Freson Market Ltd/Freson Market IGA/Freson Bros. IGA

Freson Market Ltd/Freson Market IGA/Freson Bros. IGA Employee Reviews

Canada9 reviews
Unpleasant place to work no one got treated the same. A lot of favouritism. Was very unappreciated for the work I did. I was one of the ones to know everything la
Paid for 40 hours and expected to work 70-80 hour weeks. As a manager you do not get your full Bonus. They give you 20% of what you achieve. Withholding the 80%. They do this to force you to stay with the company longer. Management lacks integrity. Hostile environment created by the store manager. Store Manger does nothing all day and just hands down tasks to managers. He is friendly to the customers but in personable to his own team

Managers
Pros
Good pay for management
Cons
Management, poor pay for anyone who is not a manager
I will start off by saying, this place is great for a first job for kids that are looking to get into the food trades and a good place to learn about food based trades like Chef/Baker/Butcher. Also is really great place to meet new people.

But that being said that's all I can say is good about this place. The Management/Leadership is Extremely egotistical and has extreme favoritism issues. This company doesn't do enough employee evaluations or give constructive criticism so lazy workers run rampant and go undisciplined. Department managers are basically glorified supervisors, they can't out right fire someone, they can write people up but that never resulted in anything. Seen so many issues with lazy workers not getting any sort of consequence which resulted in departments always falling behind. I've seen lazy workers complain about to much work in a day behind their dept managers backs because they are purposely going slow all day, then get OT from the store manager for being lazy basically. This caused a very toxic favoritist work environment.

The department "Manager" position is a revolving door. The expectations are to high a lot of the time and I've seen a lot of managers leave because they are basically living their whole life at work. I'm talking 60-70 hours a week when only paid for 40 and no OT. I get some people love to work and they dedicate their lives to the work, which is fine but most people work to live, not live to work.

Overall the work itself was fine and the people I worked closely with were awesome. But the Management needs A LOT of work. My advice
 - more...
Good workers underappreciated while the ones who dont deserve it - they get all the praise. The turn over rate has sky rocketed because all the valuable workers quit.
I applied to work at the Fort Saskatchewan store after my husband fell severly ill. I was completely honest about my situation and manager hired me to work 3 evenings a week until my husband was stable enough for me to take on more shifts.
Before I was ready the pressure was on but reducing my hours until I had only 1 3 hour shift every 10 days or so. All this knowing I was the only income in my home since my husband became ill.

I offered to take my preserve at my expense to get shifts in the restaurant when I found out they had nobody to work there. Left messages to my manager with no call backs and I finally went in to see her directly. She told me to make an appointment with her if I wanted to speak with her.

I finally went to see the store manager and told him my story to be told that it is probable best if we move forward from here...meaning your fired.
Pros
Benefits and wage are fair
Cons
Unprofessional and not enough training
If you want to feel used, taken for granted and feel like they're just waiting for someone better than you to come along then this might be the place for you.
Did not have a great experience here at all.
meeting and greeting new people everyday was great, management in ALL departments were helpful and kind, every day, all day was the best part of the day.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
low pay
Great place to work with a very accepting environment. All the staff is very nice and friendly and the hours are very flexible. The pay could be better but all considered it's a great place to work
great staff and friendly management that are very easy to get along with and are good with working around your schedule, it is trying at times but if you have a positive attitude you will do well and it will not seem so much like work as just spending a few hours with great friends
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Freson Market Ltd/Freson Market IGA/Freson Bros. IGA?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Freson Market Ltd/Freson Market IGA/Freson Bros. IGA. Our community is ready to answer.
2.2