Friday Harbour Resort

Friday Harbour Resort Management reviews

Canada20 reviews
Management sucks, very toxic work environment. No one works together, everyone just tries to screw each other over to make themselves look good. Very shady place to work, they’re getting away with a lot that they shouldn’t be
Pros
Beautiful place physically
Cons
Bad work environment and atmosphere
This company does not care about their associates at all. Managers get bonuses, managers are never accounted for. Managers can be late or come in whenever they want, while the associates run the place. They don't pay attention or care about what's going on. You will get thrown under the bus. Make sure if you get a job here to cover yourself. It's very toxic. The executive staff are rarely on site. The place when starting, felt like it could have potential, but the none experienced manager staff have run it into the ground. I feel sorry for the lies they tell the people that live there. Be warned, it's not all that it's hyped up to be.
The winters are brutally slow and the summers are pretty busy. Depending what department you're in, management can be unhelpful. However, I found that the Experience Team has good management and they created a fun and inviting work environment.
As for the job itself, the majority of homeowners and guests that come in treat staff terribly. The staff are getting blamed for the delays in construction and the insane policies that the resort has put into place. I would say its not worth the stress to apply here.
Most unfriendly place to work in my whole working career. Upper management won't even say hello or nod their heads. Extremely unorganized, unbalanced and unrealistic resort. Lots of promises made at the interview but nothing came of it.
It is unfortunate because I really think the place could be great if some of the management and employees took the time to work.
I worked in property maintenance at FH and at first, I was promised the world but instead I was sold a bill of goods. Working at Friday Harbour (after many years of previously working in the property maintenance industry) has been the absolute worst experience of my entire career. The upper management is so incompetent, so unqualified, that I’m surprised that the resort still employs people. The CEO who should be leading is never there. I was constantly overwhelmed and bombarded with complaints from homeowners that were never addressed by upper management and fell on deaf ears. Finally I had to leave for my sanity and my physical well being. Do yourself a favour and look elsewhere.
The staff regularly made for a stressful environment, not an understanding workplace, horrible boss who belittled the entire staff, all-in-all it was a learning experience to never stay somewhere you are unhappy..
The people who work there are ok but the management is no good. She loves to tell you what she knows and what she wants you to do even if it is not right or even safe and when someone higher up notices what is going on she will blame you for doing it. People who work there should make sure they write everything down so they can go back and have proof. You are not going to do just the job you are hired for you will be driving people around, opening doors for people, washing car's, and whatever else they decide to tell you to do.
They actually have people in a role they call LEAD witch is actually what normal people would call supervisor that are still in school and know a lot but it is all book knowledge NO actual life knowledge they know nothing about what is to de done and what is important and not important.

This place is a JOKE!
Cons
Too many to list
This is a horrible working environment. The CFO has a horrible attitude and she treats people terribly by looking down on them. She is totally clueless and lacks people skills and leadership skills. The rest of the leadership team is pretty much the same - no leadership. They love to waste your time by having multiple useless daily meetings. No work life balance and you'll get calls constantly. This is definitely not a place you would want to work.
The management here is going to take this place down. She is a huge micro manager. She will tell you she has all the qualifications and that may be true but she has never been a guard EVER. This means she has no idea what we have to go through to get the job done. She loves hiring people right out of college because we will listen to her and not put up a fuss.
Find another place to work. The money is ok but the hours suck the management sucks the people suck.

One day the upper management will wonder why she is going through so many people and question her about this but until they do this is not the place to work.
Pros
Cons
Far to many to list