about three months.
Pros

Great culture; innovative; continues to try to raise the bar on performance.

Cons

Can be hierarchical; needs more diverse talent

Advice to Management

Continue on your current trajectory of continuing to raise the bar.
Fujitsu is a great pace to start your carrier in information technology. Is also has a good team energy. The managment always motivated the team and was respectable towards there employes.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
regular hours
This was a fairly pleasant workplace. We would handle calls as they came in, assisting with the issues presented. We were given time to handle to issues before moving on to the next problem. Management was fairly hands-off unless there was a problem that required intervention, which meant that we were able to work at our own pace and solve the problems at hand.
Pros
Easily accessible, clean and friendly environment
Cons
Its quite nice place to work. The colleagues are very helpful. We plan the trips together including supervisors and mangers. The office is full of amenities.