Frontier Plumbing & Heating Supply Employee Reviews

Run run far and fast
Showroom Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 May 2018
Not a place I enjoyed working too much as it is a family operated.... if your not part of the family your expendable all the warnings before are all very true
Good place to work, great casual atmosphere and family feel
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 December 2017
Frontier was a good place to work, I spent many years there and enjoyed my time there immensely. They invested in me and I felt that I had every opportunity to advance. My main critique would be that it is lacking some structure (regular reviews, cost of living increases...etc) however I know that is a primary focus of the new management at the branch now. If you are looking for a good team atmosphere and a place to advance I think you'll be happy here.
Pros
Weekends off (except for occasional Saturday morning), decent pay, team atmosphere
Cons
Lacking basic structure, terrible building
Official response from Frontier Plumbing & Heating Supply
15 March 2018

Thank you for your thoughtful, balanced review. Several of points you make are being addressed this year.

Horrible place to work
Counter Staff (Former Employee) –  Saskatchewan21 August 2017
Frontier is a horrible place to work. The turnover rate is about 12 people a year. That would be an entire staff. Management/owner do not care about anyone. Worse company i have ever worked for.
Pros
When you leave
Cons
salary, benefits, work environment, management, just a horrible place to work.
Good Place to Work with Potential To Build a Career
Employee (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 May 2016
The staff and culture is good. Management is supportive. Salary is on par with other places and benefits are decent. There is opportunity to work your way into different jobs as you learn more about the products.
Pros
Informal atmosphere. Team works hard to get orders filled right. Safe work place
Cons
continue emphasis on cross training and promotion from within
Great pay if you can avoid the backstabbers
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 February 2016
If you fit in with the "core" group it could be a decent job. Negative reinforcement abounds, you are only as good as your last mistake. They lie to your face and then tell you what a great place it is. A definite them and us culture of mistrust and favoritism.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
manditory saturday w/straight pay, negative culture of management
Official response from Frontier Plumbing & Heating Supply
28 March 2016

Other employees have had positive experience with Frontier. I find it a supportive environment with opportunities for challenging, interesting work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Frontier Plumbing & Heating Supply. Our community is ready to answer.

2.2