Frilly Lilly Employee Reviews

The worst employer
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 December 2019
As an esthetician at Frilly Lilly you can expect to be underpaid, under appreciated and ripped off. They claim they guarantee hours yet you are sent home after working the minimum of three almost every shift. Owners and management are disrespectful to staff and have little to no empathy for when you are sick, take bereavement etc... You are paid the same as reception (minimum wage) yet are expected to double as janitors and complete more cleaning duties than anyone else in the spa. Passive aggressive managers leave notes, lists and photos up all around the spa belittling their employees all to condescend and disrespect their staff. Numerous labour relation laws are being broken at any given time. They hire hardworking esthetician’s only to be treated like garbage at this company. There is no wonder the CEO’s approval rating is so low, this company is garbage. Do yourself a favour and work anywhere else but here.
Great place to work!
manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 November 2019
Its fun, busy, interactive and the role is stimulating. The company is always adding to its menu and training is ongoing. Medical benefits are also available which is a bonus!
I Loved this Job!
Front Desk (Former Employee) –  British Columbia29 November 2019
I was with Frilly Lilly for 3 years before I had to leave for family reasons. I loved this job and everyone in my boutique. If I could I would come back and be there day in and day out. I loved my clients, my team and the culture. It was a dream Job
Toxic Envronment
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 September 2019
Been working for this company for a few years now and so far from those few years from start to finish has been nothing but negativity. There is negativity everywhere but this is the worst I've seen it in a work environment. Everyone including management and owners have gone back and forth talking badly about each other, former employees, former work places and clients...and this is not done quietly. I've gotten multiple complaints from clients and coworkers about indecent language, awful vibes, rudeness, and cleanliness of the store; of course I'm no angel in that department as I've had a couple incidents where I had to take matters into my own hands because management will not.
Workers are paid decent and occasionally there will be a reward for bringing in new clients and/or keeping existing ones but never for just plain old hard work. Even if you are offered a higher role in the company or you take on extreme overtime you are barely paid enough for that time but you are expected to do an extraordinary job. You are restricted to only taking days off during certain months for vacation which is fair when its busy..but some of the more privileged individuals are able to take EVERY long weekend and holiday off...I mean if you OWN the spa how about taking time to PROPERLY RUN the spa. Teamwork..that's not even a word here..and god have mercy on you if you even tried to make it work. Weekly meetings on duties around the store are ignored and workers who do their part in trying to keep the work environment balanced, clean and fun get ridiculed and criticized. The list could go on
  more... and on about this place. I've worked in the industry a long time in different spas and by far I think it will stop here as Frilly lilly has literally destroyed my love of working in a spa environment completely.  less
Honoured to be part of the team.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC30 August 2019
Great company and team.
Room to grow, with continual education, training and support.
Very high standards and protocols to provide the best services in the industry.
Marketing career growth at Frilly Lilly
Social Media Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 August 2019
I worked at Frilly Lilly's head office in charge of social media and digital marketing. I'm so grateful for the opportunity that the company gave me to grow my skills and rise up to new challenges. I was given a lot of autonomy, and tasked with getting creative to solve problems and come up with new ideas. The company was growing a lot during my time there, which always kept things fresh and interesting. The head office is made up of a small team, which gave me the opportunity to learn about other areas of the business.
Awesome, enjoyable place to work!
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 August 2019
As soon as I started I felt very empowered and part of the team! This has not changed since, only increased which is amazing to me. They really value their employees and focus on their growth. I would recommend this company to everyone.
Pros
Great hours, awesome people
Great Girls and Great Jewelry
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 August 2019
The girls were the best part of the job. Really fun and sweet. I miss them a lot since moving but still talk to some of them. I still keep in touch with some of the customers too. My manager wasn't always around but I also like to work on my own so it was good for me. The front desk job was easy but definitely a bit repetitive. If I moved back, I would work there again.
Pros
Lots of fun jewelry and lotions!
Cons
Lots of standing
Best Company!
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 August 2019
I love working here! the team of franchises are truly a family. You can always rely on one another for help. I feel as if I am helping out and working with a great group
Pros
supportive, fun, friendly
Fun environment, unprofessional company
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC17 April 2019
In my time at Frilly Lilly I highly enjoyed my work environment and the people I worked with. I worked front desk for almost 2 years and learned the ins and outs of the company and how it is run.

The company is family run, and only care about themselves. Don't ever expect to have any sort of acknowledgment on a job well done, expect to be talked down on and put to blame on anything that goes wrong. Pay is horrible for how much they have you doing, and commission on products you sell are almost next to nothing.

From my personal experience I was "fired" 2 weeks after asking for a raise when I had been working for this company for almost 2 years.

I have experienced jipped pay-checks, utter rudeness, and have witnessed other unprofessional actions to other employees.
Pros
Co-Workers, Time-off, Flexibility
Cons
Pay, Management, Expectations
Horrible management and abuse
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Anonymous17 March 2019
As an esthetician, the commission is one of the lowest in the cities, but if your location is busy you will make an okay income. That is if you are willing to put up with abusive and manipulative managers. Basic human worker rights like lunch breaks and the ability to take time off for doctors appointments are not given. Forget about taking vacation or having a good work/life balance.
As a front desk staff, you will be paid horribly and treated the same. The managers are abusive, manipulative and degrading. Have strep throat and need to go to the doctors to get antibiotics? Forget about it. A loved one dies in your family? No time off for that. They seem to like hiring kind, loyal employees and treating them like garbage. Turn over for front desk is incredibly high.
It is a shame, this company could be great. The problem is they let pyschopathic people buy a franchise that know nothing about running a business or being an esthetician, or keeping their employees happy. Constantly running out of supplies and wax, waiting over six months to hear back about vacation requests, being underpaid and overworked.
Terrible and abusive.
Don't make money for such horrible women.
Pros
None, you cant even get your own services done at your own location
Cons
Pay, scheduling, management, time off.
Frilly Lilly mission
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Calgary mission24 August 2018
Worst work environment ever! Worked there for years was good when I started but then they got bigger built more franchise’s. They hired to many staff members to do waxing so our paychecks got completely cut in half they do not care about their staff at all.
Esthetician’s were paid commission but they make cover the front desk for free. Staff meetings no pay and they were every Friday. Management loved to start drama would talk behind your back to other co workers. They don’t appreciate their staff at all. If you want to make no money and feel like your useless then this is the place to be!
Worst Canadian company ever
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 June 2018
Horrible unethical Canadian company. No pay raises, company is run by family members who are unqualified and inexperienced with running a professional business. Unorganized, employees are treated poorly.
Pros
Cons
Rarely receive a proper pay stub, tips are used and included as wages to prevent pay increases
So Much Fun with Lots of Great Perks
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 March 2018
I loved working as a receptionist here, because it was a fun job! Every day I was in a relaxing and enjoyable environment where people came in to feel good about themselves! The girls I worked alongside were lovely.
Fun
Front Desk Host (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 August 2017
Fun place to work, everyone helps one another out.
Hourly wage is not that great for all the work that you do.
Great when you need/want time off.
Productive and fun workplace
Reception / Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 November 2015
Frilly Lilly is a good place to work for new estheticians looking for experience. It is also a good place to build clientele.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Frilly Lilly. Our community is ready to answer.

Frilly Lilly Reviews by Location