Frontier Plumbing & Heating Supply Employee Reviews

Great
Warehouse Associate and Front Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 June 2019
I liked working in this company. The management and the people were nice to work with. Parking is free for the employees, chance to grow in the company
Inside Sales/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 June 2019
I enjoyed my time at Frontier a lot. The leadership cared and my coworkers were great to be around. Busy place and lots to learn when starting out, Frontier works hard to show each person that they are appreciated.

I would absolutely recommend!
Pros
Great work environment and excellent management
Cons
N/a
10 June 2019

Thanks for your kind words. Glad you found Frontier and it's leadership both caring and supportive. We very much appreciate your endorsement.

Do not work here
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 March 2019
I wish there was a zero to rate this entire company,
Please if you are considering taking a job here just move on and find something else....

NOT WORTH YOUR ENERGY
25 March 2019

Sorry you feel this way. Sometimes things just don't work out. Wishing you the very best in the future.

Do not work here
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary4 March 2019
Worst company I've ever worked for.....

Runnnnn

If you want to get fired for nothing by all mens take a job at frontier,
butyou will not last long i promise...
26 March 2019

The true test of someone's character is how an individual reacts when a tough business decision has to be made. Professionalism will always carry more weight with others. We wish you well in your job search for another role.

The customers were great.
Office Executive Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 January 2019
It was a great place to work but no room to grow with the company. The customers were great to see everyday. Hour lunch was great too. Location was great as well.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
no room to grow the company
Run away
Showroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 December 2018
Horrible. Almost every guy that works here hits on you and is very creepy. Especially the management. But if you play along you can keep your job until something better comes along.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
Disgusting place
6 March 2019

Our company has policies in place to ensure unacceptable behaviour such as you mention is stopped. Was unaware you felt this way. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

great people at a family owned business
Lead Hand Receiving (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 October 2018
overall i would say my experience at frontier was good.Left behind a lot of people i consider friends including past and present employees.I can surely say that i learned tons about plumbing and the plumbing industry.
28 March 2019

We truly appreciated having you on the team for the time you were with us. All the best for the future.

Old School
Shipping (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 October 2018
Old school ways of management, owner will fire you for any reason. if your face fits you are good if not then you're out. broken promises of advancement and pay increases
Stay away
Management (Former Employee) –  Calgary20 September 2018
Family run company, Owner is 80 year old and very old school. Computer system is still DOS based from the eighties. Family of backstabbers while smiling in your face to get more work from you for nothing. They do not even allow or pay for any sick days. Horrible conditions and moral.
Pros
Happy I am not there anymore
Cons
Poor pay, very poor benefits, poor moral.
4 January 2019

Just wanted to clarify the new company president is in his 30's and very team oriented. The entire senior management group, and several branch managers, are mostly "millennials". The computer system has had extensive upgrades in the last few years with the introduction of e-commerce and web portals. Pay and benefits are generally on par with the rest of the wholesale industry based on our research.

help
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 August 2018
needs help really with the management they are very unorganized in the front office and warehouse area I really love the people there though especially the warehouse manager Ryan
29 March 2019

The Edmonton branches have a great vibe! The managers are supportive and staff really get along well. Not to say there are some things to improve upon, as there always are, as you point out. We encourage staff input and want to up our game in terms of understanding their concerns. It's a bit of a family type feel but can pivot to being all business to ensure we continue to deliver stellar customer service.

Great place to work, great people!!!
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 August 2018
Excellent work environment. People always willing to help you learn and advance. Good Benefits comparable to other places. I love the culture here as you are always treated well and no negativity.
4 January 2019

Thank you for your kind words. We are constantly striving to make our workplace better and more supportive.

Run run far and fast
Showroom Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 May 2018
Not a place I enjoyed working too much as it is a family operated.... if your not part of the family your expendable all the warnings before are all very true
6 March 2019

It is unfortunate you felt this way about your time at Frontier. We appreciated your contributions in the showroom while employed with us, as other employees have conveyed. Wishing you well in your new endeavours.

Negative and Central Controlled
Quotations/inside sales (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK18 April 2018
Basically this company is ran out of Calgary. Alberta staff look at Saskatchewan staff as a lesser mind set and everything must be approved my Head Office.
9 May 2019

Centralized approval procedures through a head office are not uncommon to ensure consistency. However, the markets are different in each of Regina, Saskatoon, Calgary, Edmonton, Lethbridge and Red Deer where our branches are located. We don't always get the product mix right but really appreciate the ongoing feedback from staff when we need to look at more effective ways of doing business in each community.

Fun Place to Work
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 February 2018
Wage is not great but people and culture is fantastic. One of the best places to work in terms of people, culture and management. Most everyone is nice and there to help when needed
Pros
Great work culture
Cons
low wage
9 May 2019

Thank you for your comments about the positive employment experience in Edmonton. Several other staff have said they feel the same way.

Good place to work, great casual atmosphere and family feel
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 December 2017
Frontier was a good place to work, I spent many years there and enjoyed my time there immensely. They invested in me and I felt that I had every opportunity to advance. My main critique would be that it is lacking some structure (regular reviews, cost of living increases...etc) however I know that is a primary focus of the new management at the branch now. If you are looking for a good team atmosphere and a place to advance I think you'll be happy here.
Pros
Weekends off (except for occasional Saturday morning), decent pay, team atmosphere
Cons
Lacking basic structure, terrible building
15 March 2018

Thank you for your thoughtful, balanced review. Several of points you make are being addressed this year.

Horrible place to work
Counter Staff (Former Employee) –  Saskatchewan21 August 2017
Frontier is a horrible place to work. The turnover rate is about 12 people a year. That would be an entire staff. Management/owner do not care about anyone. Worse company i have ever worked for.
Pros
When you leave
Cons
salary, benefits, work environment, management, just a horrible place to work.
26 March 2019

I am sorry you felt we let you down. Hoping you found another opportunity which was more fulfilling.

busy office
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 July 2017
Busy wholesale location where multi tasking is required. Great atmosphere, friendly staff who are willing to help whenever required. Safety is always put first.
9 May 2019

Well, thank you! Health and safety is one of our core values and we consistently try to reinforce if something is unsafe or not working we will fix it, replace it or take it out of service so no one is hurt. Regular input from staff, either at our regular health and safety meetings, or day to day between each other and their supervisor, makes a big difference in ensuring a hazard free workplace.

Advancement depends on fitting in
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 September 2016
A good group but if you don't fit in with the "core" group you wont last long. Management is old school and does not want change. Nice warehouse a lot of product but no way to track completely. Need location codes and equality.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
just about everything
Good Place to Work with Potential To Build a Career
Employee (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 May 2016
The staff and culture is good. Management is supportive. Salary is on par with other places and benefits are decent. There is opportunity to work your way into different jobs as you learn more about the products.
Pros
Informal atmosphere. Team works hard to get orders filled right. Safe work place
Cons
continue emphasis on cross training and promotion from within
28 August 2018

Appreciate the feedback! We'll keep trying to improve the employee experience.

Great pay if you can avoid the backstabbers
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 February 2016
If you fit in with the "core" group it could be a decent job. Negative reinforcement abounds, you are only as good as your last mistake. They lie to your face and then tell you what a great place it is. A definite them and us culture of mistrust and favoritism.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
manditory saturday w/straight pay, negative culture of management
28 March 2016

Other employees have had positive experience with Frontier. I find it a supportive environment with opportunities for challenging, interesting work.

25 March 2019

3 years has elapsed since this comment and a new management team is now in place. There is a renewed emphasis on listening, looking for staff input and discussing career prospects. Each of the staff are respected and encouraged to discuss any concerns with management. Our team works well together and has a common goal of serving our customers as best we can.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Frontier Plumbing & Heating Supply. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6