Frontier Plumbing & Heating Supply

Frontier Plumbing & Heating Supply Culture reviews

Clear

No comment

You learned more from fellow co-workers than with managers.Employer wanting more from there employees but not willing to put the time into training.

Pros

Co-workers

26 November 2020
Thank you for your review. It is fair to comment that more emphasis be placed on training by the company to ensure staff can succeed. The implementation of regular reviews annually will help. Good to get your feedback.

Speachless

This company doesnt keep their word when it comes to raises, empty promises. "Sorry man, we can't give you your raise we promised you because the economy is bad" many underpaid employees here. Doesnt feel like a family ran company anymore since new management a few months ago. The president is s solid dude but doesnt spend enough time in the warehouse to see what's really going on. They will get you to work extra hours on salary, without getting paid for it and then dock your pay cheque if your late, even know your a salary employee. Would not recommend working here unless your hired as a manager.

Pros

The only pro is moving to outside sales

Cons

Salary, new culture

10 September 2019
Appreciate your comments. Wish you well in whatever the future holds for you.

I enjoyed my time at Frontier a lot. The leadership cared and my coworkers were great to be around. Busy place and lots to learn when starting out, Frontier works hard to show each person that they are appreciated. I would absolutely recommend!

Pros

Great work environment and excellent management

Cons

N/a

10 September 2019
Thanks for your review!! We are really striving hard to create the work environment you experienced. It means a lot.

10 June 2019
Thanks for your kind words. Glad you found Frontier and it's leadership both caring and supportive. We very much appreciate your endorsement.

Great place to work, great people!!!

Excellent work environment. People always willing to help you learn and advance. Good Benefits comparable to other places. I love the culture here as you are always treated well and no negativity.

4 January 2019
Thank you for your kind words. We are constantly striving to make our workplace better and more supportive.

Run run far and fast

Not a place I enjoyed working too much as it is a family operated.... if your not part of the family your expendable all the warnings before are all very true

6 March 2019
It is unfortunate you felt this way about your time at Frontier. We appreciated your contributions in the showroom while employed with us, as other employees have conveyed. Wishing you well in your new endeavours.

was a great place to work

was a great place to work, great staff, great energy. they were always looking to promote from within whenever possible. for the most part training was adequate.

22 April 2020
Thanks for your balanced assessment of your time at Frontier. We really appreciated you being on the team. Your contributions were valued.

Fun Place to Work

Wage is not great but people and culture is fantastic. One of the best places to work in terms of people, culture and management. Most everyone is nice and there to help when needed

Pros

Great work culture

Cons

low wage

9 May 2019
Thank you for your comments about the positive employment experience in Edmonton. Several other staff have said they feel the same way.

Crew I worked with was amazing and friendly, management also was very kind and helpful! Very nice family atmosphere to say the least, would definitely recommend as a place of work

22 April 2020
Thank you. The Saskatoon team wanted to extend their gratitude for your contribution.

busy office

Busy wholesale location where multi tasking is required. Great atmosphere, friendly staff who are willing to help whenever required. Safety is always put first.

9 May 2019
Well, thank you! Health and safety is one of our core values and we consistently try to reinforce if something is unsafe or not working we will fix it, replace it or take it out of service so no one is hurt. Regular input from staff, either at our regular health and safety meetings, or day to day between each other and their supervisor, makes a big difference in ensuring a hazard free workplace.

Great work place

Its a great place to work. The hours a good. The people i work with are great. But I am not learning anything new in the past year. I really like the customers.

22 April 2020
Thanks for the review. Hoping you are learning a few more things and have had an opportunity to grow your career with the company.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Frontier Plumbing & Heating Supply?

Good Place to Work with Potential To Build a Career

The staff and culture is good. Management is supportive. Salary is on par with other places and benefits are decent. There is opportunity to work your way into different jobs as you learn more about the products.

Pros

Informal atmosphere. Team works hard to get orders filled right. Safe work place

Cons

continue emphasis on cross training and promotion from within

12 December 2019
Thanks, we try to hit these high points but don't always get it right. Appreciate the feedack

28 August 2018
Appreciate the feedback! We'll keep trying to improve the employee experience.

Great pay if you can avoid the backstabbers

If you fit in with the "core" group it could be a decent job. Negative reinforcement abounds, you are only as good as your last mistake. They lie to your face and then tell you what a great place it is. A definite them and us culture of mistrust and favoritism.

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

manditory saturday w/straight pay, negative culture of management

28 March 2016
Other employees have had positive experience with Frontier. I find it a supportive environment with opportunities for challenging, interesting work.

25 March 2019
3 years has elapsed since this comment and a new management team is now in place. There is a renewed emphasis on listening, looking for staff input and discussing career prospects. Each of the staff are respected and encouraged to discuss any concerns with management. Our team works well together and has a common goal of serving our customers as best we can.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Frontier Plumbing & Heating Supply. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement