Freshslice Pizza Employee Reviews

Is a good place to start with but not for long term
Cashier/Customer Service (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 March 2019
Its good place to start but not long term to work with. They should provide good benefits and competitive salary. And give a opportunity as well to move up to the next level of position
Pros
free food
Cons
long hours but no pay
Productive, fun work place
Pizza Cook (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC1 March 2019
I worked in freshslice pizza, i have a good working experience in this restaurant. It was amazing to work with freshslice as i learned making pizza's with best taste.
Horrible
Fast Food Worker (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC26 February 2019
Horrible first job where Very rude and overwhelming just overall not a great experience makes me never want to work in the food industry again!!!!!!!!
Pros
Great food
Cons
Employees
High speed working environment
In-store Staff at Fresh Slice, Nanaimo (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC30 October 2018
Working in Freshslice mostly is exhausting and fun. Cooking pizzas and catering a different kind of customers in a high-speed environment is always challenging.
Pros
Free work meal
Terrible place to work
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 October 2018
Not a good place to work, poor management. Terrible pay and working conditions. Staff were yelled at expected to say nothing but take it. Below going rate for km pay. No support.
very amazing starting job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC21 October 2018
The management is amazing and the people are great. you really feel like a family when you work here. Also your schedule can be quite flexible, and its not super hard work at all.
Cook/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Squamish, BC21 August 2018
A typical work days requires:
Preparations of food
Cleaning
Delivering
Being able to communicate with customers formally and on friendly mutually level.
good experience
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC7 August 2018
I really like to work in Fresh Slice Pizza store.It was good experience with the company and employees. They properly follow the management rules and food safety programs.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Service with love
Cook-Food Service (Current Employee) –  Squamish, BC29 July 2018
Fresh Slice has a great working environment. The manager has helped and taught me a lot of skills from working the job to making people happy when they come in the store (Not just about commercial service and making money).
great student job
Pizza Delivery Driver (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC16 July 2018
Management was friendly , standard of food could change better for freshness, flexible scheduled , great beginners step into the job world. needs to work on professionalism.
Pros
Teaches good leadership roles.
Cons
income is too low.
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC23 May 2018
Very good job gives lots of hours fun work environment mangers are always nice about days giving days off lunch break is always 30 min gives me time to eat and enjoy myself
speed,organise,time managment
CASHIER & KITCHEN STAFF (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC11 May 2018
I had learned a number of things like time management because due to downtown it's very busy. preparing orders for delivery as well as for in-store sales as well. Friendly atmosphere
Great Management, flexible and approachable
Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC11 April 2018
Had a good experience working for fresh slice, Management always accommodated my life schedule and was very approachable when a problem arises in the work place.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Minimum wage
It was fun working there but it just wasn't for me
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC26 January 2018
I loved my bosses and coworkers I had a blast but I needed to move forward with my life I don't see myself in the fast food industry, i used to work in it when I was a teen but I'm an adult with high hopes and expectations
i was a cashier and a cook
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC10 January 2018
i was a cashier and a cook and i learned how to make pizza and talking to customers and the best part of my job was working with my co-workers and finding new friends
time goes by fast
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC5 December 2017
Time went by super fast working with many customers. Its a fun first job for students. You get free pizza during your shifts and also drinks. They are very flexible with their hours as well.
Pros
free pizza
Cons
you smell like pizza and your hairy is oily by the end of the shift
Horrible job at Commisary
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC28 October 2017
They never give you day offs. Always taking advantage of immigrants. People will come and leave all the time. They’re always hiring for that reason. Also very bad pay.
Pros
Available hours
Cons
Bad management
Unprofessional
Head office employee (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC27 October 2017
I do not recommend this company at all. Especially the head office. Really unprofessional people. The Owner of the company is one of the most egoistical people you will ever see. Search in Google and look at all the court cases..
Pros
No pros.
Cons
Waste of time and energy. Low salary. Too much drama.
Good opportunity, very young crowd
Shift Runner/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC9 October 2017
I enjoyed driving delivery and supervisor duties at this job. The owner was very sexist and often watched the cameras after leaving the store to complain about the way I was working. Threatened to fire me several times when friends came in to buy pizza while I was on shift, regardless of whether I talked to them or not.
Pros
Free slice per shift, fairly flexible hours
Cons
Sexism, baseless threats
A Day in A Pizza Joint
Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC12 July 2017
When the pricing for pizza is so low, you tend to meet all kinds of people, some that are really nice and become permanent customers and some who would stop at nothing to call you out for being of a different background. A typical day at work. I learned over the time that if someone is trying to be mean and rile you up, just flash them a big smile and then they wont have anything left to say. Be kind and always greet the customer, no matter how rude they are. The hardest past of this job is trying to not let people's mean words get to you. Be it a coworker having a bad day or a customer on a rampage.

but over all, I enjoy being around people and hearing their different stories when you ask them. How has your day been so far.
Pros
free pizza
Cons
under paid

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Freshslice Pizza. Our community is ready to answer.