Friendly's logo

Friendly's Work-life balance reviews

Clear
2.6Pay & benefits

Found 317 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,792 reviews

Depending on the location, the people there are by far the best thing about it.

I worked there for over 3 years. I started on Fountain, and worked my way up to be the lead grill cook. I was a Teenager still in High School when I started and didn't have much experience with jobs before then. Management was a hit or miss, some of them tried to take advantage of the younger kids, some of them tried to build them up. The pay wasn't terrible, the hours weren't bad, but I had better. It's a niche little environment to work in, a good introduction to the restaurant industry. Friendly's is somewhere you can make some quick money for a few months until you can get something more permanent, or a nice second job, or a not terrible career. All in all, if you want some quick money and have a head on your shoulders, there's worse places to work.

Pros

Good people, 50% off to free chow.

Cons

Long hours, understaffed, health-care.

Good

People was amazing I enjoy I loved in walking distance from the job I enjoy meeting new prime and also having regulars to concentrate with all in all a great place to work I hate they are closing I grew up On friendly and was going my grandkids would enjoy them as well

Pros

Freemfoid

Cons

Free food

Not the best place to work at

Working here was terrible. Decent easy summer job, but there’s never any time for anything else. Worked every weekend and every holiday. They wouldn’t let me take off on weekends EVER even though I worked 5-6 days a week including friday-sunday every week. Training is insufficient. I was trained by the previous new girl who had only been there for a month and then on my second week I was told to train someone else?? Why isn’t management the ones training? and then when you have questions you’re looked at like a deer in headlights.

Pros

Good breaks

Cons

Insufficient training

Easy Job, Poor Management

the job itself wasn't that hard but certain managers wouldn't help so the whole shift would be ruined. we look like a joke to the customers some nights because it was a shitshow

Helpless managers

What would you usually do ? Lots of self important people that can’t hold a a one sentence conversation (m+r) and random positions. Working with people isn’t that hard. Endless excuses .

Pros

Someone’s gonna clean house at some point

Cons

Working there

FUn place to work

Great place to work. Good work life balance. It is a fast paced environment. You get to know co workers and customers well. You get 50% off food while working at 20% when you come in with family or friends

Pros

can request a day off

Fun Summer Job

Great job to work for in the summer! You get to learn about customer service and also the restaurant industry. It can get busy at times but overall a good experience.

Cooperate doesn't care about you

My coworkers were great and mostly supportive, but upper management only has profit on their mind. They don't treat you like a human being, just a body. The pay is very low and raises are extremely rare. I worked full time as a cook and never made a living wage. Insurance was too expensive so went without it.The food is cheap and mostly microwaved - never felt proud to serve anything. Preparing it was easy but they would short staff you and have you work for two-three people when you are one, making the job more stressful and difficult than it should be for the pay.Poor work/life balance. Late nights and early mornings. Weekends off are rare but this is the restaurant industry so it is sadly normal.No appreciation for working during a pandemic.

My most favorite job

I absolutely loved working here. Made many amazing friends with the staff. The work was easy and fun as long as you had common sense. Things started to slow down towards the end but I had a very long run there and overall I would talk about it positively to anyone.

It's like any other server job

It's a pretty high-stress job to begin with and management never really made it any better. The managers that were former cooks or servers were more compassionate and helpful during the busy times of a shift.

Pros

Extra hours usually avaliable

Cons

Not a good place for longevity

It is an awful place to work

I have worked for friendlys for several years now and I have seen the company get progressively worse in how they treat us employees..the pay in extremely low compared to most other restaurants. Overall friendlys is not a good oportunity.

Pros

Cons

No breaks, long hours, always pressured

Not bad but not fun

Friendly’s is a great place to start for a first time server but since a lot of them are very slow, hence them closing. You have to work hard for tips but can make decent money.

Worst place to work upper Mgmt don’t care

Skip this job you will be happier .your values go out the window they make you do things you would never do .when the hire you the lies start from the minute you start.you don’t get treated like a human.all the care is about keeping the door open .

Pros

Meet some nice customer

Cons

Low pay, they never give raises till you quit

Not so Friendly

High up corporate did not know a thing about how to actually do they job they tell us to do .... Long hours . Often when coworkers called out .. management MADE you stay passed your clock out time... no not talking 15 20 mins . Im talking. You worked morning shift .they would say you have to stay all day till close ..... not ok !!!

Pros

No pros ... not one

Cons

Everything !! Especially managment

Depending on management, not a great company.

My management was terrible. They were despicable people with twisted views on life. Disregarding their shortcomings as people, there seems to be an overall lack of good communication and positive environments in this company.

Pros

Nothing.

Cons

Everything.

Worked here for 6 years and only thing I cam say Bad about this place is that not much pay. But overall it's not a bad place to start if you a minor like I was at the time.

Pros

Good people

Cons

If you took a day off they fight about it

Bad

Work-life balanceConstantly breaks labor lawsOverallNo communication , management isn’t honest , hold one person responsible for the work load of three people and often with no breaks . General disrespect and disregard for their employees.

Fun place to work with job advancements

I love working here. There are many opportunities to grow and learn new things. Everyone is treated like family. This is a very fast pace environment and keeps me on my toes.

horrible management and training

when i was scheduled to work; sometimes i would show up and they would tell me to go home within minutes of being there. mind you; as a teenager who needed a ride to my job - i was not able to just quickly pack up and go. no training was provided - i was not shown how to utilize the cash register and they did not instruct me how to properly make the ice creams.

Pros

Cons

everything

Great

Awesome place to work for I did it for 3 years and I was very happy made great money and loved the guests it’s all about how you make your time there.

Good place for career advancement

It was a good place for career advancement and overall growth. One of the very few restaurants that did not serve alcohol which created a nice family friendly environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Friendly's. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement