Friendly's logo

Clear
2.8Job security & advancement

Found 298 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,792 reviews

Bitterness.

Working at Friendlys was nice when I first got hired, after awhile, everyone became bitter and not to fun to work with anymore.

Depending on the location, the people there are by far the best thing about it.

I worked there for over 3 years. I started on Fountain, and worked my way up to be the lead grill cook. I was a Teenager still in High School when I started and didn't have much experience with jobs before then. Management was a hit or miss, some of them tried to take advantage of the younger kids, some of them tried to build them up. The pay wasn't terrible, the hours weren't bad, but I had better. It's a niche little environment to work in, a good introduction to the restaurant industry. Friendly's is somewhere you can make some quick money for a few months until you can get something more permanent, or a nice second job, or a not terrible career. All in all, if you want some quick money and have a head on your shoulders, there's worse places to work.

Pros

Good people, 50% off to free chow.

Cons

Long hours, understaffed, health-care.

Fun Summer Job

Great job to work for in the summer! You get to learn about customer service and also the restaurant industry. It can get busy at times but overall a good experience.

Worst job ever

I worked with this company for 3 years. Three of the worst years of my life. I left because of how bad management and the owners where. So glad I now longer work there.

Cooperate doesn't care about you

My coworkers were great and mostly supportive, but upper management only has profit on their mind. They don't treat you like a human being, just a body. The pay is very low and raises are extremely rare. I worked full time as a cook and never made a living wage. Insurance was too expensive so went without it.The food is cheap and mostly microwaved - never felt proud to serve anything. Preparing it was easy but they would short staff you and have you work for two-three people when you are one, making the job more stressful and difficult than it should be for the pay.Poor work/life balance. Late nights and early mornings. Weekends off are rare but this is the restaurant industry so it is sadly normal.No appreciation for working during a pandemic.

Worst ever

Served for 40 years, Friendlys was the worst. Poorly managed from the corporate level ( current General Manager was great, but not DIstrict Managers and higher ). It’s like they never worked in a restaurant before, totally clueless. I know it’s a business but they only cared about making money, not pleasing customers. Consistently short staffed. Even our regulars would comment on it. Servers had to also do bus, do dishes, host, fountain, take out, housecleaning, etc in addition to crazy amounts of side work, all while getting paid server wage. Hardest working job with the least amount of pay and respect. Servers never got raises, no matter how long they worked there or how well they served. And the General Managers and assistant managers would get transferred constantly and were treated horribly. Wouldn’t recommend working for this company to my worst enemy.

Pros

Half priced food, though no time to eat it cause no one watched your section even if you could take a break.

Cons

Too many to list

Not allowed to be yourself

There was no room to do your own thing was always being questioned for doing my job my way it has to be their way or your fired. Nothing else to add they're way or the highway! I have over 40 years experience but wasn't good enough for them

Worst place to work upper Mgmt don’t care

Skip this job you will be happier .your values go out the window they make you do things you would never do .when the hire you the lies start from the minute you start.you don’t get treated like a human.all the care is about keeping the door open .

Pros

Meet some nice customer

Cons

Low pay, they never give raises till you quit

The human resource doesn't know whats shes doing

Hr gives out wrong answers and fires good workers but keeps bad workers. Seems like they pick and choose who gets to stay and who gets to leave. Apparently being physical and harassment is okay but voicing your opinion is not. The company is bad because management doesn't do any hands on and just listens to whatever people tell them . They don't investigate issues and they make new rules up every day. There is no communication at this company. All the supervisors on different shifts don't communicate with eachother. This place has to be the worst place I've worked for .

Pros

You can harass people and be physical with people and not get fired

Cons

Tons of idiots leading other idiots

Good place for career advancement

It was a good place for career advancement and overall growth. One of the very few restaurants that did not serve alcohol which created a nice family friendly environment.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Friendly's?

They don't care about you

Before I worked there it took forever to get an interview and once I got hired they made it clear that needed to fill a position not that wanted me there. I felt that I wasn't trained for the job either.

Pros

Okay pay. Paid for my meal.

Cons

Healthcare too expensive and not that good. Closing most of the time.

Not really a good place

It could’ve been better, I had some problems with one of the manager's. The place ended up closing so I lost my job. I ended up moving to Maine and got a job there, but that didn’t go as planned. I moved back to Vermont, and I’m looking for a job that suits me well!

Significant

● OverallIt’s a good job to start off at because you have the chance to learn and experience cooking and learning how to lead others at not only cooking but serving customer service and the like.

Worked there for a long time. Great management and opportunity to launch into a further career. Learn tools of the trade and customer service. Always worked with my schedule

Horrible Company

Friendly’s was one of the worse jobs I ever had. The work/life balance was a absolute joke. They offered no benefits and below industry level pay for managers, also expect the world out there managers and give nothing back. They offer no training program for new hires and no real promotional level for management. It was a horrible job. I would never recommend working there at all.

I heard it was a great job that’s i was so excited to work there.

But when I actually got to work it wasn’t what I expected, I never got any respect from the managers, I got hurt on the job and nobody called the ambulance or nothing. I was so disappointed where i was working.

Excellent job to build experience

Excellent job for learning new skills and to move on to management positions, flexible scheduing and a relaxed atmosphere to work as a summer or first real job

Pros

Flexibliity, relaxed environment

Cons

Not enough pay, lack of a consistent schedule

Always fast paced

Friendlys was overall a fun job. However, there were some things the company could have done to improve business and make working there a better experience.

Don't

Friendlys is not a job I recommend u less your a teenager starting from the ground up it's great way to get some work effort into your blood but there's no room for growth

Closed my store

Loved this job. Sad we closed. I worked my way up in this company and it gave me great experience and had an excellent manager training program. Great place to gain experience.

It’s a great company

It’s a great company I worked there 25 years and loved it first job ever have it was fun I had a great staff aid them correctly and gave then benefits as needed

Pros

Great hours flexibility fun to work

Cons

It was good nothing wrong

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Friendly's. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement