Frontier Plumbing & Heating Supply

Frontier Plumbing & Heating Supply Management reviews

Clear

No comment

You learned more from fellow co-workers than with managers.Employer wanting more from there employees but not willing to put the time into training.

Pros

Co-workers

26 November 2020
Thank you for your review. It is fair to comment that more emphasis be placed on training by the company to ensure staff can succeed. The implementation of regular reviews annually will help. Good to get your feedback.

Horrible Management

The manager here is one of those people that will ask you to do something and then yell at you for doing it. He yelled at me for having a dirty desk when there was one piece of paper on it. ( I was using the paper at the time. ) I would not recommend working here to anybody....

Pros

Cons

The Management

8 October 2020
Hope you find some place that is a better fit for you. Thank you for your observations.

Joke of a company

Pay sucks,management was the biggest loser of all. Work hard and get cr...ed on. Run fast. Zero advancement. No raises. You do all the heavy work and the old staff,do f.a!!To bad you cant rate a big ZERO!

Pros

Not there 24/7

Cons

Where does one begin?!

11 September 2020
Appreciate you expressing your feelings about us. Your comments have given us pause for thought. There's a lot there. Have ensured local management is aware of your review.

7 October 2020
Feel bad you didn't like working with us. Hope you find someplace that is a better fit for you. The Lethbridge branch has steadily built up its business over the last 5 years. Thank you for your contribution.

typical work, nothing extraordinary

Started off good, management appreciated work done, but over the years, things shifted and people came and went and this company was never the same. Wages were okay, but mandatory health, dental and life insurance were not that great for the premiums that we had to pay.

21 April 2020
We appreciated the work you did in our Yard as part of the Frontier Edmonton team. You endured the elements outside and got the job done. We hear you on the benefit costs and have been monitoring them for opportunities to reduce their cost. Thank you for your service.

Solid, steady and fast paced environment.

I truly enjoyed my Counter Sales position with Frontier. Life sometimes takes a turn of events and if mine had not I wouldn't have hesitated to stay with the company. I can only speak for my own experience with the Red Deer branch and without hesitation would recommend working for them. Management there has an admirable work ethic and a very good understanding of the company and the level of hard work and commitment that is needed to continue to run at it's best. It is not a job for the fainthearted as it requires close attention to detail and ensuring the orders are done correctly and the customer is pleased. Management strives for this and expects the job is be done right. As they should! Everyone there is so different in personality and that is what makes it such a great team. What you lack someone else most certainly will have and also the other way around. The customers are amazing and knowing you are going to see those familiar faces on a daily makes the job so worth it. The day's fly by and there is never a shortage of things to do! I will miss it very much, and wish everyone from top down the best in life and business!

Pros

Good people, management, fellow employees, fast paced.

Cons

Hour lunch is to long.

23 September 2019
Really appreciate the "thumbs up" review of your time working with the Red Deer team! What you've described is what we continually strive to achieve in all our other branches. The Red Deer team is a great mix of talented people who daily aim to go above and beyond to meet customer expectations. We wish you all the best in the future.

Amazing work dynamic, friendly atmosphere, great team

I have only good things to say about working for Frontier. My experience was very positive, and would definitely work for this company again. My position was Administrative Assistant for the Edmonton location. I loved going into work, ready to start my day. The customers were almost always very courteous, warm and sincere. The staff was ( and is) like family to me. Not many places have your entire team back you up if a distasteful situation arises! The management were accommodating and are very passionate with the success of the company, and it was honestly very nice to be able to go to them with any concerns. If you are seeking a great work place, please take consideration of my review. Like everywhere else, you will have amazing work days and bad ones too, but I promise; at the end of the day, there is always a team member willing to help you out, and let you know that you're doing alright. Everyone there is passionate towards the company, and works together to ensure that Frontier stays a positive place to work.

Pros

one hour lunch break, work family atmosphere, good customer clientele

Cons

slow periods can drag

10 September 2019
We really appreciate your positive feedback! Your assessment of your time with our company is balanced and fair. You were a valued team member who will always be welcome back anytime!

Used to be a better place

Used to be a better place but due to "economy" raises were not given for years (not even cost of living increases) some of the management treated staff as peons, and expendable... Some were great (they either changed departments or companies.) Some were cr**, customers were fricken awesome, best part of working there was them. Pros: free donuts on fridays, Free coffee daily Cons: the coffee sucks, lots of other things.

10 September 2019
Thanks for your review. We've noted your comments and appreciate your perspective. Also good to know you enjoyed working with our customers who are pretty awesome!

Great

I liked working in this company. The management and the people were nice to work with. Parking is free for the employees, chance to grow in the company

10 September 2019
Good to know you found your time with Frontier to your liking. We appreciate your comments and will keep them in mind!

Speachless

This company doesnt keep their word when it comes to raises, empty promises. "Sorry man, we can't give you your raise we promised you because the economy is bad" many underpaid employees here. Doesnt feel like a family ran company anymore since new management a few months ago. The president is s solid dude but doesnt spend enough time in the warehouse to see what's really going on. They will get you to work extra hours on salary, without getting paid for it and then dock your pay cheque if your late, even know your a salary employee. Would not recommend working here unless your hired as a manager.

Pros

The only pro is moving to outside sales

Cons

Salary, new culture

10 September 2019
Appreciate your comments. Wish you well in whatever the future holds for you.

I enjoyed my time at Frontier a lot. The leadership cared and my coworkers were great to be around. Busy place and lots to learn when starting out, Frontier works hard to show each person that they are appreciated. I would absolutely recommend!

Pros

Great work environment and excellent management

Cons

N/a

10 September 2019
Thanks for your review!! We are really striving hard to create the work environment you experienced. It means a lot.

10 June 2019
Thanks for your kind words. Glad you found Frontier and it's leadership both caring and supportive. We very much appreciate your endorsement.

extremely high turnaround rate

Was employed here for 5 yrs. Average pay and benefits, Unstable work environment and little to no advancement. The other employees made it a good place to work, not the job itself or the management. family or friends come first here and move up quickly.

Pros

a paycheque and the other employees

Cons

management

10 September 2019
Thanks for sharing your observations. Your message that we have to do a better job of engaging some of our employees, and providing developmental and career opportunities so they can see a path forward, is a good one. Creating the kind of culture where people want to come to work every day, where there is team spirit and harmony, can get lost in the day to day sometimes and needs to remain an priority.

Do not work here

Worst company I've ever worked for..... Runnnnn If you want to get fired for nothing by all mens take a job at frontier, butyou will not last long i promise...

26 March 2019
The true test of someone's character is how an individual reacts when a tough business decision has to be made. Professionalism will always carry more weight with others. We wish you well in your job search for another role.

Run away

Horrible. Almost every guy that works here hits on you and is very creepy. Especially the management. But if you play along you can keep your job until something better comes along.

Pros

1 hour lunch

Cons

Disgusting place

6 March 2019
Our company has policies in place to ensure unacceptable behaviour such as you mention is stopped. Was unaware you felt this way. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Old School

Old school ways of management, owner will fire you for any reason. if your face fits you are good if not then you're out. broken promises of advancement and pay increases

Stay away

Family run company, Owner is 80 year old and very old school. Computer system is still DOS based from the eighties. Family of backstabbers while smiling in your face to get more work from you for nothing. They do not even allow or pay for any sick days. Horrible conditions and moral.

Pros

Happy I am not there anymore

Cons

Poor pay, very poor benefits, poor moral.

4 January 2019
Just wanted to clarify the new company president is in his 30's and very team oriented. The entire senior management group, and several branch managers, are mostly "millennials". The computer system has had extensive upgrades in the last few years with the introduction of e-commerce and web portals. Pay and benefits are generally on par with the rest of the wholesale industry based on our research.

help

needs help really with the management they are very unorganized in the front office and warehouse area I really love the people there though especially the warehouse manager Ryan

29 March 2019
The Edmonton branches have a great vibe! The managers are supportive and staff really get along well. Not to say there are some things to improve upon, as there always are, as you point out. We encourage staff input and want to up our game in terms of understanding their concerns. It's a bit of a family type feel but can pivot to being all business to ensure we continue to deliver stellar customer service.

Fun Place to Work

Wage is not great but people and culture is fantastic. One of the best places to work in terms of people, culture and management. Most everyone is nice and there to help when needed

Pros

Great work culture

Cons

low wage

9 May 2019
Thank you for your comments about the positive employment experience in Edmonton. Several other staff have said they feel the same way.

Good place to work, great casual atmosphere and family feel

Frontier was a good place to work, I spent many years there and enjoyed my time there immensely. They invested in me and I felt that I had every opportunity to advance. My main critique would be that it is lacking some structure (regular reviews, cost of living increases...etc) however I know that is a primary focus of the new management at the branch now. If you are looking for a good team atmosphere and a place to advance I think you'll be happy here.

Pros

Weekends off (except for occasional Saturday morning), decent pay, team atmosphere

Cons

Lacking basic structure, terrible building

15 March 2018
Thank you for your thoughtful, balanced review. Several of points you make are being addressed this year.

Crew I worked with was amazing and friendly, management also was very kind and helpful! Very nice family atmosphere to say the least, would definitely recommend as a place of work

22 April 2020
Thank you. The Saskatoon team wanted to extend their gratitude for your contribution.

Horrible place to work

Frontier is a horrible place to work. The turnover rate is about 12 people a year. That would be an entire staff. Management/owner do not care about anyone. Worse company i have ever worked for.

Pros

When you leave

Cons

salary, benefits, work environment, management, just a horrible place to work.

26 March 2019
I am sorry you felt we let you down. Hoping you found another opportunity which was more fulfilling.

Advancement depends on fitting in

A good group but if you don't fit in with the "core" group you wont last long. Management is old school and does not want change. Nice warehouse a lot of product but no way to track completely. Need location codes and equality.

Pros

free coffee

Cons

just about everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Frontier Plumbing & Heating Supply. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement