Frontier Plumbing & Heating Supply

Frontier Plumbing & Heating Supply Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
2.8Pay & benefits

Used to be a better place

Used to be a better place but due to "economy" raises were not given for years (not even cost of living increases) some of the management treated staff as peons, and expendable... Some were great (they either changed departments or companies.) Some were cr**, customers were fricken awesome, best part of working there was them. Pros: free donuts on fridays, Free coffee daily Cons: the coffee sucks, lots of other things.

10 September 2019
Thanks for your review. We've noted your comments and appreciate your perspective. Also good to know you enjoyed working with our customers who are pretty awesome!

Joke of a company

Pay sucks,management was the biggest loser of all. Work hard and get cr...ed on. Run fast. Zero advancement. No raises. You do all the heavy work and the old staff,do f.a!!To bad you cant rate a big ZERO!

Pros

Not there 24/7

Cons

Where does one begin?!

11 September 2020
Appreciate you expressing your feelings about us. Your comments have given us pause for thought. There's a lot there. Have ensured local management is aware of your review.

7 October 2020
Feel bad you didn't like working with us. Hope you find someplace that is a better fit for you. The Lethbridge branch has steadily built up its business over the last 5 years. Thank you for your contribution.

A very strict place to work for. No fun or laughter is heard,

I am a very hard worker yet the company expects more from you and are not willing to compensate you for the extra time. It is a family owned business and there is no room for promotion.

11 September 2020
Are we talking about the same company? None of our AP staff have left the company for at least 2-3 years. We are truly sorry you feel this way and hope you will give us another look in the future if the opportunity arises.

typical work, nothing extraordinary

Started off good, management appreciated work done, but over the years, things shifted and people came and went and this company was never the same. Wages were okay, but mandatory health, dental and life insurance were not that great for the premiums that we had to pay.

21 April 2020
We appreciated the work you did in our Yard as part of the Frontier Edmonton team. You endured the elements outside and got the job done. We hear you on the benefit costs and have been monitoring them for opportunities to reduce their cost. Thank you for your service.

I enjoy this work environment

it was only a summer job but it was the best learning experience I could have.i enjoy my time there and the employees were kind to me even tho I was only a kid

Pros

good pay

Cons

not enough work

10 September 2019
Thank you for your kind words about Frontier. We hope you will think about joining us permanently. All the best in your studies or wherever life takes you in the next few months. Stay in touch!

enjoyed working for frontier

great place to work. people are good to work with lot of fun easy going. good training and direction for the job. hours are good and there is over time if you want it

Pros

easy going no presssure

10 September 2019
OK, thanks! We really appreciate your feedback!! We have been working on ensuring our staff get the training they need, and we communicate with everyone and provide direction so it all comes together to get the job done right, on time, the first time.

Speachless

This company doesnt keep their word when it comes to raises, empty promises. "Sorry man, we can't give you your raise we promised you because the economy is bad" many underpaid employees here. Doesnt feel like a family ran company anymore since new management a few months ago. The president is s solid dude but doesnt spend enough time in the warehouse to see what's really going on. They will get you to work extra hours on salary, without getting paid for it and then dock your pay cheque if your late, even know your a salary employee. Would not recommend working here unless your hired as a manager.

Pros

The only pro is moving to outside sales

Cons

Salary, new culture

10 September 2019
Appreciate your comments. Wish you well in whatever the future holds for you.

extremely high turnaround rate

Was employed here for 5 yrs. Average pay and benefits, Unstable work environment and little to no advancement. The other employees made it a good place to work, not the job itself or the management. family or friends come first here and move up quickly.

Pros

a paycheque and the other employees

Cons

management

10 September 2019
Thanks for sharing your observations. Your message that we have to do a better job of engaging some of our employees, and providing developmental and career opportunities so they can see a path forward, is a good one. Creating the kind of culture where people want to come to work every day, where there is team spirit and harmony, can get lost in the day to day sometimes and needs to remain an priority.

Stay away

Family run company, Owner is 80 year old and very old school. Computer system is still DOS based from the eighties. Family of backstabbers while smiling in your face to get more work from you for nothing. They do not even allow or pay for any sick days. Horrible conditions and moral.

Pros

Happy I am not there anymore

Cons

Poor pay, very poor benefits, poor moral.

4 January 2019
Just wanted to clarify the new company president is in his 30's and very team oriented. The entire senior management group, and several branch managers, are mostly "millennials". The computer system has had extensive upgrades in the last few years with the introduction of e-commerce and web portals. Pay and benefits are generally on par with the rest of the wholesale industry based on our research.

Great place to work, great people!!!

Excellent work environment. People always willing to help you learn and advance. Good Benefits comparable to other places. I love the culture here as you are always treated well and no negativity.

4 January 2019
Thank you for your kind words. We are constantly striving to make our workplace better and more supportive.

Horrible place to work

Frontier is a horrible place to work. The turnover rate is about 12 people a year. That would be an entire staff. Management/owner do not care about anyone. Worse company i have ever worked for.

Pros

When you leave

Cons

salary, benefits, work environment, management, just a horrible place to work.

26 March 2019
I am sorry you felt we let you down. Hoping you found another opportunity which was more fulfilling.

Advancement depends on fitting in

A good group but if you don't fit in with the "core" group you wont last long. Management is old school and does not want change. Nice warehouse a lot of product but no way to track completely. Need location codes and equality.

Pros

free coffee

Cons

just about everything

Good Place to Work with Potential To Build a Career

The staff and culture is good. Management is supportive. Salary is on par with other places and benefits are decent. There is opportunity to work your way into different jobs as you learn more about the products.

Pros

Informal atmosphere. Team works hard to get orders filled right. Safe work place

Cons

continue emphasis on cross training and promotion from within

12 December 2019
Thanks, we try to hit these high points but don't always get it right. Appreciate the feedack

28 August 2018
Appreciate the feedback! We'll keep trying to improve the employee experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Frontier Plumbing & Heating Supply. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement