Frito-Lay Pay & Benefits reviews

Found 44 reviews matching the search See all 4,702 reviews
Interesting place to work
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON19 June 2019
It's a decent place to work. depending on what you apply for and hired for, you're likely going to be working midnight's and weekends, there will be no day shifts right off the street. As time goes on, the chance of getting a day shift will be there.

If you're looking for a Monday to Friday day shift, keep on looking, it won't be here, as least not inside the plant.
Pros
Good pay and benefits for what you're expected to do
Cons
no the greatest of shifts to start.
Typical Multi-National - "More work for less pay"
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 February 2019
While there were many aspects that had the potential to make Frito Lay a great company to work for, they all fell flat. Big company with little to no job security and horrible pay unless you're in management. Typical multi-national expecting "more work for less pay". I enjoy nothing more to see PepsiCo's stock taking tumbles because it is a direct reflection of how cheap and dishonest this company is.
Pros
Free lunches (yeah right)
Cons
Long hours, low pay
Overall a stable job with relatively easy work but horribly managed.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 January 2019
They expect too much out of the ordinary human in 8hours, aswell they make you feel like you’re required to meet a certain achievement everyday before you’re allowed to leave. The warehouse and work was relatively good and nice, but management was iffy.
good money
Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON26 September 2018
can be long days and hard work, but if your willing to hustle it is good money.

good for people who like to stay active at work (lots of walking and lifting)
Excellent Company to work for
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON29 August 2018
As a Sales Representative at Fritolay Canada I learned a lot about marketing strategy, selling techniques and the food industry as a whole. The opportunity for advancements were there and my coworkers were generally friendly. The hardest part about the job was that I had to work every weekend and given my hobbies/interests I ran into a conflict with this. The most enjoyable part of the job was the independence.
Pros
Benefits, good salary
Cons
weekend work
I was fortunate to work with some excellent FritoLay managers on my team.
Route Sales Representative (RSR) (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK4 July 2018
As a Route Sales Rep. I sold a excellent variety of snack food products to large grocery stores & individual confectionary owners for over 12 years. I ordered store stock, delivered & merchandised each order daily. I enjoyed interacting with managers & receiving personnel every day on a delivery route schedule within Saskatoon. The workplace culture consisted of devoted, reliable, motivated employees to achieve sales targets every quarter & deliver the best service on a continuous daily basis.
Pros
good company benefits such as profit sharing & health.
Cons
the job required long working hours.
no comment
Maintenance Electrician (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB2 July 2018
lack of consistent management always hiring entitled students that don't know what there doing when they think they are doing it. pay is good though. Chant work life balance and safety but all that matters is production
Pros
free lunches
Cons
poor management
Great For Some
Customer Service Specialist - Trainer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 June 2018
If you are organized and are very flexible with hours, as some days are 6 hours and some are 12 hour, than this is a good job. The unfortunate thing is that you are paid the same as the worst person in the chain. When they are too slow you have to pick up after them. The management is friendly but expectations are high. Advancements are rare.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Stressful, high turnover
fast paced with great rewards
Route sales Driver (Former Employee) –  Gander, NL5 May 2018
route is preplanned and must be followed but management for the most part are hands off and only there to help when needed.
salary was great with terrific benefits. very little chance for advancement because of small turn over rate at company
Pros
great benefits
fair
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON3 April 2018
treated employees well, good life/work balance
promoted with in the company
pay was more than fair
respectable company within the community
good benefits
Pros
honest days work
Cons
busy at peak times of year
fun place to work
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 March 2018
DSD off truck sales. Long days but rewarding as commission base. Got to meet interesting store owners and was able to make deals and increase potential sales. Lots of incentives and great people
Pros
free chips, lots of contests
Cons
long hours, no advancement.
Typical Day at Work
Sanitation Technician II (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON13 February 2018
Frito lay Canada is a large food processing and manufacturer plant in Ontario. Its part of the global Pepsico Foods corporation. It has thousands of workers globally but operating as one big family. I have worked at this facility for about ten years and have exponentially benefited working here in many ways. Briefly I worked 8-hour shifts but soon found it convenient to work 12 hour shifts, 3- 36 hour shifts making a total of 36 hours but with additional benefits. Working weekend shifts has enabled me to go back to school where I am pursuing an undergraduate honors degree in Sociology with minors in Legal Studies and Peace and Conflict Studies. Work culture at Frito Lay is typically one of good work ethics, efficiency, respect, teamwork and camaraderie. The company has boasts very efficient leadership roles played by well educated and experienced resources at all its production levels. A culture of respect prevails between stuff and management. The most enjoyable part of the job is taking personal responsibility for any part of assignments given on shift basis and seeing that job completed satisfactorily is most pleasurable. There is an array of help and assistance, including various training when the work becomes challenging. Of course as you may find at every workplace there are good and bad days. Some of my worst days have been when some form of accidents have happened at my work station. Once I had a back injury, a chemical accident involving eyes. Otherwise what I have learned working for this company is making work look like fun and a part of your everyday life. I have  more... been able to work and go to school at the same time and this has been very fulfilling for me.  less
Pros
Paid breaks throughout the shift
Cons
12 hour shifts are very demanding on your physical body
Good money, but even if you work hard, you don't advance very quickly.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa West, ON21 January 2018
Nothing wrong with the job, it just sucks that they are not unionized and go by seniority. There were A LOT of very hard working and high performing people while I was there but unfortunately because everything went on seniority, someone with more time in would get the better routes vs someone who easily out performs them.
Great place to gain a lot of experience
Weekend team-leader (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 January 2018
Had to work long hours for the company, and they did not care whether you had school or not, as long as the job got done.
Worked very many hours during school to ensure quality job.
Management is good, but do not understand anything other than work.

Though, I have learned a lot in this company, and it changed me professionally and is a very good place to put on your CV
Great Conpany to work for.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON24 October 2017
Started as a summer student when I was in university and eventually secured a full time position as a sales rep. Good money and benefits. Was required to work weekends for years until positions opened up for midweek work.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
weekend work.
Employee
Technician (Former Employee) –  Taber, AB20 October 2017
Fast paced and long standing. Get to trained almost every job that you want. Easy to get in touch with resource managers with job, crewing and schedule.
Pros
Able to buy cheaper lay products
Cons
Always downcrewing people. Less hours of work. Giving hard time by office and payroll for paycheck, no callback, and dodging calls.
Fast paced, independent work lifestyle
Account Manager Pepsi Co Foods (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 September 2017
Great company, wonderful benefits. Lots to learn and room to grow and apply yourself. Great for merchandising and sales skills, customers always a pleasure to work with.
Mediocre
Warehouse Person/Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB3 September 2017
The job itself starts off ok even great but once you get the hang of it it becomes tedious and brainless. There are no raises so you can be the all star employee and still be paid as much as your poor co worker who does less work and shows up only half the time.
Management is hindered by more management and that management by more management still. So they do try to fix problems and help you out but in the long run nothing ever comes of complaints and problems.
You are required to have your own vehicle but they only pay you .39 a km. This does not cover your gas or any kind of vehicle maintenance.
Benefits
Cons
no recognition, no raises
Challenging
Account Manager/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON14 August 2017
In this workplace...there were ups and downs. When I first started with the company,there was a challenge right off the bat. The person who trained me was not the easiest person to get along with, so learning was quite the challenge.

Once I was trained the job was enjoyable, I would travel to 4 to 5 large store accounts per day. This would include Costco, Walmart and Food Basics. I would be responsible for stocking shelves, ordering product and selling in and building displays. Servicing these accounts was enjoyable in that I met and dealt with various people on a daily basis.

Overall in this position, I learned how to deal with the various peosonalities and also how to a degree sell product. The hardest part I found was putting in some long hours.
Pros
Good benefits and pay
Bad Management
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 August 2017
I worked at Frito-Lay Canada for about a year, I expected much more out of such a big company, They make you do so many extra things over & above your job description and time (commision based job). The most dissapointing part is how cheapily run the company is. About 90% of the company trucks don't even have air conditioning. Don't waste your time here, don't get suckered into advancement via seniority. From many people I have talked to Pepsi Co Beverages is a much better experience if you want to be a Sales Rep, way more perks and better management
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Everything other then the pay & benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Frito-Lay. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K