Frontier Power Products

Frontier Power Products Employee Reviews

Canada17 reviews
Featured review
Frontier Power Products selected this as a representative review
One of the best companies I have worked for
The company is growing in size. Along the way there have been many changes but all have been positive and staff have benefited from the changes. It really surprises me reading some of the reviews - maybe people don't like change?
Guys in the shop are great helping customers with quick deliveries and support in the field.

It's a good team!
Pros
Everyone pulls together when needed
Cons
No pipelines! Haha
Great place to work!
Paid sick days, tool allowance, and a varied work load. Good culture, skilled manager's and staff. I really enjoyed my time there, would go back in a heartbeat!
I thougt I blew it. They surprised me when they understood.
I was currently working when I seen an opportunity to become a valued member of Frontier Power Products. I had a phone interview, that really made me want to know more. To be apart of this company. It was only a short time & I received a call for a meeting with the Managers.

They were willing to see me afterhours, to see if I was a good fit. The day of the interview, I was so excited. I left my other position, determined to make the best impression I could, traffic had other plans. There was an accident on the road I was taking. I started to feel worried, I was going to be late. Well I was, about 5 minutes late. Then I went to the wrong door. Thinking that at this point they would not care what my resume looked like, I was late and at the wrong door. I thought my opportunity, I was looking forward to; was over before it began.

Instead, I was greeted with smiles and when I told them the situation, they made me feel comfortable. We were able to go through my resume. I was able to ask questions freely, while getting answers that actually answered all of my questions. I received a view of the huge, clean & very organized shop area. At the end, I was absolutely sure I wanted to be apart of Frontier.

I was over the moon when I received an email, with a job offer. It has been almost a month now. I can say it was the best choice I could have made. Everyone here is happy, they say good morning and wave to everyone around. Everyone wants everyone else on their team to succeed. They are willing to work together to make it happen. (I have an Admin/Safety background,) the Safety
 - more...
Pros
People, building, organization, caring, friendly.
Great people!
Excellent benefits, positive workplace, strong and cohesive group at our branch. Majority of days it’s fun to be at work. The only criticism is minor, better communication from management would make us even better.
Have an excellent product, just put you into situations that can’t be controlled, superiors should look at the situation more!
I liked working their but felt I never got much support, basically because supervisors did understand what you were talking about! The planning of jobs could be better also!
Terrible place to work
Don't work here! Management yells and swears at you. It's just another place that treats you like garbage and doesn't understand that your life doesn't completely revolve around their company. TRUST ME. DO NOT WORK HERE
Official response from Frontier Power Products
29 November 2019
Frontier takes its responsibilities towards employees seriously, and has reviewed the information shared in this post to ensure every member of our teams continue to be treated with respect and dignity, and in the highest of professional standards. At this time, we have not found any team dynamics that match the experience depicted in this posting. We encourage the author to reach out confidentially to Human Resources with further information.
A terrific place to work.And great people to work with
A typical day would be very busy,My duties would be looking after the mechanical shop as well as the body shop.I learned how to do body estimates aside from my usual duties.Management was friendly
and firm.The hardest part of my job was doing more without enough

staff .
Pros
lunches and get togethers for staff .the staff i worked with
Cons
not enough staff for some jobs
Upper management lacks skill
The job and company used to be amazing, changes came in senior leadership and the company started a downward spiral. Now the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. Run by engineers who haven't the slightest clue. Morale is at an all time low and employees all walk on egg shells while fearing for their jobs. Head office and upper management keep on loading up on employees to make their jobs easier yet cut the staff on the floor. I struggle to see this company ever reach levels of success like it saw in years prior.
Pros
Decent pay and pension
Cons
Senior leadership team
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Frontier Power Products?
A good employer
A typical day at work at Frontier was pretty similar to any other shop I worked in during my 20 years in diesel repair just a little bit tidier and more structured.
Working on interesting builds is a big bonus and the salary and benefits are good.

I'm honestly not surprised to read all the negative reviews about management having only worked in the trades since I was 15, I can say I have never held a job where at least a few guys didn't think they could run the shop better than the managers. Management seemed fair to me.

I liked working at Frontier and if an off the job injury didn't force me into early retirement I'd like to think I'd still be there.
Pros
Good products, good people, good pay
Lacking direction
A job that I love but the atmosphere is less than desirable. Definitely a place to learn engines and generators. I love rebuilding engines and here was a great opportunity.
Pros
good benefits and pension
Cons
upper management fail to lead by example
Great place to work always something new to build
Great place to work, helpfull staff,but operations manager has no skill to be one wish company would fix this issue. Good place to do custom gensets builds and more
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Upper management no good
Could be a great place to work
Good Work atmosphere with good people.
Downfall is management lower and upper level.

Lots of recent turnover and lack of work.

With some changes could be a great place to be.

Pay and benefits are good.
Pros
Good pay and benefits.
Cons
Lack of work make for long boring days.
Good company
Frontier Power products is a very good company to work for. They will show you the skills needed to perform your duties. The staff is easy to work with as well.
Smaller Company with relatively good benefits
Overall for a small company they are pretty good however economic times has forced them to cut staff. I did enjoy my time there.
Pros
Good staff and excellent Product lines
Cons
senior Management
Power Generation Techncian
-always something new to do, never boring
-got to travel to parts of Manitoba and North Western Ontario

-hardest part, having to leave my kids for days at a time, but they understood my job

-best part, I got to know those customers out of the city, how actually requested me specifically to repair something because I have been there and saw their equipment, they request someone they know to get them up and running
Pros
got to manufacture special one off projects
Cons
Management ignor employees, expectations made are not reality
Great Place to Work if you work hard.
Layoffs according to the economy. Good workers don't get the recognition from upper management. Owners and upper management would rather keep inept managers and department heads who rely on the lower paid employees to do their work. Unfortunately this company could do so much better if they got rid of lazy long term employees.
Pros
good hours
Cons
over paid lazy upper managers
Great place to learn new things
Loved the people there. very friendly and giving.
Management was the only thing that brings it down.

Way to much yes sir attitude, scared to take risks.

Fantastic work environment with time to learn new and exciting skills.