Frito-Lay Employee Reviews for Merchandiser

See reviews about:
Found 7 reviews matching the search See all 3,336 reviews
Active and Fun
MERCHANDISER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 September 2017
The duty of a merchandiser was not to just stock shelves at grocery stores, but to create a display that was worth looking at when you pass by. The job is extremely hands on and requires a lot of stamina. Attention to detail was a strength within this job that allowed me to help train other employees to meet company standards. All in all the company was a great place to be and was very compensating.
Fun place to work, can be lonely
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON4 April 2017
You work by yourself most of the time as a merchandiser but that is the only real concern I personally have with the job. Management is great and well organized, you are always busy while you are working and it is generally easy work.
Pros
Paid based on how much time you put into your work
Cons
Customers asking where things are, working alone most of the time
Awesome place with very flexible hours
Part Time Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 January 2017
Lays is a great employer in my job as a part time merchandiser as they go through a thorough training process and make sure that you are entirely comfortable with the job and what it consists of before sending you out to the workplace. Once in the workplace they also keep a solid communication line open ensuring that everyone is informed with what lies ahead before you even enter the store
Easy Work
Merchandiser - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 March 2016
I found this a very easy job, it was monotonous but that only meant that I was able to work better on the rotation and making the shelves presentable to the customers and enticing to buy.
Pros
hours
Cons
salary
Long hours, tough work
Part Time Account Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 February 2016
They pay well, but the work is boring and the time constraints can be pretty ridiculous. Overall, I would avoid working as a part time account merchandiser.
Fast paced, independent work style.
Product Merchandiser - Temporary (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB13 February 2016
This position was a temporary contract. I went into four seperate locations, merchandised the shelves placing product out, I had to follow expiry dates, reduce on waste and manage my time to finish all locations in 16 hours.

The management team was professional, knowledgeable, and easy to contact in cases of emergencies or inquires. The position was a independent position and I had no coworkers. T

he hardest part of the job was getting to a speed of efficiency to merchandise all four locations in my contract within the hourly budget, but the feeling of pride at the end of the day when you can look down the aisles and see what you've accomplished is phenomenal, the fast pace and constant demand to better myself was enticing and the reward of completion made everything satisfactory.
Pros
Weekend job with flexible hours.
Cons
Short time budget.