Frito-Lay Employee Reviews

Found 151 reviews matching the search See all 4,585 reviews
Good
Warehouse Technician/Driver (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON30 April 2019
-flexible hours and friendly coworkers
-hard waking up very early to work but nice getting off at 2, sometimes earlier
-management is competent and willing to help
Company changed culture over the last few years
Marchandiseur (Former Employee) –  Boucherville, QC11 April 2019
Frito-lay used to be a company you wanted to work for. The company's culture has dramatically changed over the last 8 years that this is no longer a final destination job. Employees are unhappy with pay cuts and drastic changes.
Pros
Cons
work on call
friendly and supportive
Merchandiser, Part Time (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC11 April 2019
. The Province understands that a significant number of Indigenous nations in British Columbia have expressed interest in developing or partnering on clean energy projects under this program. The Province is seeking to engage with Indigenous nations and organizations to explore how the indefinite suspension of the SOP may affect the economic interests of individual Indigenous nations, and to explore alternate opportunities to meet those interests, where they exist.
Bon emploi étudiant
Marchandiseur (Former Employee) –  Laval (53)8 April 2019
L'horaire était parfait pour concilier avec des études lors de la semaine.
Prepare to make this your life
Route Sales (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON7 March 2019
I'll start off by saying this is a great company. But I'll also say they DO NOT care about your work/life balance. You will undoubtedly be working 10-16 hour days every day. If you want to do that than have fun. Personally, I didn't. The pay is great but again, work/life suffers because of it. You will start very early in the morning and potentially not get home until mid afternoon/early evening. It's a ton of work and incredibly repetitive after two weeks.
Pros
Drive own car, great pay
Cons
Very long days, a ton of work
Typical Multi-National - "More work for less pay"
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 February 2019
While there were many aspects that had the potential to make Frito Lay a great company to work for, they all fell flat. Big company with little to no job security and horrible pay unless you're in management. Typical multi-national expecting "more work for less pay". I enjoy nothing more to see PepsiCo's stock taking tumbles because it is a direct reflection of how cheap and dishonest this company is.
Pros
Free lunches (yeah right)
Cons
Long hours, low pay
fast paced/hard working environment
Warehouse Technician (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON1 February 2019
a typical day you move lots of skids and pallets of chips around,or your hucking boxes onto a conveyor belt,i learned how to drive a standup forklift, management was good
Overall a stable job with relatively easy work but horribly managed.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 January 2019
They expect too much out of the ordinary human in 8hours, aswell they make you feel like you’re required to meet a certain achievement everyday before you’re allowed to leave. The warehouse and work was relatively good and nice, but management was iffy.
Summer Employment
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Antigonish, NS21 January 2019
I would start my day by going to the stores and meeting one of my FritoLay coworkers and we would work together to put the back stock onto the shelves as much as we could. Then we would accept the new order and fill in any holes we couldn't with the back stock. Once the product line was full and properly presentable for the customers arriving shortly to begin their shopping, we would put the remaining product into the back stock. We would then move onto the next location.
Pros
Gas Paid For
Cons
Early Mornings
cetais un bel emploi
emballeur et cariste (Former Employee) –  Lévis, QC28 November 2018
bonne atmosphere bonne formation travail securitaire l aspect le lus agreable bonne atmosphere avec les confreres de travail le seul point negatif c est le changement d horaire dans la semaine rester debout tout un quart de travail dans le charriot elevateur mais on pouvait aussi placer les boites sur les courroies ou placer les boites dans les vans manuellement c etais bien
Pros
bon salaire
Cons
horaire variable dans la meme semaine
Good coworkers, fair employer
Packer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON9 November 2018
I enjoyed working at Frito-Lay, the people were generally nice which made for a fun work environment. They were fair and ethical. The hardest part of the job was the heat in the summer, up in the mezzanines.
Pros
Workplace environment
Cons
Heat
productive work place and a fair company
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 November 2018
it fun environment because everyone helps you. you come in everyday and everyone is excited to work because company give everything that make work much more easier
good money long hours
Route Sales Representative (RSR) - Hands-on (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK1 November 2018
must be eager to work long days and take initiative. ownership of job duties and responsibilities. if you can manage the long hours and lack of life balance at times
Fun and exciting
Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC18 October 2018
I had a lot of fun working for the company. Management was helpful and I learned a lot. At the time of my employment there was very little room to advance, but opportunities were there.
Pros
Worked at my own pace
good money
Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON26 September 2018
can be long days and hard work, but if your willing to hustle it is good money.

good for people who like to stay active at work (lots of walking and lifting)
DONT work here
Packaging Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON17 September 2018
not a great place to work. Dont seem to care about their employees as evidenced by the way they handled adding new automation lines and not laying anyone off to collect ei. Most employees were cut to 2-3 shifts a week for almost 2 months.
Meilleur emploi que j'ai eu!
Representant (Current Employee) –  Vanier, QC16 September 2018
Travail valorisant et valorisé. Meilleur emploi à vie!
Bon salaire, travail autonome
Représentant aux ventes (Former Employee) –  Nepean, ON13 September 2018
J'ai aimé mon expérience avec fritolay. J'ai appris beaucoup sur la relation professionnelle vendeur/client. Une journée typique consiste à effectuer la livraison de la marchandise dans les dépanneurs et épiceries, entretenir une bonne relation avec les gérants. Ce que j'ai aimé est le fait d'être autonome et de pouvoir gérer mon inventaire moi-même. Ce que j'ai moins aimé est le fait que la compagnie coupe les salaires de plus en plus, les camions tombent en ruine et la compagnie n'investit pas dans de nouveaux camions. Il n'y a pas non plus de sécurité d'emploi, aucune journées de maladies, travaille les fin de semaine et les possibilités d'avancement dans la compagnie sont assez minces.
Pros
Salaire
Cons
pas de journées de maladies, conditions de travail
Good company overall but headed in the wrong direction.
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE6 September 2018
Good company but headed in the wrong direction. The shareholders have become the main focus instead of it's valued employees. Cost cutting is obvious in every way.
Pros
Stale chips, set own schedule.
Cons
very physical.
Excellent Company to work for
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON29 August 2018
As a Sales Representative at Fritolay Canada I learned a lot about marketing strategy, selling techniques and the food industry as a whole. The opportunity for advancements were there and my coworkers were generally friendly. The hardest part about the job was that I had to work every weekend and given my hobbies/interests I ran into a conflict with this. The most enjoyable part of the job was the independence.
Pros
Benefits, good salary
Cons
weekend work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Frito-Lay. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K