FRID + Russell Business Products

FRID + Russell Business Products Employee Reviews

The hardest part about the job would be picking orders from the top shelf. The management is very professional and everyone is very respectful. The most enjoyable part about the job is putting the boxes in the trunk and watching it drive away
Very good place to work,manager is very helpful and nice person, coworkers are friendly, sometimes free lunches , bonuses, employee discount. Everyone gets treated like family members.
Pros
Employee discount, bonuses health benefits
Cons
Sometimes you have to take boxes of papers to the second floor
I Worked at Frid and Russell for 5 years it was hands down one of the most toxic work environment s I had ever been apart of. Management was terrible,. They had super high expectations with very little compinsation. I am very surprised this company is still in business for they truly do not know how to treat their employees and even their customers. Awful experience do not work for this company
Pros
Cons
Way too many to write
With 20 years industry experience and 13 of those year at FRID + Russell, I can honestly say F+R is an excellent place to consider for employment. F+R has equal employee rights and everyone is treated like family. Your work, dedication and ideas are always appreciated by management and co-workers. F+R has very attractive benefits that are open to all employees. If you're looking for a company who does not treat you like another number and honestly cares about you, F+R is the place for you. Looking at the average years of a F+R employee is very impressive and encourging when thinking about the long term.
Working at FRID + Russell has been a great experience. Everyone is able to work independently, but there's always willingness for help when it's needed. If you're a dedicated, hard-working employee, you'll stand out when it's review time and you will definitely be rewarded. Customer service also has many spiffs or inside sales opportunities to make some extra money on top of hourly wages as well. Once you get to know your customers a little bit, it's quite easy. Anytime anyone has a problem or an idea, management is very open and willing to discuss anything on your mind. They're very understanding with time off needed and vacation days as well. The office is very casual, and everyone is friends. Dress code is business casual; jeans are permitted as well. Office is usually very quiet, or some days there's music playing that keeps everyone in a fun mood. Overall, my experience at FRID has been great. I love coming to work knowing I can be productive and don't have to worry about any stress with the amazing team we have.
Working at Frid and Russell has been truly amazing. The boss is very kind and truly cares about each and every employee. Everyone is very nice and easy to work with. Truly best job yet!
My experience at Frid and Russell was beyond incredible! I thoroughly enjoyed all aspects. The people were friendly, the salary and benefits were more than fair, and the employees were treated like family! There was plenty of opportunity for advancements during my experience at Frid and Russell, if you demonstrated initiative and hard work. On numerous occasions throughout the year, lunches and snacks are provided, free of charge. Additionally, there are many social events in and outside of work, which lead to stronger coworker relationships. The owner truly cares about the company and his employee's well-being and job satisfaction. He was always willing to discuss issues and answer questions. It was a pleasure meeting him! Overall, I would 11/10 recommend Frid and Russell as a job for anyone anyone who is looking for a satisfying job with plenty of opportunity to make friends, feel valued, increase salary, etc.
Pros
Pleasant environment, kind people, bonuses, free lunches, excellent leadership
Cons
None!
Competitive wages and often, personalized bonus structures are created to help individuals earn extra money above their personal wage. Benefits include appreciation lunches, multiple opportunities to attend staff functions both in the workplace and out, profit sharing, bonuses and a flexible work environment. Family based company that understands the importance of family and the special challenges that arise as a result. Management is sympathetic to the unexpected curves that life sometimes throws and will usually assist employees in meeting those challenges where possible. When an employee works to the best of their ability they are generally rewarded with job stability and various perks. Many longtime employees and friendships as a result. Overall, a great environment to work in.
Pros
Competitive wages, bonuses, staff luncheons, flexible work environment
Cons
Advancement is limited due to size
If you are looking for a fast paced, rewarding career where you are treated as family and not like another number, then look no further. FRID + Russell is a 100% Canadian company that has been in business for over 70 years. The attention to detail, customer satisfaction and drive for new growth has made this company success and will continue to be successful for years to come. Most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the positive results from the hard work each and every person / department puts in. FRID + Russell is truly a team. Management has an open door policy and is always there and willing to help should you have a request. Typical day involves hunting for new business, maintaining current business and working with the FRID team to insure customer satisfaction. I have learned that the sky is the limit and there are opportunities around every corner. If you are willing to put in a little effort, you will be rewarded.
Pros
Contests, bonuses, opportunity for growth
I have worked for Frid and Russell for over 10 years now and I love it. The owner and sales manager are great people to work for. They listen, they are very encouraging and always want you to succeed. A typical day would be out on the road doing FRID calls and visiting existing customers.I love meeting new people and I have made some great friends because of my job. If you love to work hard and being awarded for that, then Frid and Russell is the place to work.
Pros
benefits, contests to win trips, great salary if you work hard.
Cons
really can't think of one.
If you like being outside, working independently, meeting lots of people, and enjoy physical work, than I highly recommend being a FRID + Russell delivery driver. Typical work day consists of: verifying assigned route (each driver gets their own route) delivery orders to manifest, loading truck, uploading delivery route to phone, completing deliveries, emptying truck upon return. The drivers generally all try to help one another out and staff are available for any help/questions/concerns as they arise as is management.
Pros
benefits, work attire provided, work phone provided, gas card provided, physical work, meet lots of people, outside, independent
Cons
rarely you have to haul multiple cartons (50lbs each) of paper up stairs
The company provides extensive training, a quick feed back loop on performance criteria and enough resources to get the job done. The culture is one that fosters openness and transparency and the decision makers are very receptive to suggestions and new ideas.
Pros
You can be as self directed as your capabilities allow.
Cons
The picking/ packing operation is on the afternoon shift and is challenging to recruit for.
Frid and Russell is an environment where there is a complete lack of leadership, guidance, and trust. The workplace environment is unprofessional, and concerns are consistently overlooked. Many concerns can not be shared in this review, however, they were serious enough to leave this company. If you seek a company that values you as an employee for your hard work and commitment, Frid and Russell is NOT a company for you, regardless of the position.
Pros
No longer working there
Cons
Terrible leadership from owner, immature employees, zero opportunity for growth
FRID+ Russell Business Products is a great company to build your Sales career. They have a Sales Associate program to help train people with limited outside B2B sales experience. Promotion to Sales Representative is available to any Associate who exceeds first year targets. The ability to work from a home office and develop long term relationships with clients is a big plus. We work as a team, collaborate frequently and share strategies to help each other improve. Everyone is committed to success and having fun. Great culture as we are not treated like a number which is often the case at larger corporations.
Pros
Great sales culture, training, home office, fantastic team and the ability to increase your compensation as you grow your territory
This was an okay company to work for. However the expectations and daily job responsibilities did not meet the income. Very low paying sales job with NO reimbursement for gas.
Pros
Make own schedule
Cons
low income
Official response from FRID + Russell Business Products
12 May 2017
Sales positions are not for everyone. But for those who have sales ability and hard work ethic are rewarded financially. We currently have 9 very successful sales reps.
I was employed with this company for just over three months. I was never trained properly and was always told by fellow employees that they where just to busy to train me. Everything about this company screams stay away. The owner of this company is thoughtless and has no social skills when it comes to his staff. The person that hired me has no skills at all and is clueless on how to handle many situations that came about while I was there. Apparently when the original owners had the reins it was a great company but now that the son is running it,... we will leave it at that.
Pros
Cons
Too many to name
Frid and Russell is a very toxic work environment with a lot of negativity and drama. this workplace under pays and over works all staff. if you are lucky enough to get a raise it will be 25 cents. I would never recommend Frid and Russell. The management is horrible to say the least. the hardest part of the job is that it pays low wages and there are no room for advancement. the most enjoyable part of the day is when it is over
Pros
Some income
Cons
An uncomfortable and toxic work environment that pays poorly
A typical day at the office starts at 8:30 am, except for making sure the Installation team had everything they need for the jobs scheduled for installation that day, paperwork mainly. I learned that I could multitask better than most people that I work with. Co-workers are friendly and a good bunch that I can laugh with, a couple have attitudes but you kind of learn to live with it and deal with it in a calm manner. Management is 2 brothers and a sister, can get stressful at times as it's totally family owned and operated. Hardest part of the job is some of the pressures that occur with trying to get customers furniture in, in a timely fashion. Always on top of the vendors to get orders to me as fast as possible. Then scheduling the pick-ups and installs for as soon as I can....can be crazy at times especially dealing with all the sales people too. The most enjoyable part of the job is when we have a "summer party" or Christmas Party. We did a scavenger hunt one year, by car, everyone teamed up and had to take pictures of things on a list.
Pros
every couple of months they treat us to a lunch, always happens on a Friday.
Cons
Only cons I can think of is not enough pay to be honest. I do a lot of work there, have had some overtime, but raises haven't happened for me in 7 years.