Frontier Plumbing & Heating Supply

Frontier Plumbing & Heating Supply Work-life balance reviews

Clear
2.8Pay & benefits

Solid, steady and fast paced environment.

I truly enjoyed my Counter Sales position with Frontier. Life sometimes takes a turn of events and if mine had not I wouldn't have hesitated to stay with the company. I can only speak for my own experience with the Red Deer branch and without hesitation would recommend working for them. Management there has an admirable work ethic and a very good understanding of the company and the level of hard work and commitment that is needed to continue to run at it's best. It is not a job for the fainthearted as it requires close attention to detail and ensuring the orders are done correctly and the customer is pleased. Management strives for this and expects the job is be done right. As they should! Everyone there is so different in personality and that is what makes it such a great team. What you lack someone else most certainly will have and also the other way around. The customers are amazing and knowing you are going to see those familiar faces on a daily makes the job so worth it. The day's fly by and there is never a shortage of things to do! I will miss it very much, and wish everyone from top down the best in life and business!

Pros

Good people, management, fellow employees, fast paced.

Cons

Hour lunch is to long.

23 September 2019
Really appreciate the "thumbs up" review of your time working with the Red Deer team! What you've described is what we continually strive to achieve in all our other branches. The Red Deer team is a great mix of talented people who daily aim to go above and beyond to meet customer expectations. We wish you all the best in the future.

Horrible company to work for.

everyone cares about themselves at that company with stressful environment and no place to grow and you are suppose to learn by yourself or else your co-worker will complain about you.

Joke of a company

Pay sucks,management was the biggest loser of all. Work hard and get cr...ed on. Run fast. Zero advancement. No raises. You do all the heavy work and the old staff,do f.a!!To bad you cant rate a big ZERO!

Pros

Not there 24/7

Cons

Where does one begin?!

11 September 2020
Appreciate you expressing your feelings about us. Your comments have given us pause for thought. There's a lot there. Have ensured local management is aware of your review.

7 October 2020
Feel bad you didn't like working with us. Hope you find someplace that is a better fit for you. The Lethbridge branch has steadily built up its business over the last 5 years. Thank you for your contribution.

You can do better

Do you want to work in a hot and very dusty building, with a haphazardly made "mezzanine" made from particle board, and a leaky roof? Do you want to constantly hit your head on beams and light fixtures because this slap dash structure is built too low? Do you enjoy working with computer software from the 1980's? Do you enjoy an environment where many people aren't expected to do their fair share of work? Do you like having your work day extended, by having a 1hour lunch break? If this sounds like a great atmosphere to you, then you'll love working there!

23 September 2019
Thanks for your review. You leave us with some points to ponder, for sure. The physical plant we know is showing its age in some places which we'll have to keep an eye on. A lot of work has gone into upgrading the computer system and will continue. We've had positive feedback from other staff in the past saying they like the 1 hour lunch break, so a couple of schools of thought on this topic. We'll also put some focus on workload distribution which you mentioned, as well. Appreciate your candour.

Amazing work dynamic, friendly atmosphere, great team

I have only good things to say about working for Frontier. My experience was very positive, and would definitely work for this company again. My position was Administrative Assistant for the Edmonton location. I loved going into work, ready to start my day. The customers were almost always very courteous, warm and sincere. The staff was ( and is) like family to me. Not many places have your entire team back you up if a distasteful situation arises! The management were accommodating and are very passionate with the success of the company, and it was honestly very nice to be able to go to them with any concerns. If you are seeking a great work place, please take consideration of my review. Like everywhere else, you will have amazing work days and bad ones too, but I promise; at the end of the day, there is always a team member willing to help you out, and let you know that you're doing alright. Everyone there is passionate towards the company, and works together to ensure that Frontier stays a positive place to work.

Pros

one hour lunch break, work family atmosphere, good customer clientele

Cons

slow periods can drag

10 September 2019
We really appreciate your positive feedback! Your assessment of your time with our company is balanced and fair. You were a valued team member who will always be welcome back anytime!

Great place to work with opportunities that match what you put into it

Over my years with Frontier I was given plenty of opportunity to advance and succeed. The leadership group has no issue giving opportunities to people that put in the effort and want to be part of the team. I strongly believe with Frontier you get what you put into it, if you show up to work and its "just a job" then you won't be awarded the same opportunities as others. The core of the team in Calgary is young and have all started from entry level positions within the company and I strongly believe they will continue to lead by example for others that are just joining the company. If you are looking for a fun team to work with, opportunities to advance and take on more challenges and responsibility you will find that you will quickly get opportunities as long as you show up to work with a good attitude and work ethic

10 September 2019
Really appreciate your review about your time with Frontier. You've pretty much nailed the prevailing philosophy of our core team. It was employees like you who over the years helped us meet, and exceed, our customers' expectations. Thank you, and all the best for the future!

Great

I liked working in this company. The management and the people were nice to work with. Parking is free for the employees, chance to grow in the company

10 September 2019
Good to know you found your time with Frontier to your liking. We appreciate your comments and will keep them in mind!

I enjoyed my time at Frontier a lot. The leadership cared and my coworkers were great to be around. Busy place and lots to learn when starting out, Frontier works hard to show each person that they are appreciated. I would absolutely recommend!

Pros

Great work environment and excellent management

Cons

N/a

10 September 2019
Thanks for your review!! We are really striving hard to create the work environment you experienced. It means a lot.

10 June 2019
Thanks for your kind words. Glad you found Frontier and it's leadership both caring and supportive. We very much appreciate your endorsement.

extremely high turnaround rate

Was employed here for 5 yrs. Average pay and benefits, Unstable work environment and little to no advancement. The other employees made it a good place to work, not the job itself or the management. family or friends come first here and move up quickly.

Pros

a paycheque and the other employees

Cons

management

10 September 2019
Thanks for sharing your observations. Your message that we have to do a better job of engaging some of our employees, and providing developmental and career opportunities so they can see a path forward, is a good one. Creating the kind of culture where people want to come to work every day, where there is team spirit and harmony, can get lost in the day to day sometimes and needs to remain an priority.

Do not work here

I wish there was a zero to rate this entire company, Please if you are considering taking a job here just move on and find something else.... NOT WORTH YOUR ENERGY

25 March 2019
Sorry you feel this way. Sometimes things just don't work out. Wishing you the very best in the future.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Frontier Plumbing & Heating Supply?

The customers were great.

It was a great place to work but no room to grow with the company. The customers were great to see everyday. Hour lunch was great too. Location was great as well.

Pros

hour lunch

Cons

no room to grow the company

10 September 2019
We understand that sometimes people need to look for other career paths outside if we cannot offer them inside. But we need to ensure we remember to utilize our human talent for our mutual benefit. Thanks for the balanced feedback.

Great place to work, great people!!!

Excellent work environment. People always willing to help you learn and advance. Good Benefits comparable to other places. I love the culture here as you are always treated well and no negativity.

4 January 2019
Thank you for your kind words. We are constantly striving to make our workplace better and more supportive.

Secure job

Good job security but not enough focus on advancement. Pay could be better in supervisory/management positions.

A stable company with the opportunity to grow.

Dedicated, hard working, and personable. I learn systems quickly and really keep an eye to detail. Always give a hundred percent and a very reliable worker.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Frontier Plumbing & Heating Supply. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement