Frontier Plumbing & Heating Supply

Frontier Plumbing & Heating Supply Job security & advancement reviews

Clear
2.8Job security & advancement

Used to be a better place

Used to be a better place but due to "economy" raises were not given for years (not even cost of living increases) some of the management treated staff as peons, and expendable... Some were great (they either changed departments or companies.) Some were cr**, customers were fricken awesome, best part of working there was them. Pros: free donuts on fridays, Free coffee daily Cons: the coffee sucks, lots of other things.

10 September 2019
Thanks for your review. We've noted your comments and appreciate your perspective. Also good to know you enjoyed working with our customers who are pretty awesome!

Horrible company to work for.

everyone cares about themselves at that company with stressful environment and no place to grow and you are suppose to learn by yourself or else your co-worker will complain about you.

Joke of a company

Pay sucks,management was the biggest loser of all. Work hard and get cr...ed on. Run fast. Zero advancement. No raises. You do all the heavy work and the old staff,do f.a!!To bad you cant rate a big ZERO!

Pros

Not there 24/7

Cons

Where does one begin?!

11 September 2020
Appreciate you expressing your feelings about us. Your comments have given us pause for thought. There's a lot there. Have ensured local management is aware of your review.

7 October 2020
Feel bad you didn't like working with us. Hope you find someplace that is a better fit for you. The Lethbridge branch has steadily built up its business over the last 5 years. Thank you for your contribution.

A very strict place to work for. No fun or laughter is heard,

I am a very hard worker yet the company expects more from you and are not willing to compensate you for the extra time. It is a family owned business and there is no room for promotion.

11 September 2020
Are we talking about the same company? None of our AP staff have left the company for at least 2-3 years. We are truly sorry you feel this way and hope you will give us another look in the future if the opportunity arises.

Great place to work with opportunities that match what you put into it

Over my years with Frontier I was given plenty of opportunity to advance and succeed. The leadership group has no issue giving opportunities to people that put in the effort and want to be part of the team. I strongly believe with Frontier you get what you put into it, if you show up to work and its "just a job" then you won't be awarded the same opportunities as others. The core of the team in Calgary is young and have all started from entry level positions within the company and I strongly believe they will continue to lead by example for others that are just joining the company. If you are looking for a fun team to work with, opportunities to advance and take on more challenges and responsibility you will find that you will quickly get opportunities as long as you show up to work with a good attitude and work ethic

10 September 2019
Really appreciate your review about your time with Frontier. You've pretty much nailed the prevailing philosophy of our core team. It was employees like you who over the years helped us meet, and exceed, our customers' expectations. Thank you, and all the best for the future!

Micromanaged sinkhole

No worse feeling than knowing your permanent position is extremely temporary. A place where the all the plumbing and heating companies know that you will only be employed there 6-8 months so they won't work with you because of that. Good luck to anyone that applies to work here. The Regina and Saskatoon staff are great it's head office in Calgary that makes this micromanaged company a real sink hole to work for. Even the counter staff fear making the smallest error for fear that thier position will be terminated at any moment.

10 September 2019
OK, appreciate your candour. You have captured some concerns other former employees have expressed about our company. Others have much different opinions. We have a new branch manager and energetic, new leadership team at Head Office who we believe will bring a different approach and style to how we do business in Regina. And, yes, the Regina and Saskatoon teams really step up to meet our customer needs . . .totally agree they are "great"!!

Great

I liked working in this company. The management and the people were nice to work with. Parking is free for the employees, chance to grow in the company

10 September 2019
Good to know you found your time with Frontier to your liking. We appreciate your comments and will keep them in mind!

Speachless

This company doesnt keep their word when it comes to raises, empty promises. "Sorry man, we can't give you your raise we promised you because the economy is bad" many underpaid employees here. Doesnt feel like a family ran company anymore since new management a few months ago. The president is s solid dude but doesnt spend enough time in the warehouse to see what's really going on. They will get you to work extra hours on salary, without getting paid for it and then dock your pay cheque if your late, even know your a salary employee. Would not recommend working here unless your hired as a manager.

Pros

The only pro is moving to outside sales

Cons

Salary, new culture

10 September 2019
Appreciate your comments. Wish you well in whatever the future holds for you.

extremely high turnaround rate

Was employed here for 5 yrs. Average pay and benefits, Unstable work environment and little to no advancement. The other employees made it a good place to work, not the job itself or the management. family or friends come first here and move up quickly.

Pros

a paycheque and the other employees

Cons

management

10 September 2019
Thanks for sharing your observations. Your message that we have to do a better job of engaging some of our employees, and providing developmental and career opportunities so they can see a path forward, is a good one. Creating the kind of culture where people want to come to work every day, where there is team spirit and harmony, can get lost in the day to day sometimes and needs to remain an priority.

Do not work here

Worst company I've ever worked for..... Runnnnn If you want to get fired for nothing by all mens take a job at frontier, butyou will not last long i promise...

26 March 2019
The true test of someone's character is how an individual reacts when a tough business decision has to be made. Professionalism will always carry more weight with others. We wish you well in your job search for another role.

The customers were great.

It was a great place to work but no room to grow with the company. The customers were great to see everyday. Hour lunch was great too. Location was great as well.

Pros

hour lunch

Cons

no room to grow the company

10 September 2019
We understand that sometimes people need to look for other career paths outside if we cannot offer them inside. But we need to ensure we remember to utilize our human talent for our mutual benefit. Thanks for the balanced feedback.

great people at a family owned business

overall i would say my experience at frontier was good.Left behind a lot of people i consider friends including past and present employees.I can surely say that i learned tons about plumbing and the plumbing industry.

28 March 2019
We truly appreciated having you on the team for the time you were with us. All the best for the future.

Old School

Old school ways of management, owner will fire you for any reason. if your face fits you are good if not then you're out. broken promises of advancement and pay increases

Great place to work, great people!!!

Excellent work environment. People always willing to help you learn and advance. Good Benefits comparable to other places. I love the culture here as you are always treated well and no negativity.

4 January 2019
Thank you for your kind words. We are constantly striving to make our workplace better and more supportive.

Negative and Central Controlled

Basically this company is ran out of Calgary. Alberta staff look at Saskatchewan staff as a lesser mind set and everything must be approved my Head Office.

9 May 2019
Centralized approval procedures through a head office are not uncommon to ensure consistency. However, the markets are different in each of Regina, Saskatoon, Calgary, Edmonton, Lethbridge and Red Deer where our branches are located. We don't always get the product mix right but really appreciate the ongoing feedback from staff when we need to look at more effective ways of doing business in each community.

Good Place to Work with Potential To Build a Career

The staff and culture is good. Management is supportive. Salary is on par with other places and benefits are decent. There is opportunity to work your way into different jobs as you learn more about the products.

Pros

Informal atmosphere. Team works hard to get orders filled right. Safe work place

Cons

continue emphasis on cross training and promotion from within

12 December 2019
Thanks, we try to hit these high points but don't always get it right. Appreciate the feedack

28 August 2018
Appreciate the feedback! We'll keep trying to improve the employee experience.

Secure job

Good job security but not enough focus on advancement. Pay could be better in supervisory/management positions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Frontier Plumbing & Heating Supply. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement

Compare Frontier Plumbing & Heating Supply with

• Frontier Plumbing & Heating Supply
  • Job Security & Advancement
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?