Frontier Plumbing & Heating Supply logo
Frontier Plumbing & Heating Supply

Frontier Plumbing & Heating Supply Employee Reviews

No comment

You learned more from fellow co-workers than with managers.Employer wanting more from there employees but not willing to put the time into training.

Pros

Co-workers

26 November 2020
Thank you for your review. It is fair to comment that more emphasis be placed on training by the company to ensure staff can succeed. The implementation of regular reviews annually will help. Good to get your feedback.

Horrible company to work for.

everyone cares about themselves at that company with stressful environment and no place to grow and you are suppose to learn by yourself or else your co-worker will complain about you.

Horrible Management

The manager here is one of those people that will ask you to do something and then yell at you for doing it. He yelled at me for having a dirty desk when there was one piece of paper on it. ( I was using the paper at the time. ) I would not recommend working here to anybody....

Pros

Cons

The Management

8 October 2020
Hope you find some place that is a better fit for you. Thank you for your observations.

Joke of a company

Pay sucks,management was the biggest loser of all. Work hard and get cr...ed on. Run fast. Zero advancement. No raises. You do all the heavy work and the old staff,do f.a!!To bad you cant rate a big ZERO!

Pros

Not there 24/7

Cons

Where does one begin?!

11 September 2020
Appreciate you expressing your feelings about us. Your comments have given us pause for thought. There's a lot there. Have ensured local management is aware of your review.

7 October 2020
Feel bad you didn't like working with us. Hope you find someplace that is a better fit for you. The Lethbridge branch has steadily built up its business over the last 5 years. Thank you for your contribution.

A very strict place to work for. No fun or laughter is heard,

I am a very hard worker yet the company expects more from you and are not willing to compensate you for the extra time. It is a family owned business and there is no room for promotion.

11 September 2020
Are we talking about the same company? None of our AP staff have left the company for at least 2-3 years. We are truly sorry you feel this way and hope you will give us another look in the future if the opportunity arises.

typical work, nothing extraordinary

Started off good, management appreciated work done, but over the years, things shifted and people came and went and this company was never the same. Wages were okay, but mandatory health, dental and life insurance were not that great for the premiums that we had to pay.

21 April 2020
We appreciated the work you did in our Yard as part of the Frontier Edmonton team. You endured the elements outside and got the job done. We hear you on the benefit costs and have been monitoring them for opportunities to reduce their cost. Thank you for your service.

Data entry, phone duties , accounts payable and a good bit of other jobs. The customers were amazing to deal and made the job worth it.

I absolutely loved my job and the customers who I developed life long bonds with. In my position I delt with people in different areas with all the branches and many in head office. Everyone was fantastic to work with and I'm thankful for our laughs.One continually ignorant and lazy coworker is why I left. Customer service is not her thing with how poorly she treats coworkers and customers

21 April 2020
Thank you for your generally upbeat review of your time working with the Frontier team in Red Deer. We appreciated your contribution very much. Your comment about customer service caught our eye as we pride ourselves on going above and beyond for them each and every day.

You can do better

Do you want to work in a hot and very dusty building, with a haphazardly made "mezzanine" made from particle board, and a leaky roof? Do you want to constantly hit your head on beams and light fixtures because this slap dash structure is built too low? Do you enjoy working with computer software from the 1980's? Do you enjoy an environment where many people aren't expected to do their fair share of work? Do you like having your work day extended, by having a 1hour lunch break? If this sounds like a great atmosphere to you, then you'll love working there!

23 September 2019
Thanks for your review. You leave us with some points to ponder, for sure. The physical plant we know is showing its age in some places which we'll have to keep an eye on. A lot of work has gone into upgrading the computer system and will continue. We've had positive feedback from other staff in the past saying they like the 1 hour lunch break, so a couple of schools of thought on this topic. We'll also put some focus on workload distribution which you mentioned, as well. Appreciate your candour.

Solid, steady and fast paced environment.

I truly enjoyed my Counter Sales position with Frontier. Life sometimes takes a turn of events and if mine had not I wouldn't have hesitated to stay with the company. I can only speak for my own experience with the Red Deer branch and without hesitation would recommend working for them. Management there has an admirable work ethic and a very good understanding of the company and the level of hard work and commitment that is needed to continue to run at it's best. It is not a job for the fainthearted as it requires close attention to detail and ensuring the orders are done correctly and the customer is pleased. Management strives for this and expects the job is be done right. As they should! Everyone there is so different in personality and that is what makes it such a great team. What you lack someone else most certainly will have and also the other way around. The customers are amazing and knowing you are going to see those familiar faces on a daily makes the job so worth it. The day's fly by and there is never a shortage of things to do! I will miss it very much, and wish everyone from top down the best in life and business!

Pros

Good people, management, fellow employees, fast paced.

Cons

Hour lunch is to long.

23 September 2019
Really appreciate the "thumbs up" review of your time working with the Red Deer team! What you've described is what we continually strive to achieve in all our other branches. The Red Deer team is a great mix of talented people who daily aim to go above and beyond to meet customer expectations. We wish you all the best in the future.

Amazing work dynamic, friendly atmosphere, great team

I have only good things to say about working for Frontier. My experience was very positive, and would definitely work for this company again. My position was Administrative Assistant for the Edmonton location. I loved going into work, ready to start my day. The customers were almost always very courteous, warm and sincere. The staff was ( and is) like family to me. Not many places have your entire team back you up if a distasteful situation arises! The management were accommodating and are very passionate with the success of the company, and it was honestly very nice to be able to go to them with any concerns. If you are seeking a great work place, please take consideration of my review. Like everywhere else, you will have amazing work days and bad ones too, but I promise; at the end of the day, there is always a team member willing to help you out, and let you know that you're doing alright. Everyone there is passionate towards the company, and works together to ensure that Frontier stays a positive place to work.

Pros

one hour lunch break, work family atmosphere, good customer clientele

Cons

slow periods can drag

10 September 2019
We really appreciate your positive feedback! Your assessment of your time with our company is balanced and fair. You were a valued team member who will always be welcome back anytime!

Used to be a better place

Used to be a better place but due to "economy" raises were not given for years (not even cost of living increases) some of the management treated staff as peons, and expendable... Some were great (they either changed departments or companies.) Some were cr**, customers were fricken awesome, best part of working there was them. Pros: free donuts on fridays, Free coffee daily Cons: the coffee sucks, lots of other things.

10 September 2019
Thanks for your review. We've noted your comments and appreciate your perspective. Also good to know you enjoyed working with our customers who are pretty awesome!

Great place to work with opportunities that match what you put into it

Over my years with Frontier I was given plenty of opportunity to advance and succeed. The leadership group has no issue giving opportunities to people that put in the effort and want to be part of the team. I strongly believe with Frontier you get what you put into it, if you show up to work and its "just a job" then you won't be awarded the same opportunities as others. The core of the team in Calgary is young and have all started from entry level positions within the company and I strongly believe they will continue to lead by example for others that are just joining the company. If you are looking for a fun team to work with, opportunities to advance and take on more challenges and responsibility you will find that you will quickly get opportunities as long as you show up to work with a good attitude and work ethic

10 September 2019
Really appreciate your review about your time with Frontier. You've pretty much nailed the prevailing philosophy of our core team. It was employees like you who over the years helped us meet, and exceed, our customers' expectations. Thank you, and all the best for the future!

I enjoy this work environment

it was only a summer job but it was the best learning experience I could have.i enjoy my time there and the employees were kind to me even tho I was only a kid

Pros

good pay

Cons

not enough work

10 September 2019
Thank you for your kind words about Frontier. We hope you will think about joining us permanently. All the best in your studies or wherever life takes you in the next few months. Stay in touch!

Micromanaged sinkhole

No worse feeling than knowing your permanent position is extremely temporary. A place where the all the plumbing and heating companies know that you will only be employed there 6-8 months so they won't work with you because of that. Good luck to anyone that applies to work here. The Regina and Saskatoon staff are great it's head office in Calgary that makes this micromanaged company a real sink hole to work for. Even the counter staff fear making the smallest error for fear that thier position will be terminated at any moment.

10 September 2019
OK, appreciate your candour. You have captured some concerns other former employees have expressed about our company. Others have much different opinions. We have a new branch manager and energetic, new leadership team at Head Office who we believe will bring a different approach and style to how we do business in Regina. And, yes, the Regina and Saskatoon teams really step up to meet our customer needs . . .totally agree they are "great"!!

enjoyed working for frontier

great place to work. people are good to work with lot of fun easy going. good training and direction for the job. hours are good and there is over time if you want it

Pros

easy going no presssure

10 September 2019
OK, thanks! We really appreciate your feedback!! We have been working on ensuring our staff get the training they need, and we communicate with everyone and provide direction so it all comes together to get the job done right, on time, the first time.

Great

I liked working in this company. The management and the people were nice to work with. Parking is free for the employees, chance to grow in the company

10 September 2019
Good to know you found your time with Frontier to your liking. We appreciate your comments and will keep them in mind!

Speachless

This company doesnt keep their word when it comes to raises, empty promises. "Sorry man, we can't give you your raise we promised you because the economy is bad" many underpaid employees here. Doesnt feel like a family ran company anymore since new management a few months ago. The president is s solid dude but doesnt spend enough time in the warehouse to see what's really going on. They will get you to work extra hours on salary, without getting paid for it and then dock your pay cheque if your late, even know your a salary employee. Would not recommend working here unless your hired as a manager.

Pros

The only pro is moving to outside sales

Cons

Salary, new culture

10 September 2019
Appreciate your comments. Wish you well in whatever the future holds for you.

I enjoyed my time at Frontier a lot. The leadership cared and my coworkers were great to be around. Busy place and lots to learn when starting out, Frontier works hard to show each person that they are appreciated. I would absolutely recommend!

Pros

Great work environment and excellent management

Cons

N/a

10 September 2019
Thanks for your review!! We are really striving hard to create the work environment you experienced. It means a lot.

10 June 2019
Thanks for your kind words. Glad you found Frontier and it's leadership both caring and supportive. We very much appreciate your endorsement.

extremely high turnaround rate

Was employed here for 5 yrs. Average pay and benefits, Unstable work environment and little to no advancement. The other employees made it a good place to work, not the job itself or the management. family or friends come first here and move up quickly.

Pros

a paycheque and the other employees

Cons

management

10 September 2019
Thanks for sharing your observations. Your message that we have to do a better job of engaging some of our employees, and providing developmental and career opportunities so they can see a path forward, is a good one. Creating the kind of culture where people want to come to work every day, where there is team spirit and harmony, can get lost in the day to day sometimes and needs to remain an priority.

My time at Frontier was good even though it wasn't for me in the end. Definitely recommend if warehousing is your thing. The leadership is exemplary and definitely cares about it's people.

Pros

Great place to be

10 September 2019
Value your feedback very much. Thanks very much for sharing your impressions of your time with Frontier in Calgary.

Do not work here

I wish there was a zero to rate this entire company, Please if you are considering taking a job here just move on and find something else.... NOT WORTH YOUR ENERGY

25 March 2019
Sorry you feel this way. Sometimes things just don't work out. Wishing you the very best in the future.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Frontier Plumbing & Heating Supply. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement